• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

champ, it doesn't specify wether its this year alone or the school overall. You'd think that if it just says school power rankings then it would be overall would it not?
Considering this is the 2024 forum, and that prior to the power-ranking being posted, discussion was about how the trial matches went for all the GPS schools and what those results may indicate for each schools performance in the GPS season, I wouldn't think it's necessary to mention this is the current power rankings, not all time. I'm aware there's an abundance of 'trolls' on here, but if it was all time even those hooligans would know to put Joeys at the top of a power ranking; a clear juggernaut.

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
TKS 2nd XV team list.

1. Matthews
2. Cammerliri
3. Mana
4. Thiel
5. Bodman
6. Lefebvre
7. Robinson
8. Perret
9. Wilson
10. Taylor
11. Elias
12. Vunipola
13. Stewart
14. Farrah
15. Tregonning

A good lineup against Scots
Line-up filled with youth, will be good to see the development of these younger players through the upcoming years.

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Of course it is .. explain Joey’s then
Joeys has more students playing rugby due to many reasons. The main ones being the general demographic that goes to the school, and the culture of footy there.

Firstly, I'm going to try and say this without getting into trouble, but the students at Joeys are more country boys and more traditional Australian footy-heads. Other schools are generally more diverse, thus leading to a more diverse sport selection.

In addition, the culture at Joeys is primarily around the great game of rugby and their incredible history of success. The school is pretty much known for rugby and parents who send their kids there know this.

Also there would probably be some teasing of kids who don't play footy.

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
Joeys has more students playing rugby due to many reasons. The main ones being the general demographic that goes to the school, and the culture of footy there.

Firstly, I'm going to try and say this without getting into trouble, but the students at Joeys are more country boys and more traditional Australian footy-heads. Other schools are generally more diverse, thus leading to a more diverse sport selection.

In addition, the culture at Joeys is primarily around the great game of rugby and their incredible history of success. The school is pretty much known for rugby and parents who send their kids there know this.

Also there would probably be some teasing of kids who don't play footy.
So it’s the school that dictates the culture

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)
Sawyer isn’t in starting line up this week. Anyone know why?

Thoughts on the GPS 16s games on sat. Some cracking teams playing some good footy.

New vs Joeys
Kings vs Scots
Shore vs View

What's the matchup of the week?
Knock Knock,

Match up for the week would definitely be New vs Joeys with two extremely strong sides who are the two front runners for 1st place. Kings vs Scots will also be a great lineup with kings who were the undefeated team from last year (although now many players up in opens) against a Scots team who last year were greatly impacted by glen Garry. I also am aware of the rivalry between Scots and kings, alike to the opens, a contest fuelled by passion and hatred between the two schools. Shore and Riverview are probably the two weakest sides in the comp.

-The One Who Knocks

keenas

Banned
It’s criminal to be putting Riverview’s viewing over Shore’s. Yes, the grandstand may be far away although, like you said you can stand basically on the sideline of the game if you just go to the far side seating/standing area. I think that gives Shore a little boost above Riverview, spectator and entertainment wise.

TheMaulester
Yes you can go to the far side at View however the sun is very annoying and can be very wet underfoot Shore a lot more comfortable and u don’t need binoculars

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
150 pages before the GPS season has even started. How good!! Hopefully the page stays up for the season and these delinquent schoolboys can steer clear with their smart comments.

Hot tip for you young fellas; Hold back from posting on the forum and focus on your schoolwork.
We have been saying this since 2012 when the first of the delinquent students crashed our sandbox. Here’s hoping.

ItsNotPink

Alfred Walker (16)
3rd XV - Trial 3
With all of the focus on the start of the1st and 2nd competitions this week, the next 3rd XV trial takes a bit of a back seat. Nevertheless here is a quick summary of the match ups. I note that the 3rds trial matches are being played between the same teams as the 1st and 2nd comp games.

Riverview v Shore
What a great match up this will be. View had a close game against St Aloysius 1st XV last week and will be primed for this one at home against an up and coming Shore team. Too close to call so I might stroll down Tambourine Bay Rd to have a look.

Newington v Joeys
New will be looking to show that they deserve a spot in the 3rd XV comp with a good showing against Joeys who had a narrow loss to St Augustine's 2nds last week. Joeys should be able to notch a win on Johnson.

Scots v Kings
Another great match up where the defending premiers take on a young Kings side at Bellevue Hill. I like Scots in this one.

Oakhill 4th XV v High 1st XV
After a big loss against Shore 4ths last week, High will face a similar task against Oakhill 4ths at noon on Damien Oval, and they still appear to be a fair way off being competitive in the 3rd comp which starts on 1 June. I will be watching this result closely.

Grammar 1st XV v Pius 1st XV
Grammar have been going well pre-season but Pius have also notched up some good results over Cranbrook and Trinity. It will be a great game at Rushcutters Bay and I am backing the home team by a small margin.

There will be one more trial on 25 May before the 3rd XV comp starts on 1 June. Good luck to all players.

INP