• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

the one who knocks

Bob McCowan (2)
Taipan,

There seems to be a lot of Kings talk but I really don't see the hype. All their star players left last year. As much as I would love to see Kings do well this year their time has passed. You cant stay king forever. I think Joey's or Scots are the top contenders for the prem coming into 2024.

Hit me back if I am missing something about this 'Gun' Kings team,
- GottaLoveFooty
Knock, Knock

@GottaLoveFooty well said, I think Scots having a large amount of returning players as well as Harry Harrington (brumbies U16) who is looking to comeback from concussion issues and slide into the ones or twos could be enough to push them over the line and secure the prem. Interested to see what joeys do with their backline, and how they will perform.

-The One Who Knocks

Hello all.
intresting team lists we all have listed.
Heres mine for joeys!

1. Lachlan foster
2. Alex Negline
3.John petigton
4.Aurthur greer
5.Cooper Green
6.Johanas logan
7.Matt gough
8.Justice taumoepeau
9.Sam Willis
10.jonty fowler
11. Ethan tombs
12.Ben sleeman
13.Lachlan Cox/Declan Minto
14.Rory O'connor/Kynan Hart
15.Max palmisani

Would love to hear your opinions!

-G and R out
Sam Willis? I am unfamiliar with the name. Is he new to the college?

-Morgan Shields

Does anyone have a few young guns to look out for in round 1?

Hello all.
Heres mine for joeys!

1. Lachlan foster
2. Alex Negline
3.John petigton
4.Aurthur greer
5.Cooper Green
6.Johanas logan
7.Matt gough
8.Justice taumoepeau
9.Sam Willis
10.jonty fowler
11. Ethan tombs
12.Ben sleeman
15.Max palmisani

-G and R out
Anyone else to keep our eyes out for??

- The badger

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Hello all.
Heres mine for joeys!

1. Lachlan foster
2. Alex Negline
3.John petigton
4.Aurthur greer
5.Cooper Green
6.Johanas logan
7.Matt gough
8.Justice taumoepeau
9.Sam Willis
10.jonty fowler
11. Ethan tombs
12.Ben sleeman
15.Max palmisani

-G and R out
Comedy

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
I've had many ideas on a similar concept to this. Due to the GPS competition's long history, I don't think that it should be altered drastically or altered at all for that matter. However, what if there was a combined competition before the GPS comp starts or after it finishes, where all of the independent schools were categorised into divisions based on how strong their 1st XV is, I think that it could open doors to more selection opportunities for representative teams and be a clear mechanism to determine the strongest 1st XV in NSW. For example, in the top division, you'd have schools like Joeys, Knox, Waverly, Scots, Barker, etc.. (all of the strongest rugby schools), then in the second division you'd have teams like St Aloysius, Trinity, Cranbrook, Oakhill, St Augustine's (most likely none of the main 6 GPS rugby schools) and many others, then in the third division you'd have schools like Kinross, Sydney Boys High, Grammar, St Stanislaus, TAS, St Pius, all the way to the weakest rugby schools.

If this combined comp would occur after the main season, depending on how each team performs in their respective comps, that could determine which division they're categorised into, or, if it would be before the main season simply base it off on how the team performed the year prior in their main competition (although you'd have to consider the changing talent each year within teams).

This would involve the GPS, CAS, ISA and CCC. I reckon this could be done similar to how the English Premier League and Football system operates with how the bottom teams get relegated and the top teams in the lower divisions get promoted. This could then determine the best school in NSW each year, which they could go on to play the best team in Queensland, in which a trophy and annual fixture could be created.

Let me know your thoughts.

The Maulester
I wouldnt suggest varying established comps. Waratah Shield used to be a mid week game through the season on top of normal comp

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone else to keep our eyes out for??

- The badger
I'm glad you asked fella....(long sigh)

Cameron stucky (previous 16A's flanker)- Has great ball skills and is a strong ball carrier. could of maybe had some time running on for opens teams. Has developed as a player and really found his rhythm in the 2023 season.

I have no more on my radar as of now but I will keep my eyes out on Saturdays at hunters hill.

On a brighter note...

Predictions for the 16s comp in 2024?
Heard Joeys are looking good this season... Unfortunately losing to Kings 15a, Heard some talk about Hasani Bloomfield with some sort of injury might be a blow for kings rugby, heard Durbridge might be going to 1s and 2s if he put some size on we will have to see.... don't know much info about the other players like Harry Head or Hamish Matthews

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
I believe Kings Will do well because of the pure depth of the younger boys in Kings. With Kings Taking the 15a's premiership undefeated Talon Risati, Hasani Bloomfield, Rennas Oncu, Toby Davies, Connor Durbidge all in top shape. And also the recent success of the UK and France Rugby tour. It is looking good for Kings Rugby In my opinion.

- Regards, FootyHead

From The Taipan
Sorry for the late reply but they have lost all but one from their premiership winning team from last year which will definitely have a profound impact on their program.

-Footyhead

argentinaontop

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard Joeys are looking good this season... Unfortunately losing to Kings 15a, Heard some talk about Hasani Bloomfield with some sort of injury might be a blow for kings rugby, heard Durbridge might be going to 1s and 2s if he put some size on we will have to see.... don't know much info about the other players like Harry Head or Hamish Matthews
Where did you hear about Hasani's injury? Must be recent. Any thoughts on Duke Millward for 16a's number 8 instead of second row toughguy?