• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

GPSFootyguy3

Frank Row (1)
Yes agree completely. Grammar have 2 tough games against the st pats and pius firsts soon. This is bound to a be an absolute fuckfest of a match, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles himself amongst some bigger, more powerful men. I could see him eating it up, as he sure looked hungry last weekend!
Yes, looking forward to these games too! This number 6 embodies his ancestors, the spartans, spirit on the rugby field with grunts into contact that can be heard throughout the grounds! These dominant men you speak of will surely be intimidated by these primal sounds that exit his body on the rugby field, he seems to lose auditory control which really excites me...
On a side note, the young man, while significant in size, is obviously struggling with those wretched shin splints under his ginormous weight. I hope he can overcome this minor hurdle in what promises to be a long and dominant season.

cheers,

GPSfootyguy

the_merchant

Bob McCowan (2)
You can count out the new boys, they had limited opportunities and when the opportunities arose they took them (the majority of the time) there are a few things the boys need to work out however other than that they should keep their heads up high and keep building.

Also, have we got any news on Newington's other opens teams and how they are looking this season i.e. 4th, 5th?????

My tips joker
Scots +7
Shore +12
New + 10
Newington goes down to 8thXV this year

wiltwalker

Bob McCowan (2)
Only one answer. Joeys.
After a few hiccups earlier in the season, I've heard Riverview are looking good after putting up some good performances the last 3 weeks.
Joeys clearly the favourites at this point, but wonder if a few injuries would undo them

Wilty

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
i head the SJC 9th XV also known as the "Nic Ninths" are on for a big one, after an underwhelming and to say the least undermanned team played the Oakhill 4th XV going down by about a try. Lead by Zach Boyle or "Skip" and Hugo Dalton, the boys are on for a big one.
Go lads. They were my team of the year last year.
Must come and give you a rev up one weekend.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I'll never win the tipping unless View go undefeated....
Wake up man....that aint gonna happen

archer-slap.gif

SCRUMpscous

Frank Row (1)
They all play in the halves. Could maybe move Joe to fullback but can't accomodate all 4 in the starting line up
It's to my understanding that the four of these players were in the U16s Waratahs XV side in 2022 with all four players in the starting side and if I correctly recall the side defeated every single team dominantly through expansive and quick play crushing their QLD rivals in the final.

PBear

Stan Wickham (3)
After a few hiccups earlier in the season, I've heard Riverview are looking good after putting up some good performances the last 3 weeks.
Joeys clearly the favourites at this point, but wonder if a few injuries would undo them

Wilty
I don't know why Joeys are clear favourites...some indifferent trial form, albeit a couple of losses against 1st XV teams
I would expect a very close competition, similar to 1sts

EddieJonesOfficial

Frank Row (1)
Here we go....

View attachment 18859

Team on the left is the home team.
Here is how you post your tips
Just give the school and the margin in each game.
Example

Kings +6
Shore +24
Joeys +1

Then will enter into my tips record.
BTW....10 spaces left! Get in quick if you want to join.

Prize for 2024?
Lunch with Joker. My treat

View attachment 18860
Count me in if it's not too late

Scots +9
Shore +14
Newington +3

The Chairman

Bob Loudon (25)
3rd XV Trial 2 Report
Only four matches played on the weekend due to the adverse weather so still hard to predict the form leading up to the 3rd XV competition starting on 1 June.

St Augustines 2nd XV 10 d Joeys 3rd XV 7
I have always believed that playing teams of a higher grade in trials is excellent preparation for competition, and this match was the perfect example. A close contest in the wet with only three points the difference. While Joeys would be disappointed to lose this one they will front up well for future matches as they prepare for the season proper.

Scots 5th XV 27 d St Stanislaus 3rd XV 0
A good win to Scots 5ths while their 3rds played Scots All Saints. I think Scots will be starting the competition with some confidence in defending the premiership they won in 2023.

Shore 3th XV 12 d Knox 3rd XV 8
A good start to the season for Shore demonstrating that talk of improved depth at Shore is not just a rumour. Perhaps this is the year for Shore to make their presence felt in the 3rd XV competition.

Shore 4th XV 29 d High 1st XV 0
This result does not augur well for High in the upcoming competition. It has been recognised that their program has improved and strengthened in recent years and let's hope that's the case - they will be playing tougher teams than Shore's 4ths during this season.

A number of cracking trials next week as View host Shore, Scots host Kings, New host Joeys, Grammar host Pius and Oakhill host High.

INP
Keep in mind the Shore 4th XV game was called off with 15 minutes to go.

Aagpsglory

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have been thoroughly surprised by View's number 5 this season. He is a strong tackler and has a great running ability. it feels as though no one has looked at Riverview's forwards this season, so with that, i think he could definitely be playing GPS 1s or 2s if he works hard enough and has a good season, even with the immense competition in the forwards in the GPS.

Has anyone else seen this?

Cheers,

AG

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Don't the lower opens (7ths to the highest) at Joeys, King's, View, whomever play for the Spaghetti Cup these days? Great competition when it ran.