• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Ok. The stats team at AAGPS central has done some incredible crunching. So for your mind bending pleasure I give you the great…….what if!!!!

The remaining 4 rounds, the following are possible outcomes for the premiership:
  • Kings & Joeys joint premiers if:
    • Kings lose all 4 (v N, I, S, J) = 12 points
    • Joeys win all 4 (v E, N, I, K) = 12 points
    • View lose 3 (S, J & E) & win 1 (K) = 10 points
    • Scots win 2 (I & K) & lose 2 (E & N) = 9 points

• Shore win 3 (S, N & I) & lose 1 (J) = 9 points
    • Newington win 2 (K & S) & lose 2 (J & E) = 8points
alternatively:
  • Kings, View and Joeys 3-way premiership if:
    • Joeys win all 4 (E, N, I, K) = 12 points
    • View win 2 (K & E) & lose 2 (S & J) = 12 points
    • Newington win 2 (K & S) and lose 2 (J & E) = 8 points
    • Shore win 2 (S & N) and lose 2 (J & I) = 7 points
Probabilities are a bit low for either outcome, but a bookie would have a field day.

Geez Louise Joker!! That's what I call clutching at straws!! :)

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Ok. The stats team at AAGPS central has done some incredible crunching. So for your mind bending pleasure I give you the great…….what if!!!!

The remaining 4 rounds, the following are possible outcomes for the premiership:

alternatively:
Probabilities are a bit low for either outcome, but a bookie would have a field day.
Can you do one for me on the Wests Tigers Joker. Might be a few less permutations than the joint premiership one

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
What's the selection pathway for these City / Country teams at U18 level.

Ie. Does it include/ exclude the Gen Blue/ Tahs squad,
And any Boys doubling up from Sat GPS/CAS etc games.
I can confirm that it does not exclude Gen Blue players or schoolboys. The kicker is you have to be playing in an SJRU team which is club rugby. Most GPS schools don’t allow this for their higher graded boys

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)

alternatively:
Have you been on the wacky weed again Joker???
FYI - There are also several options where Joeys end up bottom of the table as they were just a few weeks ago......
Those rose tinted specs suit you though Joker.......keeping the dream alive!!
An outright win still achievable for Scots I note......

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Plenty doing good things in 1sts Colts. We’ll get a good look over the next couple weeks as some like Barrett and Leahy get back from the U20s WC.

Cailol from View with Fowler in Unis 1sts and plenty more around.

I think a lot handle the jump fine. The speed of the game isn’t different it can just be the size of the player is bigger just through growth of young men. Their first tests come in 1st and 2nd grade when the collisions are suddenly with fully grown men.
Max Jorgensen has done OK as well

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Have you been on the wacky weed again Joker???
FYI - There are also several options where Joeys end up bottom of the table as they were just a few weeks ago...
Those rose tinted specs suit you though Joker...keeping the dream alive!!
An outright win still achievable for Scots I note...
Joker's specs are cerise tinted, not rose.

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
PREVIEW: Joeys vs Shore

Joeys enter the round 7 home clash against Shore with a full strength team for the first time this season. Oscar Jorgensen returns from the serious ankle injury he suffered back in round 1, with the talented utility back expected to provide much needed ballast and go-forward. He is paired in the centres with the excellent Patrick Broe to give Joeys a powerful centre combination that supporters will be excited to see in action.

In other positive news, Eamon Doyle plays his first match this season following a four month recovery from surgery to repair a knee injury that has disrupted his past two 1st XV seasons. Coming back in the No. 6 jersey, the coaching staff highly rate the all-round game of 196cm backrower whose return is a real bonus in what has been a frustrating season so far at Hunters Hill.

Shore, coming off a narrow loss to Kings in their last GPS outing, will rely on a dogged and disciplined forward outfit led by second row Mcreery and flanker LeMaitre, whose battle with Pat Young will be a beauty. Shore halfback Orpin will look for opportunistic snipes around the fringes, and the outside backs have touch of class out wide via GenBlue fullback Tom Klem.

Joeys will clearly be coming through the front door with their strongest forward eight available and a centre combination built to bend the line. This should give their talismanic leader Hwi Sharples more front foot ball than he has had to work with so far this season to weave his magic. Shore will definitely stand their ground and find a way to stay in the fight, meaning another entertaining clash awaits

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
3rd XV Round 4 – 22 July
Round 3 proved to be an exciting round of rugby that consolidated positions for the leading teams before the holiday break. Grammar and Scots remained undefeated while Kings and Riverview maintained their positions one loss back. They are certainly close enough if good enough to retain the shield.

Scots 3rd XV v Riverview 3rd XV
Definitely match of the round for mine, as the undefeated Scots team host third placed Riverview at Bellevue Hill. The trial match earlier this year was a 17-15 win to Riverview at home, so this crucial comp game is certain to be as close. A win to Scots keeps them on target for the premiership while Riverview desperately need a win to stay in touch. I was impressed by the way Scots played at Hunters Hill last round and I think they can win this game at home to remain undefeated.
Scots by 2.

Grammar 1st XV v Shore 3rd XV
Grammar return home to Weigall for this Round 4 clash against Shore, who lost their last game against Kings. Grammar are coming off a confident display against TAS and will enjoy the home match in front of the enthusiastic local crowd. I do think that Shore have been a bit unlucky so far this season and I expect them to put up a good show against Grammar, but I am predicting the home team here by a small margin to continue their unbeaten run.
Grammar by 5.

Kings 3rd XV v TAS 1st XV
After a hard fought win over Shore at Northbridge, Kings host the travelling TAS side at Gowan Brae. TAS has only a single victory so far over High and will likely struggle against a very efficient Kings side. Kings are showing that they remain premiership contenders, and they will be hard to stop on JS White Oval.
Kings by 10.

High 1st XV v Joeys 3rd XV
Joeys have had two losses already and while they are still mathematically a remote possibility to share the premiership, I think it’s highly unlikely. Still with 4 rounds to go, they need to win this match against High and then keep winning against TAS, Riverview and Kings. High are coming off a loss to Riverview at Centennial Park and will find this challenge much the same. They always put up a good performance at home, but expect Joeys to take the points.
Joeys by 10

Regards
INP
Outstanding preview from a great bloke
Always anticipate your considerable contemplations regarding the 3rds. See you for a pie or three this Saturday.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
No my darling. It’s called clutching at pearls. This is a private school forum and we don’t deal with the great unwashed euphemisms here.
Oh yes. While speaking of pearls I look forward to the parking police having a field day this Saturday at Joeys booking the stampede of Mosman tractors who will park in driveways, on the nature strip. Take it from an old hand, look at the rusty mini near the Park gates. No tickets. Why? Blessed are the poor as they shall inherit the parking spaces. God don’t drive Range Rovers.

Joeys tractor v Shore tractor

1689895536331.png
1689895665236.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.