• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Joel Jacobs
2. Eric Delben
3. Conor Press
4. Finnlay Bartlett
5. ?
6. Matt Heslin
7. Charlie Ulcog
8. Toby Brial
9. Max Patterson
10. Max Soponoe
11. Aidan Gow
12. Ontini Large
13. Zach Fittler
14. Jay Mackenzie
15. Leo Jacques

HM: Tom Duddy, Mark Nikas, Will Johnson, Geoff Hughes, Xavier Savala, Ashton Large
No no no no no no.

Matt Heslin and Conor Press are in year 12.

No Del-Ben and Charlie Barber at second row.

Game_Day_Ritual

Sydney Middleton (9)
1. Joel Jacobs
2. Eric Delben
3. Conor Press
4. Finnlay Bartlett
5. ?
6. Matt Heslin
7. Charlie Ulcog
8. Toby Brial
9. Max Patterson
10. Max Soponoe
11. Aidan Gow
12. Ontini Large
13. Zach Fittler
14. Jay Mackenzie
15. Leo Jacques

HM: Tom Duddy, Mark Nikas, Will Johnson, Geoff Hughes, Xavier Savala, Ashton Large
3. Conor and 6. Matteus are in year 12 this year which frees up few positions.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)

Attachments

• 48DSC_5507.jpg
    48DSC_5507.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 140

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
I know I’m late and most people know but if you want faster than Tolu, look no further than Joeys 16s for Billy Blair, will undoubtedly beat Tolus record of 10.4, as he tan a 10.7 at the last carnival, look for him for Joeys 1st Xv next season.
Extremely close behind is Onitoni Large, far out that kid is quick as well. Ran a 10.9 just behind Billy Blair- watch out!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
There must not be many 10s in that age group as they are getting a 17 year old to play 2 years up. Not saying anything think joe walsh is a very talented player and deserves a spot just interesting to see them choose a player 2 years young.
Shouldn’t really matter if he’s good enough. Plenty of 16 year olds have made Aus Schools/U18s which is the same gap.

Good chance they include guys with an eye for the following year as well. Fowler trained with the Aus U20s squad intially and it was pretty well assumed he wouldn’t make the final squad for the junior World Cup.

northerner

Frank Row (1)
I note that both Warringah 1st and 2nds Colts played in the Grand Finals on Sunday yet only 1 forward and 3 backs made the squad.

However Eastern Suburbs finished back in 5th in the 1sts Colts but have 7 forwards and 3 backs chosen.
Warringah colts 1 were all 20 year olds except for Saunders , langfield and gate

046ballrunner

Peter Burge (5)
2024 GPS 1s and 2s Predictions??

haven’t seen a 2nds team predict yet!!
Ill have a crack at the backlines

1s

9. Scots 9 (Hughes, Patterson)
10. Rodwell (N)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Fenciwkle (K)
13. Fittler (S)
14. Gow (S)
15. Jacques (S)

2s

9. View 9 (Grover, Carter)
10. Humphries (N)
11. Mackenzie (S)
12. Conick (E)
13. Large (S)
14. Gough (J)
15. Mason (I)

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)

1s

10. Rodwell (N)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Fenciwkle (K)
13. Fittler (S)
14. Gow (S)
15. Jacques (S)

2s

10. Humphries (N)
11. Mackenzie (S)
12. Conick (E)
13. Large (S)
14. Gough (J)
15. Mason (I)
I wouldn't suggest the Scots 9s. I've heard much better things from View on this forum.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I wouldn't suggest the Scots 9s. I've heard much better things from View on this forum.
Not sure about Carter but Angus Grover (View) is a gun, general for the view team and has a great running game, good over the ball and very good pill.
Excited to see what Max Patterson and Hughes can do next year, 2 very talented players with great backlines beside them.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Many talented boys from the U16's Scots age group have gone largely un-noticed, to name a few Tom O'hara, Ollie Sinclair, Aston Weir, Peter Sklavos, Samuela Alker etc, should provide the opens program with some good depth.

anothernudge

Allen Oxlade (6)

1s

10. Rodwell (N)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Fenciwkle (K)
13. Fittler (S)
14. Gow (S)
15. Jacques (S)

2s

10. Humphries (N)
11. Mackenzie (S)
12. Conick (E)
13. Large (S)
14. Gough (J)
15. Mason (I)
Good looking backlines although I have to agree with Rushing Rob I think the Scots 9's are very solid but can only see Geoff having a possibility at 1's. Also wouldn't be suprised for Mackenzie to make his way into the 1's and Onitoni could most definitely find himself in there aswell.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Good looking backlines although I have to agree with Rushing Rob I think the Scots 9's are very solid but can only see Geoff having a possibility at 1's. Also wouldn't be suprised for Mackenzie to make his way into the 1's and Onitoni could most definitely find himself in there aswell.
Agree on Onitoni in the 1s. I'd also have Makasini (N) ahead of Gow (S) and also Grover (I) in the 1s. Humphries (N) finished the year in the 2s for Newington and given their final position on the ladder it doesn't bode well for next year particularly if they continue with Rodwell (N) at 10.

shaquille_oatmeal

Frank Row (1)
Regardless of the speculation, I'm very excited to see what will be made of the firsts this upcoming season, some truly exciting stuff to be seen!

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)

1s

10. Rodwell (N)
11. Hartman (I)
12. Fenciwkle (K)
13. Fittler (S)
14. Gow (S)
15. Jacques (S)

2s

10. Humphries (N)
11. Mackenzie (S)
12. Conick (E)
13. Large (S)
14. Gough (J)
15. Mason (I)
Can agree with you but if like this year the cis league interferes with the gps selection it will most likely put Rodwell, Humphries possibly fitler, Large just to name a few of the blokes.