• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hi All,

I'm the kid that actually made the documentary and appreciate all the support. Just to clarify, I'm in Year 12 and am friends with all the kids on the team, so I can understand why some may think I've gassed them up. I'm only 17, yet over the years I've understood the growing need for athlete marketing and exposure, and have assisted many boys on the squad in getting recognition from professional teams. In the end, that's who I'm doing it for. I'm not getting anything tangibly out of doing this as I'm still a student at the school, which I think that is important to consider if you want to try and slander the video. It's been a big commitment amidst HSC trials and my own athletic season, so I do hope everyone enjoys it. Please do keep sharing it around. Cheers again,

Tom
You done a good job. It's a great video, and the players will love the exposure and memories from it.

Don't worry if some boomers don't like it , they're usually the type who have un understanding of what it's like for young people in 2023. If they had it their way we would be going back to the dark ages.

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
You done a good job. It's a great video, and the players will love the exposure and memories from it.

Don't worry if some boomers don't like it , they're usually the type who have un understanding of what it's like for young people in 2023. If they had it their way we would be going back to the dark ages.
Do you know where to find it? Just looked on the youtube channel and it doesn't seem to be up.

Gps's Father

Bob McCowan (2)
Do you know where to find it? Just looked on the youtube channel and it doesn't seem to be up.
just click the youtube button on this video and it will take you to the youtube website where you can go full screen ect ect.

Last edited:

046ballrunner

Peter Burge (5)
Watch out for WALTER WALKER, he has utilised unfathamoble inspiration from the kings documentary and aims to incorperate their values into his preseason.

His goals are

1. Put on size

Walter will be in the Redfern gym 3 times a week consistently. In addition to this he will be tracking the food and drink he places in his body, refraining from attending social events that have potential to hinder his goal, inevitably damaging his rugby career.

2. Strengthen his relationship with Allah

Following his Shahada, Walter is committed to following the actions of Allah and Prophet Muhammad, balancing prayer and submission (the ultimate goal of Islam) with his training for rugby.

3. Make his intentions clear to rugby coaches

No messing around, Walter wants to be in the 1st XV. He will not miss one session.

Footy248

Banned
Personally think this is a bit of a joke. In recent years we as a community have forgotten what GPS school rugby stands for. As far as I'm concerned, this video reflects a rising celebrification of schoolboy rugby players that only has detrimental impacts on the players. They are in year 12, are completing an HSC, and are still impressionable teenagers, and to have people fawning over them playing rugby for a school cannot be productive. I think in some cases it puts too much pressure on them and in worse cases can make them feel like they're above members of the school and outside the standards of the school because they are a part of this 'celebrity' rugby culture. Schools should look to make changes to this so that it doesn't spiral out of control. Note: you would never have seen documentaries about GPS rugby when I was growing up.
It isn't making them celebrities at all, Its a lighthearted bit of fun. Grow up honestly

BruiserCruiser

Frank Row (1)
Personally think this is a bit of a joke. In recent years we as a community have forgotten what GPS school rugby stands for. As far as I'm concerned, this video reflects a rising celebrification of schoolboy rugby players that only has detrimental impacts on the players. They are in year 12, are completing an HSC, and are still impressionable teenagers, and to have people fawning over them playing rugby for a school cannot be productive. I think in some cases it puts too much pressure on them and in worse cases can make them feel like they're above members of the school and outside the standards of the school because they are a part of this 'celebrity' rugby culture. Schools should look to make changes to this so that it doesn't spiral out of control. Note: you would never have seen documentaries about GPS rugby when I was growing up.
You probably didn't see penicillin or combustion powered motor vehicles either ya boomer. Welcome to the 21st century.

Scrum enthusiast

Frank Row (1)
I agree, and it's good to see they can make careers out of sport, but I think this happens for only a small margin of them whilst the rest have sacrificed a lot of their education just because we place so much value on school footy. I think we need to remember that the purpose of a school is to educate and putting kids through 6 trainings a week and immense pressure and stress, which would surely detract from their academics, does not actually equip them for the future when they don't make it in footy and therefore schools have forgotten what they are supposed to do.
Only if all that mattered at school was the HSC, obviously you didnt win a 1st 15 premiership

Boats and Hoes

Bob McCowan (2)
whilst your comment sounds intellectual, it comes off as sleazy and pathetic. Can you kindly remind me of how many premeirship shields you have? Don't worry though, whilst your sitting at your desk exercising your keyboard warrior skills, I'll take care of the premiership shield which sits nice and firm in our trophy room. It is true, we are the top dogs, feel free to have a sook while you sniff our asses from the bottom of the table. If you wanna be a hero, get a cape

• Haha
Reactions: HOK