• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Great day out for the View boys. What's my prize for tipping the right margin?
1691825776604.png

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Maybe it’s time for joeys to actually starting promoting REAL props instead of putting backrowers in the front row … that would be a first
Maaaaate, won't happen, Joeys will take the quick breakway & turn him into a prop.....but it doesn't work once they become big boys. Think Boof Hardy, breakaway till year 11.......

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)
Kings 15As and 16As both getting the wins over joeys, 13As lost on the bell and not sure of the 14s result.
Would also like to say how impressed I was by the kings old boys day, it was outstanding and packed.

Disappointed in an individual from joeys. A joeys mother was seen vandalising 6 kings boys cars and taking there P plates, behaviour is disgusting and should not be accepted. Drawing with lipstick on 17/18 year old boys car is just immature.

A formal investigation is taking place, there is clear footage of the mother doing this and her face is shown. I hope her and her son who was helping her will be sorted by the joeys school.

However the rest of the joeys boys were outstanding, never seen a away section so clean

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Maaaaate, won't happen, Joeys will take the quick breakway & turn him into a prop.....but it doesn't work once they become big boys. Think Boof Hardy, breakaway till year 11.......
This quite hilarious. We work with what we have and don’t plug gaps other than to identify lads that might round out the team. Next years probable front row are life long members of the front row union as was last years edition. BTW, Tony Daly was a centre, then a back rower, then a prop. He went OK as I recall. Not that he went to Joeys but Dick Harry was a back rower that became a prop as well, he seemed to go OK as well.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
This quite hilarious. We work with what we have and don’t plug gaps other than to identify lads that might round out the team. Next years probable front row are life long members of the front row union as was last years edition. BTW, Tony Daly was a centre, then a back rower, then a prop. He went OK as I recall. Not that he went to Joeys but Dick Harry was a back rower that became a prop as well, he seemed to go OK as well.
Lol, re-read, never said anything about plugin gaps. Just seen it quiet a bit from Joeys getting b-aways and turning them into props, like Boof or Ben Tull if I remember. Then again a lot of schools do it and the fat kids get relegated to the C's and don't play after school which is hilarious as our Aussie front row has been powderpuffs for 20 odd years. A lot of it is because of this

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
I know.. They’ve been doing the same tactics for years. Throw a few extra loose forwards in the front row and hope the extra speed at break down will be the difference.. but it doesn’t work well as it use to cause all the other sides are not only fitter but also bigger.. and it showed today.

Also it doesn’t help Australian rugby, by not producing large, scrum specific props.

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
Joeys have also just produced one of the best Prop prospects in the country for a while in Jack Barrett.

Backrowers should be looked at for Hooker IMO.
The exception to the rule .. Yes he’s very good, but also a very mobile prop who could also easily fit into the back row. Not a huge prop.. Very much in the joeys style.

Status
Not open for further replies.