• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
As the seasons coming to a close what are everyones top moments?

Couple ones that would have to be up there would be,
- W.Hayes run away try vs Joeys and Liechart
- O.Large full field try to Win on the final play vs Shore
- H.Grovers (Yes H.Grover not L.Grover) Linebreak round 1 vs Scots

Oh and every time Joe Dillon touches the ball.
Infront of thousands, Zac Fittler's 80m run up the ground to step the fullback and out run the defenders to score under the upright to level the scores against Joeys @ Scots.

Bob Peters

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ok, a bit of news coming out of Joeys for this week as they head into the final game away at Kings.

Hwi Sharples has a serious ankle injury and is now out for an extended period. A huge blow for Joeys. He will be racing the clock to be fit for the NSW v QLD return u18 matches on September 19. Sharples’ fellow NSW u18 squad member Joe Mangelsdorf is also in doubt this week with knee and wrist injuries.

On the upside, with the Waratahs u18 squads being re-selected and announced in the coming week, the school has already been notified that the trio of Oscar Jorgensen, Charlie O’Kane and Eamon Doyle have been called-up to the wider squad.

Doyle has also been placed in the Waratahs Senior Academy from November onwards. Not bad on the back of playing only a few games this season since coming back from injury, although pretty obvious to see why they would be keen to take him in and keep other franchises (or codes) away.

CasualObserver

Bob McCowan (2)
Rumours going around that a 13a's player at king's will be trialing and very likely to attain a position in the 1st and 2nds next season
Are you referring to rugby or tennis? I think someone is having a lend of you. Why is he trialling 12 months in advance? What team is he playing in on Saturday?

Given Kings supposedly have a kid good enough to be in the 2nds, it begs the question of what is going on in the 13As as they aren't shooting the lights out.

Last edited:

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Best GPS games of all time, anyone?

A few mentions of mine:

Scots Shore Rnd 5 last year, with Damion Pinn’s 40m drop goal to win the game.

Joeys View 2018 Rnd 5. Dom Easy goes over in the 68th, Joeys score of kickoff/last play. Victory, Tears and Drama (even after the final whistle).
1994 Sydney High Playing Joeys for the premiership (For younger crew yes you read that correct) and High leading for most of the match lose to Joeys late in the game). Also, Scots beating Kings on the bell I reckon year was 2018 at the Death Star to score a try in the corner and whole school invades the pitch! I think Terrell Ko Ko scored for memory.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rumours going around that a 13a's player at king's will be trialing and very likely to attain a position in the 1st and 2nds next season
Thats nuts. I watched the Kings 13A last week and physically there is no boy that could play open's next season let alone 16 age group. The schools also have a duty of care to attend to.

As the seasons coming to a close what are everyones top moments?

Couple ones that would have to be up there would be,
- W.Hayes run away try vs Joeys and Liechart
- O.Large full field try to Win on the final play vs Shore
- H.Grovers (Yes H.Grover not L.Grover) Linebreak round 1 vs Scots

Oh and every time Joe Dillon touches the ball.
Boston Fakafonua tip to Tom Watts for the try off the high ball to seal the premiership for King's

TheRugbysmoker185

Allen Oxlade (6)
Best game ever got to go riverview vs joeys 2018(joeys score off the bell to win the prem. I was there to witness as a Joeys old boy and oh i felt the thrill of that game, wish i was playing 1st xv again

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
View v New Rd 1. Trailing 14-12 with 2 minutes to go. 16 phases and in for the try. This gave the View boys the confidence that they could compete and beat the top sides and started what has turned to be a very good season.
The View v Joeys game at the Swamp when Joeys won on the bell.
New v Scots last year when New won on the bell

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
Can't go past 2018, First Joeys had the 'Miracle at Bellevue Hill' when Liam Scolari kicked (sliced, hacked?) the ball downfield for Vinnie Creagh to wait for the bounce and score on the bell to beat the Scots All-Stars of 2018. No one thought that finish could ever be topped ...... well, it only took 7 days until the 'Miracle at the Swamp' happened - after dark - after goalposts getting blown over - after 'View already scored in the last minute to seemingly steal the win - etc etc. People seemed to forget those two 'miracles' ended a rare 10 year drought for Joeys not winning or sharing a Premiership. Heady days of 2018 indeed ...

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Best GPS games of all time, anyone?

A few mentions of mine:

Scots Shore Rnd 5 last year, with Damion Pinn’s 40m drop goal to win the game.

Joeys View 2018 Rnd 5. Dom Easy goes over in the 68th, Joeys score of kickoff/last play. Victory, Tears and Drama (even after the final whistle).
Scots v Kings 2018
Shore v Scots 2022
Joeys v Riverview 2018

Must be the best 3 that I can remember, probably a few better further back

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anyone know when the Australian Under 18 & Schoolboys squad gets selected? and assuming there might be a game V the Junior AB?

Status
Not open for further replies.