• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys just played dumb footy. 19-7 up and then aimlessly kick the back to view who probably has the best 10 in the comp. Playing kicking wars with a better kicking side only ever goes one way.

View had a field day in the second half, the turning point was the try to view just on half time.

When joeys held the ball and ran straight and hard and not try double cuts and the like they looked like they would win. When they started the kicking it changed very quickly.

Same thing happened in 2nds with joeys nearly giving up their lead.

Well done view, pains me to say it but you were better today.

Spot on, last few weeks Joeys centres kept powering over the advantage line (often after initial contact) setting up a good platform for multiple phases. Today Views centres stopped that very well. Then every time Joeys did get a few phases together we kicked it away, going for the miracle play. This seemed to force Joeys to go wide too early without earning the right to first. Joeys teams normally live and thrive on its superior fitness, but the lack of phases play meant a stop-start game.

Riverview we’re far more patient in attack with Dillon well in control, often off set plays they used grubber kicks behind the Joeys defensive line. This neutralised Jorgensen’s aggressive defence. Kicks that they’d get the ball back or make the tackle deep in Joeys half - and most of the second half was in Joeys half. All in all a decent game and Riverview well deserved.

Rather than keyboard warrior attack an 18 year old that clearly was playing though injury the whole game (because he doesn’t shake hands) focus on the rugby and a good win.
and

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Joeys just played dumb footy. 19-7 up and then aimlessly kick the back to view who probably has the best 10 in the comp. Playing kicking wars with a better kicking side only ever goes one way.

View had a field day in the second half, the turning point was the try to view just on half time.

When joeys held the ball and ran straight and hard and not try double cuts and the like they looked like they would win. When they started the kicking it changed very quickly.

and
Where's the Beef, you are exactly right.

Great games of rugby today at Hunters Hill. In the 1sts, the Riverview 10 was indeed the difference - controlling play, initiating counter-attacks and giving his outside backs many options.

Well done to Riverview - they deserved the win and in the end they just played better rugby.

On a footnote I had a great chat to Joker today about all things rugby and that was a highlight for me.

Regards
INP.

Ella Magic

Frank Row (1)
What happened at Northbridge?
It was try for try then Shore 19-7 and then New replied for Shore to lead 19-14 at HT.

A game that swayed and see-sawed and was genuinely beaut to watch.

2 contrasting styles
Shore played at speed with accuracy led well by 1,7,9 and 10
New some strong big ball runners in the pigs and a talented 10

Shore broke free on the back of a penalty try with the 10 but when New replied back 19-26.

Shore then put on 2 cracking tries and a 3 pointer to break out to 43-19 only for New to get a few consolation tries at the end.

Quality game of Rugby. How good is GPS Rugby?! Simply the best !!

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Where's the Beef, you are exactly right.

Great games of rugby today at Hunters Hill. In the 1sts, the Riverview 10 was indeed the difference - controlling play, initiating counter-attacks and giving his outside backs many options.

Well done to Riverview - they deserved the win and in the end they just played better rugby.

On a footnote I had a great chat to Joker today about all things rugby and that was a highlight for me.

Regards
INP.
I had 5 'the works with my son who is in year 9. Dad won that 3-2. Needed it after 88 reunion last night. Have not hunted Joker down yet. I have my seat near the year7 and year 9 boys within the enemy camp. I can tell you they were very concerned till the try on half time.

The "glory days"

Bob McCowan (2)
It’s the same referee
Yeah and and he likes blowing too much and inconsistently. eg. View scored off a grubber kick was given NO TRY, (go rewatch it for the cerise and blue fans), Joeys then don't go near grounding the ball, but gives it a TRY. 50/50s like this can change games which is clearly reviewed by NSW referees. The controversial Shore vs View ref hasn't been given another 1sts game to ref, demoted to the 2nds + 3rds and, the sidelines if he's lucky. Gotta feel for the young buck out there today, his review might get the best of him. #suspect

Dustyy

Peter Burge (5)
It’s a shame that View couldn’t get the win last week. Scots were clearly the better team today and were very unlucky not to win. A few poor choices cost them and showed that the Kings is not the invisible almighy

stand out for Scot’s was the 15 - had a great game. Well done

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
It’s a shame that View couldn’t get the win last week. Scots were clearly the better team today and were very unlucky not to win. A few poor choices cost them and showed that the Kings is not the invisible almighy

stand out for Scot’s was the 15 - had a great game. Well done
Agreed at least we got a little justice today

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)

and
Shame Joey Fowler left school so young, Fowler be Australian Schools/U18 No.10 this year too

Blood Sweat and Beers

Stan Wickham (3)
Wow what a game it was out at Hunters Hill this afternoon, Two full strength teams both with workhorse packs and dazzling outside backs.
For me, as has been said, the game was decided by the scintillating combinations between 9,10,12,13,15 of View, who I believe have all played together since 2016, the last time View beat the old foe from across the river. It was an incredible, fair battle between the two teams with only a moment before kickoff from the Joeys 7 dampening the day.

For me, outside of Grover and Dillon who were absolutely incredible again, credit has to go to H.Curl (9) who outplayed his opposite man with calmness and elegance, on the back of some great defense and counter attack form W.Hayes (12), the incredible workload of L.Sullivan (8) and silkiness of N.Newton who was 5/5 from the tee (May as well shout out the whole team at this point). Joeys toiled away hard with some great moments of brilliance from a number of players who will be returning next year( this Justice kid is going to be something special), but in the end, Matty's same old tricks and chants got the viewboys home. A full circle for a number of year12s who witnessed the win in 2016 as there first ever clash, and saw their team bring it home to make in 2/2 vs Joeys in 2023.

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Wow what a game it was out at Hunters Hill this afternoon, Two full strength teams both with workhorse packs and dazzling outside backs.
For me, as has been said, the game was decided by the scintillating combinations between 9,10,12,13,15 of View, who I believe have all played together since 2016, the last time View beat the old foe from across the river. It was an incredible, fair battle between the two teams with only a moment before kickoff from the Joeys 7 dampening the day.

For me, outside of Grover and Dillon who were absolutely incredible again, credit has to go to H.Curl (9) who outplayed his opposite man with calmness and elegance, on the back of some great defense and counter attack form W.Hayes (12), the incredible workload of L.Sullivan (8) and silkiness of N.Newton who was 5/5 from the tee (May as well shout out the whole team at this point). Joeys toiled away hard with some great moments of brilliance from a number of players who will be returning next year( this Justice kid is going to be something special), but in the end, Matty's same old tricks and chants got the viewboys home. A full circle for a number of year12s who witnessed the win in 2016 as their first ever clash, and saw their team bring it home to make in 2/2 vs Joeys in 2023.
Good match report. Re Justice, I know two NRL clubs already keep tabs on Justice, hopefully he stays in rugby. Definite future Wallaby potential. That individual try from 25 meters out running through 4 defenders was special.

Where's the beef

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lets just be clear here, There was 2 points in it with 5 to go. Joeys had won a penalty and missed the touch off the kick, While the try just before half time turned the tide, Missing touch clinched the deal. View Scored after that. Joeys gifted view many opportunities through their flawed kicking. View off that took full advantage and clearly were more inventive incisive and deserved the win. If Joeys stayed the course that got them the lead, who knows.

Last year, View got away to a massive lead and Joeys strangled view in the second half by holding the ball at all costs and denying view possession. They needed to do the same today.

All credit to view, Joeys offered up the chocolates and view said thanks very much I will take them all. And, they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.