• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Word vomit on my part.

I think View have squad depth through 1st & 2nds which bodes well but I don't think they have enough of the top level talent or brutes to cause the amount of upsets theyll need to win the comp.

I hope I'm completely wrong (judging by my first two rounds of tipping this is extremely possible) They certainly aren't fading like the team last year.
G’day TGOR, as you know ‘View has good depth in the rugby program, consistently fielding 40 rugby teams, opens down to the 10ths, in some years 11ths. Just my humble opinion, but having a large boarding contingent helps drive depth.

I acknowledge TKS and then SJC will be favorites leading into the season. However I also recognise some talented names in the 1st -3rds Squads so cautiously optimistic for a better than competitive year.

Last edited:

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
This is all good. I would only add a fun fact. The winners of the last 3rd XV competition prior to its resumption was SJC in 1961 (pictured)
The team were presented with the silver jug which had been the 3rds premiership trophy since Kings created it in 1909.
The jug went missing over the decades and Joeys had to donate a new shield in 2013 when TAS won its first title.

View attachment 15904
Great history Joker!
The current shield for the 3rd XV competition - The Col Windon Shield - was donated by the SGS Fathers Association in 2018. It has all of the 3rd XV premiers from 1918 to 1961 on a single plaque, then individual shields for every year from 2012 onwards. Worth playing for!!!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Great history Joker!
The current shield for the 3rd XV competition - The Col Windon Shield - was donated by the SGS Fathers Association in 2018. It has all of the 3rd XV premiers from 1918 to 1961 on a single plaque, then individual shields for every year from 2012 onwards. Worth playing for!!!
The great man himself in action.

From the Wallabies archive

Col Windon was arguably Australian rugby’s greatest ever flanker and undoubtedly the Wallabies premier attacking flanker of all time. When one considers the likes of George Smith, David Pocock, David Wilson, Simon Poidevin, Greg Cornelsen and Greg Davis in that conversation those titles take on even greater meaning. Windon was known as ‘Breeze’ because he ran like the wind and his explosive speed won him national beach flag races. He was also a try-scoring machine, a superb cover defender and simply peerless in his support play. Windon’s mantra, inherited from his mentor Cyril Towers, was ‘Position, Possession, Pace,’ but when asked how he did it all, he simply said he had ‘no fear’.

In 1999 he was named in Australian rugby's team of the century and in 2005 he was honoured as one of the inaugural five inductees into the Wallaby Hall of Fame.

1683509541414.png

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
The trials are over and now it comes down this. 10 rounds of tipping ahead.
This where getting the margin correct really pays off.
The maximum you could score in one round is 30 points (Three wins with you picking the margin)
If you pick one DRAW it is worth 20. These though are rare.

LAST CHANCE OFFER

If you wish to join in this weekend you can and you will given the same points as those who forgot to tip for the trial games.
There are still plenty of space to join.

No new tippers will be able to join after Friday 12 May

Welcome back KOB1987 who led last year all season till two props ran him down on the bell.

View attachment 15907
Are the GPS games being streamed on clutch ???

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The trials are over and now it comes down this. 10 rounds of tipping ahead.
This where getting the margin correct really pays off.
The maximum you could score in one round is 30 points (Three wins with you picking the margin)
If you pick one DRAW it is worth 20. These though are rare.

LAST CHANCE OFFER

If you wish to join in this weekend you can and you will given the same points as those who forgot to tip for the trial games.

Welcome back KOB1987 who led last year all season till two props ran him down on the bell.

View attachment 15907
It was the heart v head thing Joker...my head said Joeys would beat Kings in the final round but my heart wouldn’t allow me to make such a tip.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Yes. I am unsure if this will be free of your need to subscribe.
Anyone add anymore information?
Rrr

As Joker said, yes you have to subscribe to Cluch.

My previous post…

Yes arrangements are being made for the streaming of the 1sts - 3rds Rugby competition fixtures with Cluch TV as per recent seasons.

Kind regards,

Nigel Price
Executive Officer
AAGPS

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
1683581882478.png

LAST CHANCE OFFER

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
we need you.jpg

Dear AAGPS community, students, parents, lurkers and the constant crew of G&G

We need your help!

In 2023 for the very first time, we were able to bring the AAGPS community weekly results from the following grades

13A & 13B
14A & 14B
15A & 15B
16A & 16B
1st XV & 2nd XV

In addition, we also provided weekly tables for each grade. At the end of the season you could see who had done well.

All of this was done with the help of so many here. It was the assistance of old boys, staff and students who sent through updates on the scores from each game.

In 2023, we seek your help again, as starting this weekend, we gather the scores to bring you the most comprehensive results in schoolboy rugby.

With this is mind, we seek people who are in a position to send us results ASAP after the 1st XV siren. (Before would good as well)
The statistical genius who works with us would like the results for the weekend round quickly so tables and results can be published.

Are you able to nominate yourself to let us know your school’s results?

NOTE: Any member may also jump in as well with results.

NOTE 2: Joeys publish all results as the day progresses. If your school (this weekend Scots) are playing the cattle dogs be aware, “we got you covered.”

Below you will find examples of last year’s work.

weekly results - Round 5.jpg

comp tables - Round 5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.