• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Billy Blair was so quick, he has to make the firsts next year- would just run around the defence.
I get the strategic nature of the competition and schools moving athletes into different age groups for the points (well done Scots) although it would have been good to see Blair, Avati and Large all run against each other in the 100m considering there was only a 0.05 difference between the trio.

Taralga

Stan Wickham (3)
I get the strategic nature of the competition and schools moving athletes into different age groups for the points (well done Scots) although it would have been good to see Blair, Avati and Large all run against each other in the 100m considering there was only a 0.05 difference between the trio.
Seemed to be a lot of schools moving athletes up age groups on weekend - seemed to get the Cluch commentators confused. Roger Fabri was training Avati and apparently Fabri has another 2 Ferraris from Scots Year 10 that didn't run on weekend due to injury.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
A reminder for tomorrow’s two u18’s games NSW v QLD at the Southern Districts Club.

Temp in Sylvania is expected to hit 33 deg.

12.30pm and 2pm

The Aust Schoolboys squad will be announced by Rugby Australia immediately after the completion of both games.

Those boys who have been chosen from the Western Force, ACT Brumbies and Melb Rebels will already be at the field.

Each NSW and QLD boy have been told to take a packed bag to the field in case their name is called.

The squad will then head to the AIS in Canberra on Tuesday afternoon for 2 weeks in preparation for two games against NZ.

Live

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)
A reminder for tomorrow’s two u18’s games NSW v QLD at the Southern Districts Club.

Temp in Sylvania is expected to hit 33 deg.

12.30pm and 2pm

The Aust Schoolboys squad will be announced by Rugby Australia immediately after the completion of both games.

Those boys who have been chosen from the Western Force, ACT Brumbies and Melb Rebels will already be at the field.

Each NSW and QLD boy have been told to take a packed bag to the field in case their name is called.

The squad will then head to the AIS in Canberra on Tuesday afternoon for 2 weeks in preparation for two games against NZ.

Live
I guess there won’t be any last minute cramming for the lucky ones chosen?

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
For the Diary

The squad that was chosen today

Both games live on Stan Sport

1695121893856.png

Last edited:

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
For the diary

Live on Cluch

Non Academy players make up these 2 squads

Sat 23 SepAUSTRALIAN SCHOOLBOYS V AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS BARBARIANS
Kick off 2:00pm, Knox Grammar School, Wahroonga (Sydney)
Mon 25 SepTONGA SCHOOLBOYS V AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS BARBARIANS
Kick off 11:00am, Knox Grammar School, Wahroonga (Sydney)
Thu 28 SepTONGA SCHOOLBOYS V AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLBOYS
Kick off 11:00am, Knox Grammar School, Wahroonga (Sydney)

Last edited:

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
At the risk of sounding anything like a certain Shore fanatic on this forum, I am personally disappointed with no Le Maitre (7, Shore). I also feel like other NSW boys that were hard done by were Charlie O'kane (front row, bench NSW 1's), Jono Ryan (6, NSW II's) and Charlie Poynton (wing, NSW II's). I feel they were better than the boys playing in front of them.

No player from the NSW II's team was selected... after a massively dominant performance... which I think comes down to lazy selection. This is highly disappointing as politics and lazy selecting is a massive reason we are losing so much talent to league. Often the best player in their position misses out on the top team, ESPECIALLY at a schoolboy level, and this is something all of us on the forum understand. You'd think these pathways would learn eventually.

Malakye Enasio (outside centre, Knox) was the only non starter from the originally named NSW 1's team, who wasn't picked for Aus Schools.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
At the risk of sounding anything like a certain Shore fanatic on this forum, I am personally disappointed with no Le Maitre (7, Shore). I also feel like other NSW boys that were hard done by were Charlie O'kane (front row, bench NSW 1's), Jono Ryan (6, NSW II's) and Charlie Poynton (wing, NSW II's). I feel they were better than the boys playing in front of them.

No player from the NSW II's team was selected... after a massively dominant performance... which I think comes down to lazy selection. This is highly disappointing as politics and lazy selecting is a massive reason we are losing so much talent to league. Often the best player in their position misses out on the top team, ESPECIALLY at a schoolboy level, and this is something all of us on the forum understand. You'd think these pathways would learn eventually.

Malakye Enasio (outside centre, Knox) was the only non starter from the originally named NSW 1's team, who wasn't picked for Aus Schools.
Are you taking two 7s in the squad? I wouldn’t be. And Marshall is still working towards the level that Durbridge is at. Jono Ryan tough selection call. I would have picked him as 6/7 cover