• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSlads

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lol, re-read, never said anything about plugin gaps. Just seen it quite a bit from Joeys getting b-aways and turning them into props, like Boof or Ben Tull if I remember. Then again a lot of schools do it and the fat kids get relegated to the C's and don't play after school which is hilarious as our Aussie front row has been powderpuffs for 20 odd years. A lot of it is because of this
100 percent mate .. this is the truth.. our scrum is the weakest point of our game cause we don’t develop the big lads … while other countries celebrate props eg England Argentina springbok

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
What a great way to end the season ay? Three `VERY different schools (the 3 best ones), all getting premierships, and all 3 UNDEFEATED.

Congratulations to Kings, Joeys and Scots for what a terrific year, hope the year 12's have a good celebration to the end of HSC Trials and the rugby season.

Till next year? Or is there more footy chat in off-season?

Balmain Subbies

Darby Loudon (17)
What a great way to end the season ay? Three `VERY different schools (the 3 best ones), all getting premierships, and all 3 UNDEFEATED.

Congratulations to Kings, Joeys and Scots for what a terrific year, hope the year 12's have a good celebration to the end of HSC Trials and the rugby season.

Till next year? Or is there more footy chat in off-season?
It.
Never.
Stops.

Plus we all know @Joker has another 50 to 60 memes he needs to tryout before the start of next season.

The offseason will comprise of;
1. Fathers saying a school will be favorites based on a "strong 16s group"
2. Clarinet rugby players
3. Coaching merry-go-round
4. Best XV from every school ever
5. Joker telling us in detail the time he had an audience with Pope John Paul the II
6. Joker telling everyone Joeys has 83 outright 1st XV Premiership
7. Hot off the press news about new arrivals in year 11 (of course Joker will have a "close friend" at each school to confirm")
8. I'll say how at 1st XV of year 12s will beat a 1XV of year 11s 99 times out of a 100
9. Finally people thinking trial matches are form guides and me blowing up at them

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
It.
Never.
Stops.

Plus we all know @Joker has another 50 to 60 memes he needs to tryout before the start of next season.

5. Joker telling us in detail the time he had an audience with Pope John Paul the II
7. Hot off the press news about new arrivals in year 11 (of course Joker will have a "close friend" at each school to confirm")
8. I'll say how at 1st XV of year 12s will beat a 1XV of year 11s 99 times out of a 100
9. Finally people thinking trial matches are form guides and me blowing up at them
And….

Joker releasing his explosive tell all book…

72183C24-60FA-4E78-8F61-0A4161F8CE77.jpeg

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
It.
Never.
Stops.

I mean you gotta say Riverview are favourites next year based on their strong 16’s group

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
I mean you gotta say Riverview are favourites next year based on their strong 16’s group
Yeah, Riverview have always been too 2/3 in 16s purely because they just about never send their best players to opens. 2020, 2021, 2022 were all in that position. That being said, Gus Grover, the younger brother of the Grover twins, may just be the best 9/10 in the state for his position, leading Gordon to 2nd Place in 2022 and 1st in 2023 to state champs.

Just saying. #nobiasinvolved

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Yeah, Riverview have always been too 2/3 in 16s purely because they just about never send their best players to opens. 2020, 2021, 2022 were all in that position. That being said, Gus Grover, the younger brother of the Grover twins, may just be the best 9/10 in the state for his position, leading Gordon to 2nd Place in 2022 and 1st in 2023 to state champs.

Just saying. #nobiasinvolved
Actually , 2nd in 21. 1st in 22 and 23. 7 of the starting 15 in 22 were from Joeys. Most of the Joeys lads didn’t return in 23 but they were replaced by others and there was still more Joeys lads than View lads. Just saying #relevance.

ruckandcoke123

Stan Wickham (3)
This is a pretty shit screenshot, Newingtons crowd was quite big for most of the game
Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 10.34.28 pm.png

From this angle newington seem to have about triple the crowd of scots. Very well set up day and markets were fantastic except I must say that it is a bad representation of newington when you have the prefects getting everyone to scream before taking a conversion. Simple etiquette

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
View attachment 17238
From this angle newington seem to have about triple the crowd of scots. Very well set up day and markets were fantastic except I must say that it is a bad representation of newington when you have the prefects getting everyone to scream before taking a conversion. Simple etiquette
What I saw, was the entire school THERE, but not the entire school (this screenshot) watching the rugby and getting involved in the war cries. You even saw boys sitting on the grass watching near their school but not participating in the chants, etc. I remember Newo much differently.

What a day it was though, easily the best day I've been to, so much to do and see. Huge props to Newo, so many smiles and so many familiar faces I saw.

Last edited:

Overtheball

Stan Wickham (3)
The match today between the two previously undefeated 15A teams of Joeys and Kings was a beauty.
High quality, tough rugby that went right down to the wire. A try apiece, just a conversion and penalty leaving Kings the victors at 10-5.
Could have gone either way, with Joeys having plenty of momentum and really threatening the Kings line on multiple occasions in the second half, including being held up over the line once. Kings defence was very gutsy to hold up to the challenge.
A couple of very impressive teams.

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
Quite pathetic from the Shore boys at View yesterday. I counted at least three exact stolen war cries from other schools. Firstly, their try-scoring celebration which View have done for at least 15 years. The 'Are you ready' that Joeys have done for years. And 'shalala' in the exact same way that View has done for years. If you're going to come on here and say that Shore has 'good' culture, you're wrong because originality is a key part of culture and that is lacking in Northbridge.

Frostiesview

Peter Burge (5)

kings 15As instagram, would definitely go and have a watch some of those highlights are outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.