• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Excited for the aloysius vs riverview trial match. Looking forward to the brother schools battling it out. Excited to see Riverview 1sts get a shock as this new look aloys team is shaping up to be favorites. Additions including oliver senior, gabe roberts and bert ridding, make this aloys team a real threat.
Is it 1sts v 1sts or is Aloys playing the 3rds?

Gus Riding

Bob McCowan (2)
Is it 1sts v 1sts or is Aloys playing the 3rds?
Riverview is trying to cover it up, and say that aloys 1s will go against view 3s. However this is clearly a hoax setup by GPS in an attempt to hide the embarrassment view will face losing to the "worst" school in CAS. Aloysius will be playing Riverview 1sts. Typical GPS tomfoolery. Up the boys in the red.

Signing off,
Dr Gus

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Given the likes of Knox and Barker have taken to running out their 2's in the second half to avoid a total blowout I'd expect View 3's to probably be too high a level as well unfortunately. Be good to see them turn it around similar to Shore but they've been very public in the view against 'investing' in sporting team development. No one can compete fairly on this tilted playing board these days.

Gus Riding

Bob McCowan (2)
Given the likes of Knox and Barker have taken to running out their 2's in the second half to avoid a total blowout I'd expect View 3's to probably be too high a level as well unfortunately. Be good to see them turn it around similar to Shore but they've been very public in the view against 'investing' in sporting team development. No one can compete fairly on this tilted playing board these days.
Nice attempt at a euphemism there. Yes, we are all aware that aloys has been very poor in recent years, ill be the first too admit but. But this year, do not write off the blue and gold. They would demolish view 3s.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
All of the league boys were excluded from the recent NSW u18s teams
Brial, Walsh included and were involved with Harold Matthew’s.

Firstly, no?

Secondly, I believe he has been playing with an ankle injury a lot (probably through league) & it's gotten to a point where he needs surgery. Apparently, he could play with it for this season, and debated doing so, but chose the right choice to get the surgery and rehab out of the way now.

New backlines could be: (names in bold could be swapped around between the teams)

Most likely: (in my opinion)

12: Fittler. 12: Max Laverty
13: Jaques 13: Fittler
15: Will Johnson. 15: Jaques

Maybe?

12: Mark Nikas
13: Fittler
15: Jaques

Surely not: (slightest chance)

12: Heinz Lemoto

I probably forgot a lot of people. Don't know everyone.
Thanks for the info. Shame for the kid. Enormous talent.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Firstly, no?

Secondly, I believe he has been playing with an ankle injury a lot (probably through league) & it's gotten to a point where he needs surgery. Apparently, he could play with it for this season, and debated doing so, but chose the right choice to get the surgery and rehab out of the way now.

New backlines could be: (names in bold could be swapped around between the teams)

Most likely: (in my opinion)

12: Fittler. 12: Max Laverty
13: Jaques 13: Fittler
15: Will Johnson. 15: Jaques

Maybe?

12: Mark Nikas

Surely not: (slightest chance)

12: Heinz Lemoto

I probably forgot a lot of people. Don't know everyone.
Heinz certainly played in the centres a few years back.

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good day all.

Exciting times as internal trails roll around and we see who are the up and coming dawgs of each school.

Any intel on the younger sides from schools?
I have heard kings 16's will be a strong team, excited to see if it's true!
~G and R

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Good day all.

Exciting times as internal trails roll around and we see who are the up and coming dawgs of each school.

Any intel on the younger sides from schools?
I have heard kings 16's will be a strong team, excited to see if it's true!
~G and R
Expect the top talent from the Kings 16s to play up in Opens as a pretty weak talent pool in classes ‘24 and ‘25.