• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

046ballrunner

Peter Burge (5)
Question, who were the best players, in 2023, who did not play first xv?

Can be year 11 or 12, any school.

Personally, I thought the kings 2nds 13 was really good, however stuck behind Tom Watts. Also, the shore 8 for 2s was good.

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)

Personally, I thought the kings 2nds 13 was really good, however stuck behind Tom Watts. Also, the shore 8 for 2s was good.
Ethan Hamilton, phenomenal player, very unlucky to not get a starting spot in the Shore 1sts this season. Excited to watch him dominate next year!
-Professor

propsarespeedy

Ted Thorn (20)

Will Johnson the name that comes to mind for Scots, should play firsts in 2024. Year 12 Sam Nicolle was also in the 2's for a lot of season even though he is definitely a 1st XV level player in my opinion. Scots certainly had other players in the 2's who could've played some 1sts but were behind very talented players.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Joeys players are expected to play a summer sport. Pre season if any fits in around that.
I wonder how long compulsory 2 sports will continue for senior athletes who play 1st grade .. playing senior rugby is pretty much a year round sport now … having to do cricket, basketball etc just for the sake of it seems detrimental…

I do know some schools allow elite rugby players to do all year round rugby .. or “athlete/weights/swimming “ as their “summer sport “ which is really just pre-season training.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
who is Ollie Mackellar? I would say the either centre position is crowed for talent. Ontoni, Hartman, Gough, Fittler, Jacques, etc etc.
who is Ollie Mackellar? I would say the either centre position is crowed for talent. Ontoni, Hartman, Gough, Fittler, Jacques, etc etc.

He's a weapon on the field. Who also nade the GPS under 16's in 2022 . I would rate him over a lot of those players.