• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys New a very interesting game. New's 10 and 15 were outstanding. Joeys toiled all day, but the intercept 5m out from scoring them selves was a 12 point turnaround that proved a bridge too far. New were out on their feet at the end and the Joeys side started to have all the running, but too many handling errors across the game bit. This included the second last play of the game. Very even Contest, New far better in the first half, Joeys came back in the second.

I think it will be a big effort for Joeys against view next week. Thats going to be hard as I live across from a view family.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Don’t know if I’d go down the better team lost route. Both very good teams and they showed it.

Kings took every opportunity offered including both of 12s tries (loose kick reception & intercept)

I would say View leave today thinking they can win that and how good is a 2 round comp to give these scenarios.

View BOG
7, 10
Kings BOG
9, 11, 12
No kings fully deserved their victory

Last edited:

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Don’t know if I’d go down the better team lost route. Both very good teams and they showed it.

Kings took every opportunity offered including both of 12s tries (loose kick reception & intercept)

I would say View leave today thinking they can win that and how good is a 2 round comp to give these scenarios.

View BOG
7, 10
Kings BOG
9, 11, 12
Agree to disagree!

but I think your best on ground is spot on, kings 9,11,12 were outstanding.

smith, lokeni and fakafunu were brilliant !

views 7 was great, there 10 was solid. View will look for their revenge against kings next time they play at lane cove.

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
kings today showed why depth is important.

kings have 9 injuries in there backline alone. The boys still went on to win in the 1st against the 2nd best side in the comp. All this talk of a poor ref ect is quite the joke to me. The ref was fair, kings were better on the day and finnaly shushed their doubters.

In the first 5 mins kings lost prop Nate Titi and had to place a year 10 boy into the game who had already played a full game in the 2nds. He was outstanding

kings 2nds and 4ths both played well getting good wins over view, kings 2nds backline was the 3rd xv backline basically 2 weeks ago, they were solid and so was there forwards and the 4ths backline seemed to play some free flowing footy but were lead by there foward pack.
From what I saw in todays 1st XV fixture Riverview were, like I said, very unlucky with a lot of calls. To my knowledge the referee who officiated todays game is a Shute Shield referee. There was a lot of controversy around the way in which he officiated the breakdown in that View were unlucky to be at the receiving end. There was also a disallowed try in the corner to the Riverview winger which appeared to be a try which could’ve been a game changer.
Kings played great rugby and deserved the win. Overall a great game though.

Last edited:

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
From what I saw in todays 1st XV fixture Riverview were, like I said, very unlucky with a lot of calls. To my knowledge the referee who officiated todays game is a Shute Shield referee. There was a lot of controversy around the way in which he officiated the breakdown in that View were unlucky to be at the receiving end. There was also a disallowed try in the corner to the Riverview winger which appeared to be a try which could’ve been a game changer.
Overall a great game though.
The referee you had today is a very experienced referee and has refereed at Super Rugby and test level.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)

great game indeed,

think it’s just time to give these kings boys some credit after all that has been said this week by certain individuals.

The winger did not score, didn’t even appear to look like he scored. The breakdown was officiated well. This ref has reffed at the highest level. difficult to say or Blame the ref by any means.

pocockenthusiast1973

Allen Oxlade (6)
Classic

Why can’t we accept Kings was the better side. The referee was fine. Stop blaming the refs for your schools losses!!!

rockstar

Allen Oxlade (6)

Puh lease

The referee was fine

TKS won fair and square

To a man the View team shook hands at the end of the game and accepted the loss gracefully

Pity others cannot follow their example

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
No try ! Both knees clearly out and the ball not grounded yet
Great work refs

Attachments

• 0279BE5B-6BD9-47DA-BAAB-B0518E63D817.jpeg
    0279BE5B-6BD9-47DA-BAAB-B0518E63D817.jpeg
    684 KB · Views: 374

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Joeys New a very interesting game. New's 10 and 15 were outstanding. Joeys toiled all day, but the intercept 5m out from scoring them selves was a 12 point turnaround that proved a bridge too far. New were out on their feet at the end and the Joeys side started to have all the running, but too many handling errors across the game bit. This included the second last play of the game. Very even Contest, New far better in the first half, Joeys came back in the second.

I think it will be a big effort for Joeys against view next week. Thats going to be hard as I live across from a view family.
Fair summary although I would say it was the New 10, 12 that set them apart. Joeys will rue the missed chances. I had a flash back to Scots 87 on the intercept try…. The horror.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)

Congratulations & Well done to the boys from Stanmore.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Fair summary although I would say it was the New 10, 12 that set them apart. Joeys will rue the missed chances. I had a flash back to Scots 87 on the intercept try…. The horror.
New 14 definitely deserves a mention. Excellent on attack and defense. Really happy to see Humphries gain confidence and spark up multiple attacks. Talis McEwen first game in the 15 jersey and playing at Joeys is an extremely difficult task, but he handled the pressure very well. Newington have got a lot of talent, and were deserved winners imo

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Puh lease

The referee was fine

TKS won fair and square

To a man the View team shook hands at the end of the game and accepted the loss gracefully

Pity others cannot follow their example
I believe Riverview did accept defeat and should be credited for the way they in which they were able to do this ever so gracefully, as you mentioned.
As a mutual GPS rugby fan what I stated above is just what I observed from the hill at Parramatta. There’s no doubt that the referee today is very highly regarded and very great at what he does. In general, I am just saying that at times throughout the game I thought that there were 50/50 calls at the breakdown that could’ve gone either teams way - where the ruck turned ‘messy’ at times, as it does and as it can. I just thought that Riverview might not have received as many as these 50/50 calls as they would have liked to. As a referee myself, this is just what I observed.

The Kings School won and did so by playing really great football and were able to show their strengths. Kings have proven why they are premiership favourites today.

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
Kings late lineup

1. Nick ashdown
2. Baiely Park (vice captain)
3. Nate titi
4. Edwin langi
5. Hamish barber
6. Peter m
7. Austin dubriage
8. Fraser wait (captain)
9. Lachlan smith
10. Sam McLachlan
11. Tyrese Lokeni
12. Boston fakafunu (vice captain)
13. Tom watts
14. Hadely tonga
15. Luke maroun
19. issac fonua

(Edwin langi played majority of the game at prop due to Nate being injured in first 4 mins.)

(issac fonua played majority of the game at second row, due to Nate titi being injured in the first 4 mins pushing Edwin to prop.)

Special mention to Issac - imo he needs to be in the ‘team of the week’ he was outstanding. Playing a full game in the 2nds prior then playing almost another full game in the 1s is a big ask for a year 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.