• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
Very entertaining game at northbridge. Very poor reffing which ended up giving scot’s the game. Guilfoyle tackle at the start of the game should’ve been a red. intentionally picked up and dropped shore player on their head. there was also a few forward passes on both sides not called by the ref. I think shore losing there 13 and 14 in the first half is what let them down. Shores outside backs defence was terrible for the rest of the game and jacques undoubtedly player of the match making several line breaks leading to tries. Shore 9 Hugo Orpin had a blaster of a game as always and was Shores best. The battle of the 15s Klem and Jacques was a good one. Outstanding game to watch well done to both teams and good to see scots winning again.
Cheers Boys

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
What an incredible come back from Scots at shore, intense atmosphere the whole game and brilliance from the scot's back got them the win. Onitoni Large scored the game winning try in the end bringing the game from 19-19 to 24-19. One of the best games i've ever watched.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Very entertaining game at northbridge. Very poor reffing which ended up giving scot’s the game. Guilfoyle tackle at the start of the game should’ve been a red. intentionally picked up and dropped shore player on their head. there was also a few forward passes on both sides not called by the ref. I think shore losing there 13 and 14 in the first half is what let them down. Shores outside backs defence was terrible for the rest of the game and jacques undoubtedly player of the match making several line breaks leading to tries. Shore 9 Hugo Orpin had a blaster of a game as always and was Shores best. The battle of the 15s Klem and Jacques was a good one. Outstanding game to watch well done to both teams and good to see scots winning again.
Cheers Boys
I think the referee did a fine job, shore were awarded some calls and Scots were awarded some. For scots it was line break city all game and we finally started finishing them in the clutch time.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Plenty of spite and cheap shots here today. An ugly moment was when a New boy chased a Joeys player into the Joeys supporters throwing punches. What he did not think of was the small year 7 kids he skittled. A very ugly look. Both 1st and 2nds were marred by cheap shots and high tackles.

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
just cant help but to recall this very same situation with Sydney Boys High in the 70's. nothing but the referees let them down in that game. Blatant ignoring of tries. How the glory days have faded for my great school. If they let the SBHS 1sts play in the 1sts comp today, they would undoubtedly dominate.
Agreed.. I believe imo view were the better side .. played the game the right way

Rugbynbeers

Bill Watson (15)
kings win there 3rd premiership in last 5 seasons with a dominant second half.

kings were told there to unfit, they need to put points on early to have any chance. They were the underdogs today

The number 9 got a broken hand in first 5 minutes and the number 7 looked to have a broken shoulder, they were down 10-3 in the first half, there winger was yellow carded (and racially abused by the view old boys) but through all that, still they won !

No excuses, just winning

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
An ugly moment was when a New boy chased a Joeys player into the Joeys supporters throwing punches.
Was this during the 1sts or 2nds game? Also an ugly day at northbridge and a very busy day for the medics from what I watched in the 16s and opens, saw some boys from the 16As and Bs, 2 returned for the 1sts in casts and slings and one on crutches. And of course 13 and 14 going down for Shore 1sts, obviously a disappointing loss for the Shore 1sts but the outside backs subs played pretty much 2 full games of 1sts and 2nds footy, never an easy task.
Collector

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
I think the referee did a fine job, shore were awarded some calls and Scots were awarded some. For scots it was line break city all game and we finally started finishing them in the clutch time.
I agree, ref had decent game. Shore never gave up and made the most of their chances. But far out Scots bombed, knocked on or turned over the ball at least 12 times. If could of been a blowout and the gold and blue only kicked into gear with 10mins to go

Status
Not open for further replies.