• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Evening all,

Just looking for the remaining lineups for the "Team of the Week"
Kings
Joeys
Shore

Also the Team of the week will be judged from:

Forwards:
- Try/tries
- Try assist/s
- Tackles made and missed and the effect it had (example: try saver or miss tackle)
- Carries made and the effect it had (example: line breaks or lose of metres)
- Offloads
- Penalties
- Scrums (won and loss)
- Lineouts (won and loss)

Backs:
- Try/tries
- Try assist/s
- Tackles made and missed and the effect it had (example: try saver or miss tackle)
- Offloads
- Penalties
- Kicks (If the player does)
- Conversion % (for player who kicks conversions for their respective team)

If you believe I should take anything else into my judgment for the "Team of the Week". Please either respond to this post or message me privately.

*Lastly if I am unable to get the line up, the player if selected will not have their name in the "Team of the Week".

The Import.
Great initiative. How are you assessing the criteria, reviewing the footage yourself or are they published somewhere? Marshal had a good game in a well beaten pack but surprised to see in team. A lot of out of position players too, perhaps more objective if you limit selection solely to the position played.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Thank you for the "team of the week"

@Schoolboy Import please explain your objective measures on how you (?) select the team.
How many people are involved?
How are ties in selections decided?
Do weekend results play a factor?
Will we ever see a Shore player?

Just asking

Good luck with this endeavour

Thank you for the "team of the week"

@Schoolboy Import please explain your objective measures on how you (?) select the team.
How many people are involved?
How are ties in selections decided?
Do weekend results play a factor?
Will we ever see a Shore player?

Just asking

Good luck with this endeavour
Morning @Joker

1:
The Team of the week will be judged from:

Forwards:
- Try/tries
- Try assist/s
- Offloads
- Penalties
- Scrums (won and loss)
- Lineouts (won and loss)

Backs:
- Try/tries
- Try assist/s
- Offloads
- Penalties
- Kicks (If the player does)
- Conversion % (for player who kicks conversions for their respective team)

2: 6 people helped me for round 1.

3: Results do play a small factor. for example, the Kings v Shore game. Kings players had a higher chance to succeed while shore players had it harder

4: Yes, Shore have a few good talents.

The Import

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I don’t envy the task of trying to pick a TOTW, it’s a job for a mad man.
3rd-Offset.jpg

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Watched the Newington vs Riverview game on Saturday. My summation and prediction.

Riverview played to their strengths and their defence, especially in the forwards, did not allow the New forwards to dominate. Backlines were fairly even though New were predictable in some phases were View used the width well. New unlucky to not score at the end with held ups but credit to View defense. Overall, ok game played with good intensity for their first game. Watched the Scots v Joeys game on clutch and I think both New and View will struggle to match the Scots/Joeys physicality and speed. Kings must be eraly favourites.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
The tackle by the Joeys 7 was RIGHT in front of me. I don't have access to any replay so I'm happy to stand corrected; I thought the Scots fella had a toe on the ground. If he didn't it was a matter of poor timing rather than any malevolent intention. YC every day.

Just seen the footage. Pretty shocking timing. Not even remotely close to a foot being on the ground. The Scots boy landed horizontal too, so very very close to a clear red. Could have easily been seen as intentional given how bad the timing was. Not that I am suggesting it was in fact intentional. I think Joeys 7 definitely got lucky here.

If I could work out how to upload the footage that would be great but can't seem to do so.

Edit: best I can do

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
Morning all,

'Team of the week' is ready. Enjoy...
View attachment 15992

Congratulations to the boys who made this week's team, many players (especially in the back row and backs) just missed out.

The Import.

Great initiative Schoolboy Import. No chance of getting full agreement, but 100% chance of getting good (hopefully respectful) discussion (… for my 2 cents worth I did watch the Joeys 4 as identified by Cockatoo Run and he really was excellent. Hits and carries like a truck and follows the Eddie Jones requirement of very little time on the ground or out of play.).

Sharples will be hard to shift, but conversely I can see No.7 each week will almost work on a rotation - plenty of really great energetic talents with different skill sets across all teams! Good luck to you and your team of minions.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Just seen the footage. Pretty shocking timing. Not even remotely close to a foot being on the ground. The Scots boy landed horizontal too, so very very close to a clear red. Could have easily been seen as intentional given how bad the timing was. Not that I am suggesting it was in fact intentional. I think Joeys 7 definitely got lucky here.

If I could work out how to upload the footage that would be great but can't seem to do so.

Edit: best I can do
Best I can do. Scots 9 obscures Joeys 7

1684118858848.png

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Not half bad. Clearer than anything I could find.
I can download the games in 1080p and then screen "snip"
I can also edit the video to a particular point, place on YouTube, but I would not do this in this instance.
I only highlight positive play as per the commandments of G&G.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
C'mon Joker. We'll TRY and highlight positive play if you don't call schoolboys grubs. Plus, he didn't say it was intentional but miss timed. Settle pettle !!
Anyway, agree that 13 for Scots was good all day but yellow 12 had a poor defensive game ( can we say this ? ) but made up for it with 2 tries in 2nd half.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If that's the point of contact he's very lucky.

Speed of the game in Scots v Joeys definitely higher than the View v New game but it's just the style of fight for that week. I wouldn't read too much into it. View v New became a bit more of a stop start scrap at every possession while Joeys v Scots flowed back and forth with momentum.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Spot on TGOR. I guess that was the style New wanted to play but it backfired or wasn't executed well enough. View threw it at every opportunity and it paid off. Kept it away from the New forwards and made them run ( which they don't like ). Thought Joeys did blow it but credit to Scots for hanging in there. Doubt that would have been the case at SJC but the return match will be a cracker. Just think after watching View and New, they may struggle to go the length with Kings/Scots and Joeys.
IMO on the no.7 tackle. very close and lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.