• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Lachy Smith flat out robbed for me, arguably the halfback that came out better between Kings and Joeys and hasn’t had a bad game.
macho-man.gif

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
joker, this is me saying the facts which is the kings 9 played far better then the joeys 9 that day.

however the joeys 9 has been for the last 2 years the best 9 in the comp. This year it is difficult due to large amount of injuries. And he had deserved his spot as Gps 1s 9.
No issue with me Beers. Spoke to a selector today from TAS, It is the consistency shown by the Joeys 9 that plays a big part. He reads the game very well.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I can feel the slide to shit slinging starting.

Every player that missed out would be disappointed. Happens every year and will happen next year. We all see things differently and also watch with a natural bias at times. If you follow one school in particular you will watch far more of certain boys and form strong opinions. We also hold other to higher standards IMO due to prior experience and name recognition. Then, when a player pops up and surprises us we scream they are the best to do it.

There will be boys from Blue & White make higher honours. More GPS teams now then there use to be so these players get more chances which is a good thing.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just seen GPS teams. I’m a Newington Old Boy with some family members at King’s so a few observations:

1. King’s who are leading the Comp and may go undefeated have 5 boys in GPS 1s and Newington who have only won 2 games has 4 boys selected.
2. The Captain of King’s was not selected anywhere.
3. The King’s 14 wasn’t selected last year or this year but will still be part of two premiership teams.
4. Luca Cleverly was selected in GPS 1s but his older brother Matteo who is the Captain of Newington rugby was ‘only’ selected in GPS 2s.

Last edited:

Derek Hall

Frank Row (1)
Joeys 9 has been great this season and very well deserves a spot in GPS 1st, but Lachy Smith deserves a spot in the GPS 2nds at least and is a solid contender for the GPS 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.