• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think you would find that as well as Grammar 1’s did in 3rd
Grade this year they would be obliterated playing in the 1’s comp. They have some good players but you can’t make up for years of only challenging yourself against lower grade teams.
Yeah look it’s been great to see them in 3rds do so well and there are a couple of good players in that side that I think are 1st XV standard at other schools. Having said that they would be beaten by at least 50 by the worst 1st XV.

Unless they can get a to a point of fielding full A, B teams in each age group at a minimum this is as good as they’ll be. You just need at least 45-60 boys in Opens to have 5-6 that make you a competitive team.

sofooty2110

Bob McCowan (2)
Huge game for Scots 3rds against Grammar 1sts. Prem decider. Hoping it will be an intense match with both sides playing to their strengths. You can see how great Scots 3rds can be when they are on point, Grammar need to match them.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah look it’s been great to see them in 3rds do so well and there are a couple of good players in that side that I think are 1st XV standard at other schools. Having said that they would be beaten by at least 50 by the worst 1st XV.

Unless they can get a to a point of fielding full A, B teams in each age group at a minimum this is as good as they’ll be. You just need at least 45-60 boys in Opens to have 5-6 that make you a competitive team.
What would be the most effective way to get Grammar back into the 1st's comp? Play them in the 13A's and give experience of high-level Rugby before playing in the First XV?

twoandahalfback

Bob McCowan (2)
What would be the most effective way to get Grammar back into the 1st's comp? Play them in the 13A's and give experience of high-level Rugby before playing in the First XV?
Talk to the school about getting proper numbers in the age groups, as well as increased training program. I can't see them competing at an opens level unless they seriously improve their depth and training. It's my understanding that for the last few years (except 2022-23) they have only been able to make 2 opens teams. People have said on here countless times that it is a small but passionate club. There is talent there but it seems that sport is an afterthought for the school at the moment so I think it has to come from them to see any real change

Blood Sweat and Beers

Stan Wickham (3)
Really excited to see a number of lads play there last games for their respective colleges,
What a season it has been, full credit to the cows from Parramatta, deserved the prem, hope the 10 round comp is here to stay for a while.
My end of season awards are:

- Most Valuable Player: Could go either way with Boston (Kings 12) but for me gotta be J.Dillon (View 10) without him view wouldn't be as good,

- Defensive player of the Year: Austin Durbridge (Kings 7) terrific on the pilfar, and a huge workload.

- Most Improved Player: H.Grover, huge transition from hooker to prop, proven to be a great change for his Rugby future.

- Most Surprising Player: gotta give this to both second rowers from joeys, have been incredibly consistent in a up and down side, with great set piece week in week out.

Lots of hard decisions, thoughts?

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
Really excited to see a number of lads play there last games for their respective colleges,
What a season it has been, full credit to the cows from Parramatta, deserved the prem, hope the 10 round comp is here to stay for a while.
My end of season awards are:

- Most Valuable Player: Could go either way with Boston (Kings 12) but for me gotta be J.Dillon (View 10) without him view wouldn't be as good,

- Defensive player of the Year: Austin Durbridge (Kings 7) terrific on the pilfar, and a huge workload.

- Most Improved Player: H.Grover, huge transition from hooker to prop, proven to be a great change for his Rugby future.

- Most Surprising Player: gotta give this to both second rowers from joeys, have been incredibly consistent in a up and down side, with great set piece week in week out.

Lots of hard decisions, thoughts?
Biased no view players

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
1. School Agenda. Not saying they have to drop being academically selective but the disregard of athletic pursuits is sad. Grammar don’t provide an all round opportunity to it’s students but I guess parents know that when enrolling now.

2. Numbers. Raises your chances of good players.
Why doesn't High open up selections to all kids at a state school, then it can back to an 8 team comp and High can field multiple teams in the underages as well.
We’ll never see it happen. This would require the NSW Department of Education to actively participate with the Private System. SBHS is a victim of agenda and it’s not just them. Schools like North Sydney Boys High use to play a lot of Rugby and never forget Matraville High who had the Ellas, Eddie Jones at the school.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
The only content we've seen out of a NSW GPS school?

Apart from the highlights and 'Pump Ups', what else have we seen?

Oh and the Battle of the Hill mini docco, but wouldn't count that.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
@Joker the score between Scots vs Shore 16A's was 15-14 to shore

difficult when you get conflicting reports

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 7.51.01 pm.png

RedcliffMakos

Frank Row (1)
The only content we've seen out of a NSW GPS school?

Apart from the highlights and 'Pump Ups', what else have we seen?

Oh and the Battle of the Hill mini docco, but wouldn't count that.
I do find it crazy that it is just a 17-year old making these videos, compared to the professional documentaries that schools pay tens of thousands for. Whoever he is, props to you.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
FRIDAY TIPPING

Tomorrow I shall be triple busing and one training my way to North Pole...I mean Parramatta for the annual meeting of the bush communities. It shall be easy to tell them apart. Take for example the utes that will be driven by each school community.

The Joeys ute with the boys in the back

View attachment 17218

vs

The Kings family ute

View attachment 17219

Anyway, it shall be final week of tipping and I look forward to some upset results, draws and all the usual unexpected nonsense that has gone on in season 2023. Much thought is being given to tipping 2024 with some new changes and the possibility of a prize that does not involve a pie. I look forward to catching up this weekend with many good friends at Kings, and maybe even some TKS students who are as brave as the View lads to say hello.

Finally a big shout out to the nicotine ninths at Riverview. Your invitation was most kind but as I explained, I am needed to spread nonsense and good cheer elsewhere this weekend. Go well you lunatics and let me know how you go.

TIPS CLOSE at 3pm Saturday.

View attachment 17220

Get them in quick
Scots +10
View +10
Kings +5
Sorry late!

Status
Not open for further replies.