• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
Completely correct. This has been a long standing issue at Newington (last year for example had an amazing back line on paper and so did 2021). Unsure why the coaching staff haven’t picked up on it.
The DOR needs to be made accountable. The 2023 performance and results for all the A teams from 13’s to 1st XV says a lot about the rugby program at Newington.

kentwellcupchamp87

Stan Wickham (3)
TIPS TURN AROUND.
Get them in quick.
View attachment 16493

I have put the AAGPS teams first, even though they are playing at a CAS school.
If you do not get them in, then the second team becomes your pick. (see below)

There are four games being played.

Fixtures at Knox Grammar School

TUESDAY 20 JUNE

3.15pm GPS White v Country Juniors
4.30pm GPS Blue v Sydney Juniors
5.45pm GPS 2nd XV v CAS 2
7.00pm GPS 1st XV v CAS 1

I will be making score updates from across all games.

View attachment 16492
GPS 1st +25
GPS 2nd +18
GPS Blue +15
GPS White +10

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
Cool quirk but I gotta say that’s pretty bizarre. Can’t imagine it went down well in QLD or ACT (sorry rest of Aus but that era had a different style of nationals) that no Halfback would have been more deserving.
Can make Australian schoolboys but can’t make joeys 1xv pffft what. A joke

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)

with Kings now (almost) a lay-down misere for the chocolates, interest turns to the race for the Silver Medal in the 1sts comp.

Joeys will back themselves to win all 4 remaining games (vE(h), vN(a), vI(h), vK(a)) and will be hoping Riverview drop 2 games (vK and vJ the likely contenders) and points F/A come into play. Also Scots need to drop 1 game out of I, E, K and N.

Realistically any one of Riverview, Scots, Joeys and Newington could finish in 2nd spot - sadly I think Shore will find it a hill too far.

shoresportsphotgrapher

Peter Burge (5)
with Kings now (almost) a lay-down misere for the chocolates, interest turns to the race for the Silver Medal in the 1sts comp.

Joeys will back themselves to win all 4 remaining games (vE(h), vN(a), vI(h), vK(a)) and will be hoping Riverview drop 2 games (vK and vJ the likely contenders) and points F/A come into play. Also Scots need to drop 1 game out of I, E, K and N.

Realistically any one of Riverview, Scots, Joeys and Newington could finish in 2nd spot - sadly I think Shore will find it a hill too far.
@Ace Ventura any 4 of the schools could produce a 4 from 4 winning streak and shore could repeat what they did last year, so do not count anyone out

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

Think you're right about Kings. Only chance I'd say would be Joint Premiership but any team would require other results to go their way also.

I like you've have a crack at the predictions but I honestly cant pick it. You can look at it from any one of the other Schools point of views and they will back themselves.

Joeys are looking much improved. Very good set piece and just need to settle the backline. Major flaw for me is the backline defence. Scots went through a few times too many and just couldn't finish it off. This is the area of the game both Newington and View like to play so it will be an interesting match up.

Never game to write Shore off. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go 2/2. Well drilled team that will frustrate someone into a loss. Every chance they get randomly blown out in another when a team can just get into their rhythm.

Scots are a bit disappointing this year. Just not clicking. I'm over hearing about injuries, everyone has them every year. Have looked better since the move at 15.

Newington....who knows. They have their own demons to fight and if they do they have a team that can challenge/beat anyone. Coaches need to have a look at themselves at Stanmore IMO. It's not just the 1sts looking lost. It's the program.

View just keep on keeping on. Loss to Shore hurts as it took their season out of their own control. Definitely much improved on last season and play like a team whilst having a few standouts. If they finished off the year 4/4 they should be proud. Joeys away will be a huge test and I'm sure they are keen for a shot at Kings at home.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPS TURN AROUND.
Get them in quick.
1687046029071.png

TUESDAY 20 JUNE

throughthehands

Bob McCowan (2)
TIPS TURN AROUND.
Get them in quick.
1687046029071.png

TUESDAY 20 JUNE

GPS 1st XV by 21
GPS 2nd XV by 34
GPS Blue by 18
GPS White by 21

Status
Not open for further replies.