• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

BananaMan

Bob McCowan (2)
Not sure if Palmisani gets a spot in the 1st XV based on the fact Hart, Gough, Tombs and Sleeman were chosen over him this season during the plague of outside back injuries at Joeys.

Doesn't Palmisani play fullback? With Hwi gone he should now be their 1st choice kicker. Including Palmisani everyone you mentioned (apart from Gough) experienced 1sts rugby in the 10 round comp this year. There will be a lot of boys vying for the same spots next year which will make them even stronger….a good place to be in.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Doesn't Palmisani play fullback? With Hwi gone he should now be their 1st choice kicker. Including Palmisani everyone you mentioned (apart from Gough) experienced 1sts rugby in the 10 round comp this year. There will be a lot of boys vying for the same spots next year which will make them even stronger….a good place to be in.
There are multiple kicking options, agreed competition will be fierce.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Those sports are summer for a start and waterpolo is popular, even if 10-15 years ago it didn't really exist. Sound familiar?
PLC Pymble has around 75 registered rugby players and growing, thats 75 better than 0. Women's participation is up 10% overall and the schools and clubs are just getting started and building comps. Why would we deliberately shoot down a great growth opportunity, are you saying dont try because you might fail? Or don't try because schools like Trinity aren't any good anymore? so therefore everyone should stop trying.
I didn't realise "Trinity aren't any good anymore".
Funny that , I attended a first grade game between Eastwood & West Harbour this year, & noted that 5 of the players on the field were
ex Trinity.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
I didn't realise "Trinity aren't any good anymore".
Funny that , I attended a first grade game between Eastwood & West Harbour this year, & noted that 5 of the players on the field were
ex Trinity.
1 title in the last 23 years and only 5 players in the entire 53 man CAS squad last year, same as Aloys. It would be awesome if they were more competitive apart from the occasional one-off game, but sadly they are struggling to put teams on the park.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
'm title in the last 23 years and only 5 players in the entire 53 man CAS squad last year, same as Aloys. It would be awesome if they were more competitive apart from the occasional one-off game, but sadly they are struggling to put teams on the park.
Far enough.I'm not in touch with schoolboy rugby these days, & am happy to accept your statistics re Trinity.
But I don't think a schools rugby prowess should be solely judged on inter school competitions restricted to the boys ages.
To my mind, consideration should also be given to the ultimate progress & development of boys at a higher level, e.g. club &
representative levels, as at least partly reflective of their school experience.
As one who was involved in Shute Shield rugby in days past, I remember the common occurrence of schoolboy "stars" turning
up to training at the beginning of the season wearing their schoolboy rep gear for all to be impressed by, & subsequently noting
how many of the unknowns were far more impressive & successful.
On a brief scan of one or two of this years Shute Shield first grade teams, I came across 2 players in the Randwick firsts also.
There may well have been others unrecognised by me.
So the 5 players I mentioned in my post is not insignificant I would think.
Obviously as a Rugby page, contributors focus on that sport, although this thread seems to be largely about co-education & its
effects, & many of the contributions reflect their own particular bias, but what has become apparent to me over the years, is the diminishing
interest & importance of rugby in traditional Rugby playing schools, & this perhaps may be relevant in schools such as Trinity.
Certainly, when I Google Trinity's impressive results in the many alternative sports/activities available to boys other than rugby, these days , that may well be an explanation?

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Far enough.I'm not in touch with schoolboy rugby these days, & am happy to accept your statistics re Trinity.
But I don't think a schools rugby prowess should be solely judged on inter school competitions restricted to the boys ages.
To my mind, consideration should also be given to the ultimate progress & development of boys at a higher level, e.g. club &
representative levels, as at least partly reflective of their school experience.
As one who was involved in Shute Shield rugby in days past, I remember the common occurrence of schoolboy "stars" turning
up to training at the beginning of the season wearing their schoolboy rep gear for all to be impressed by, & subsequently noting
how many of the unknowns were far more impressive & successful.

On a brief scan of one or two of this years Shute Shield first grade teams, I came across 2 players in the Randwick firsts also.
There may well have been others unrecognised by me.
So the 5 players I mentioned in my post is not insignificant I would think.
Obviously as a Rugby page, contributors focus on that sport, although this thread seems to be largely about co-education & its
effects, & many of the contributions reflect their own particular bias, but what has become apparent to me over the years, is the diminishing
interest & importance of rugby in traditional Rugby playing schools, & this perhaps may be relevant in schools such as Trinity.
Certainly, when I Google Trinity's impressive results in the many alternative sports/activities available to boys other than rugby, these days , that may well be an explanation?
any “star” schoolsboy isnt playing shute shield,

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tend to agree after watching the U16s Super tournament and this game.

I can understand where it comes from with another good 9 in the program and Grover's apparent ability to play 10 but if you have a bloke that is probably a top 3 Halfback in the country next year it feels like overcomplicating things to move him. Sport can be unfair at times and guys can miss out. Could also have Grover say I'm a 9 and there's every chance this might be a job for me long term as well.

Will be interesting to see if they have a look at some options in the trials but I think View should focus on identifying the 10 as some other pieces are falling into their lap.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Well done to the GPS boys who have been chosen in this squad

1702520832200.png

Leave my boats behind

Frank Nicholson (4)
Shore prediction

1. jamo
2. Warner
3. Felix
4. Galligan
5. Baxter