• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
Well there you have it..... I have been awarded a trophy for my 3000th post named after the great Jim Lenehan (Riverview 1956)

He was a schoolboy hurdler of some note at the GPS athletics level. In the 1956 GPS athletics competition, he won the open shot put with 57 feet, 21 inches, and the open 120 yards hurdles in 14.5 seconds. Riverview legend has it that the shot put hit the picket fence some way up and so the record could only be measured to the fence. His shot put record stood until 1999 and his hurdles unbeaten until 2009.

View attachment 16351
Congratulations Joker! Lenehans are well known Narrandera family, as you would know. Jim was an old mate of my old man's (same vintage at View) and many others, of course. Jim "Golden Boots" Lenehan was a Wallaby in the late 50's. He passed last year. Too late to ask my old man about the shot put record too, buggar!

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
Morning All,

Congratulations to the boys who made the "Team of The Week" for round 4

View attachment 16342

Special mentions to these boys who nearly made the team>

Scots, 12
New, 5, 10
Shore, 7, 15
Kings 12, 13
View 1, 10, 13

Well done to all the boys who made the round 4 Team of the Week.

The Import.
GREAT WORK to all the boys who made the TOTW. I do think that at least 1 shore player should be in it. If i had to pick one, I'd definitely put Charlie Bowditch at 10. His ability to make line breaks when nothing is on is impeccable and his speed to the rucks is just remarkable.

Surprised to not see him on this list.

Regards,
The Maulester

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
Morning All,

Congratulations to the boys who made the "Team of The Week" for round 4

View attachment 16342

Special mentions to these boys who nearly made the team>

Scots, 12
New, 5, 10
Shore, 7, 15
Kings 12, 13
View 1, 10, 13

Well done to all the boys who made the round 4 Team of the Week.

The Import.
Hey @Schoolboy Import
what is the process you go through to make these teams.
Are they bias for a team who wins?
Cheers
SSP

Taralga

Stan Wickham (3)
Courtesy of the kid next door.

2nds - Kings 21 Scots 7
16A - not posted
16B - Scots 10 Kings Nil
15A - Kings 14 - Scots 7
15B - Scots played TAS A's (Scots lost 42-0)
14A - Kings 19 - Scots 7
14B - Kings 24 - Scots 7
13A - Scots 15 - Kings 12
13B - Scots 30 - Kings Nil
16As - Kings 21 - Scots 19

Thetynesideknight

Frank Row (1)
With utmost respect I truly believe that in 2023 the CAS forward pack will prevail against a less dominant GPS forward pack.
as they say "FORWARDS WIN GAMES, and backs decide by how much"

Norman Burns.
Norman, I think the mighty piggys will prevail from the GPS just like most years!

TTK

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Congratulations Joker! Lenehans are well known Narrandera family, as you would know. Jim was an old mate of my old man's (same vintage at View) and many others, of course. Jim "Golden Boots" Lenehan was a Wallaby in the late 50's. He passed last year. Too late to ask my old man about the shot put record too, buggar!
I have a good friend who knew him as well. He is from Wagga and that town either sent their catholic boys to Xavier in Melbourne (closer) or Riverview in Sydney. There were at that time few boys heading to Joeys. In past 50 years though Wagga has become Joeys country but still a few boys end up at View.

Last edited:

Anisto10

Frank Row (1)
GREAT WORK to all the boys who made the TOTW. I do think that at least 1 shore player should be in it. If i had to pick one, I'd definitely put Charlie Bowditch at 10. His ability to make line breaks when nothing is on is impeccable and his speed to the rucks is just remarkable.

Surprised to not see him on this list.

Regards,
The Maulester
Charlie plays well, but tough to standout in that game Sat and id argue well and truly out played by New 10 who again controlled the play well. You'd have to had a pretty special game to make the team on the end of that hiding.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Courtesy of the kid next door.

2nds - Kings 21 Scots 7
16A - not posted
16B - Scots 10 Kings Nil
15A - Kings 14 - Scots 7
15B - Scots played TAS A's (Scots lost 42-0)
14A - Kings 19 - Scots 7
14B - Kings 24 - Scots 7
13A - Scots 15 - Kings 12
13B - Scots 30 - Kings Nil

Thank you
We are now close.

Please Newington/Shore fans help us out!

Rd 4 Results - interim#2.jpg

The Grail

Ted Fahey (11)
I have a good friend who knew him as well. he was from Wagga and that town either sent their catholic boys to Xavier in Melbourne (closer) or Riverview in Sydney. There were at that time few boys heading to Joeys. In past 50 years though Wagga has become Joeys country but still a few boys end up at View.
Interesting, yep there are still a lot of boys from Wagga heading to Riverview as well. Jim's grandsons were there with our boys and I know one son was a year below me at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.