• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
My ladder prediction and why I think it, prove me wrong.

1. Scots-most talented side on paper, 2x premiership winning coach and 95% of team playing together last year so experience and combinations
2. Newington- been in a rough patch and have very talented players, most have experience, just think they lack motivation and go-forward)
3/4 Riverview/Shore- For view, very good 16s team and have great combinations, lack experience as most are in year 11, and Shore will be very year 12 heavy but I think they lack in the backline.
5. Joeys, can never write them off but I don't know much about them as always, they're 16s sides coming last, not sure about them.
6. Kings, very, VERY year 12 heavy firsts this year and seconds and they won't be horrible, just don't see them beating the teams above them.

Looks like a very close year up ahead.

Any 2024 predicted Scots lineups? @propsarespeedy ?
And for everyone asking here's my 2024 Scots 1XV.
1. Joel Jacobs/Tom Duddy
2. Elliot Sainford
3. Cody Clarke/Cooper Guerin
4. Finnlay Bartlett
5. Charlie Barber
6. Harry Gianatsous/Aston Weir
7. Charlie Ulcoq
8. Toby Brial
9. Geoff Hughes
10. Max Soepono
11. Aiden Gow
12. Onitoni Large
13. Zac Fittler
14. Jay McKenzie
15. Leo Jaques

Want to mention there are many talented backups, and other possibilities for the backline.

Watch out for SCOTS, Bloody hell I'm excited.

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
My ladder prediction and why I think it, prove me wrong.

1. Scots-most talented side on paper, 2x premiership winning coach and 95% of team playing together last year so experience and combinations
2. Newington- been in a rough patch and have very talented players, most have experience, just think they lack motivation and go-forward)
3/4 Riverview/Shore- For view, very good 16s team and have great combinations, lack experience as most are in year 11, and Shore will be very year 12 heavy but I think they lack in the backline.
5. Joeys, can never write them off but I don't know much about them as always, they're 16s sides coming last, not sure about them.
6. Kings, very, VERY year 12 heavy firsts this year and seconds and they won't be horrible, just don't see them beating the teams above them.

Looks like a very close year up ahead.

And for everyone asking here's my 2024 Scots 1XV.
1. Joel Jacobs/Tom Duddy
2. Elliot Sainford
3. Cody Clarke/Cooper Guerin
4. Finnlay Bartlett
5. Charlie Barber
6. Harry Gianatsous/Aston Weir
7. Charlie Ulcoq
8. Toby Brial
9. Geoff Hughes
10. Max Soepono
11. Aiden Gow
12. Onitoni Large
13. Zac Fittler
14. Jay McKenzie
15. Leo Jaques

Want to mention there are many talented backups, and other possibilities for the backline.

Watch out for SCOTS, Bloody hell I'm excited.
can agree with you but i think that joeys will be higher than shore and view as there year 10s are good but cant see them winning next year but possibly the year after.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yes Eddie Jones, Shore are the favourites just like the Wallabies can win Eddie
View attachment 17267

next year Scots & Joeys and then daylight 3rd
Shore have a lot of good returning players, the best forward pack, strong under 16 team coming through , and they're probably the most hungry to win it.

At the beginning of this year, everyone was saying they would get the spoon, and look how that went?

James Warner and Marshall Le Maitre are modern day Warriors. They won't be spending their summer on Tick Tock.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not trying to talk down Shore here as their improvement has been something to be proud of and seems to be flowing into some of the younger age groups as well but if it hadnt been for such a poor last 15 years this season would be considered disappointing as well.

2 wins from 10 comp games in 1st grade is not a pass. 9/30 across 1st - 3rds.

They do have a lot of returning players which is positive and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them up there in the 2nds with the 16s coming through and creating depth but I expect similar results in the 1sts. Some schools just have 2-3 players that are exceptional and push them past IMO.

I think we’ll see similar from View next year and Joeys will be there come the last couple of rounds.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not trying to talk down Shore here as their improvement has been something to be proud of and seems to be flowing into some of the younger age groups as well but if it hadnt been for such a poor last 15 years this season would be considered disappointing as well.

2 wins from 10 comp games in 1st grade is not a pass. 9/30 across 1st - 3rds.

They do have a lot of returning players which is positive and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them up there in the 2nds with the 16s coming through and creating depth but I expect similar results in the 1sts. Some schools just have 2-3 players that are exceptional and push them past IMO.

I think we’ll see similar from View next year and Joeys will be there come the last couple of rounds.
They also should have won Against Joeys and Scots this year. They outplayed both those teams fot most the game. Were extremely unlucky.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They also should have won Against Joeys and Scots this year. They outplayed both those teams fot most the game. Were extremely unlucky.
You’re right but they don’t give ‘should have’ points on the table. They’ll be much better for the experience and getting to know the intensity required.

I really don’t want what I wrote to be negative about their program but I’m not ready to write them up as a legitimate contender just yet.

Got a joint premiership with View & Joeys in 06 but other than that middle of the pack and always competitive has been the spot for Shore. Argument could be made 2 rounds doesn’t help teams in the middle because you can’t get into a joint premiership situation by producing an upset.

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
can agree with you but i think that joeys will be higher than shore and view as there year 10s are good but cant see them winning next year but possibly the year after.
Can't already rule out the SHORE year 10 age group, VIEW beat them 28-26 last week, both with an injury. SHORE seem to also have a very strong u16 team.
-Professor

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
Can't already rule out the SHORE year 10 age group, VIEW beat them 28-26 last week, both with an injury. SHORE seem to also have a very strong u16 team.
-Professor
not ruling out shore just think that joeys will be better as joeys were disjointed this year with plenty of injuries and heaps of people playing up in opens. Think that newington will also be a real underdog next year as there year 11 age group is strong and there year 10s were runners up this year in the 16a comp.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Don’t think anythings being announced but it would be silly not to.

2/3 premierships we’re still being played for in the last round and nobody finished with 0 wins.

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
Is it confirmed another 10 round comp?
I assume it would be, no reason to get rid of it. I think and other think that it has worked really well this year being able to play everyone home and away so then not any unfair advantages. Also think that some of the trails don't mean anything to much and some are pointless as schools don't always play there best teams.

RushingRob

Chris McKivat (8)
I think it also shows the depth of schools, then again, maybe other teams get struck with injuries and another doesn't so it's unfair, but luck of the draw I guess. That's footy.