• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

JohnnyOhns

Frank Nicholson (4)
It will be interesting to see how Scots fare against Cranbrook this weekend, while it's only a training match, it still makes for a great rivarly. I'm hearing that they're matching each team with Cranbrook (which is insane given the gap in skills in the lower opens of CAS). Assuming Scots will run over all Cranbrook, will be interesting.

Johnny

RemainingInTheGame

Allen Oxlade (6)
It will be interesting to see how Scots fare against Cranbrook this weekend, while it's only a training match, it still makes for a great rivarly. I'm hearing that they're matching each team with Cranbrook (which is insane given the gap in skills in the lower opens of CAS). Assuming Scots will run over all Cranbrook, will be interesting.

Johnny
Do Cranbrook play in the Scots sevens, if not, then maybe with Scots attending that the teams might be more even.

(Also, can we assume that as 1st and 2nd XV games are at Easts they can go ahead no matter how much rain falls tonight?)

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)

Johnny
Scots have as many as 7 1stXV players out.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
It’s a yearly right of passage of Parra gonna win the NRL and View have the best players will win the GPS

Who knows View may be good and finally win their 11th premiership

Joeys 11th was in 1932
One can only hope and support.

Although clearly Shore have the mantle as Pre Season Premiers much like the perennial juggernaut that is the NSW Waratahs if we are to believe sentiment.... Going for that 10th premiership. First since 2006 and first outright in 55 years?
How many games will be abandoned this weekend? Noah should’ve built a footy ground, not an ark…. Ironically the weather proof hallowed turf at HH might go unused. I’m hearing Marist Canberra don’t want to drive up the highway in the wet (source = their own insta account). Must’ve hired open top buses.
If it keeps up like this I don't see much happening. Can't imagine they want Rat park torn up to start the season either.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)

Although clearly Shore have the mantle as Pre Season Premiers much like the perennial juggernaut that is the NSW Waratahs if we are to believe sentiment.... Going for that 10th premiership. First since 2006 and first outright in 55 years?

If it keeps up like this I don't see much happening. Can't imagine they want Rat park torn up to start the season either.
From what I’ve heard, Augustine’s have moved all games except the 1st XV off the main oval at rat park to preserve the field. I believe they are very keen to see this game go ahead however if it keeps up like this it will most likely be taken out of their control but they are talking all measures possible to give the game the best chance of being played.

The Peanut Gallery

Frank Nicholson (4)
From what I’ve heard, Augustine’s have moved all games except the 1st XV off the main oval at rat park to preserve the field. I believe they are very keen to see this game go ahead however if it keeps up like this it will most likely be taken out of their control but they are talking all measures possible to give the game the best chance of being played.
Rat Park is owned by the Northern Beaches council, so they get the final say... unlikely to go ahead with this much rain.

Any news on Kings, such little buzz from a school that dominated the GPS last year??

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)

Scots 7s cancelled I hear.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
In a large twist of events St Augustine’s are now playing Joeys 2s at hunters hill tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 1.02.11 pm.png

This was the predicted fixture between Scots & Cranbrook, as Scots 7s was cancelled due to rain.

However, rain has cancelled all fixtures apart from 1s, 2s and 16as at Easts.

You can see that Each A team played each other, but Scots Cs were playing Cranbrook Bs, and Scots Es playing Cranbrook Cs.