• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

DylanBrown32

Frank Row (1)
Congratulations to Charlie Ghattas 1st XV like his dad at the age of 16. His father was a real workaholic in the rucks when feet were used. I have seen the young fella play and he is one tough cattledog pup.

Dear Mr Joker,

I agree, huge congratulations to Charlie Ghattas. Speaking of his father Nick, who do you reckon has the wider neck. I'm backing charlie on this one.

Regards,
Dylan

TheMaulester

Sydney Middleton (9)
As an ex-Shore student, my heart swells with pride as I anticipate our team's showdown with St. Ignatius this Saturday. Let's harness that indomitable Shore spirit, rallying behind our players with unwavering support and fervent cheers. With determination and grit, we'll strive for victory, leaving it all on the field. Every pass, every shot, every tackle each moment a testament to our dedication and unity. Together, as a community bound by blue and white, we'll forge ahead, chasing glory and seizing triumph. This Saturday, let's paint the town with the colors of victory. Go Shore!
You're previous comments wouldn't indicate so... clearly an Ignatius supporter. As Agent said, "more likely someone pumping up Shore's tyres and hoping Shore will fail!!". Lets keep the 'keyboard warrior' activities absent from this thread tomorrow so students (who I assume are typing the array of troll messages), can brew up enough loathe (I mean that as a joke) for their opponents come Saturday (instead of 'discretely' disclosing it on this thread) that it will provide extra aggression and subsequently intensity which can hopefully counteract the oncoming rain this weekend of preventing games from being very exciting as the rain is likely to hinder expansive play due to muddy conditions (especially at the Swamp - seems like the Riverview grounds men can't catch a break).

The Chairman

Jim Clark (26)
You're previous comments wouldn't indicate so... clearly an Ignatius supporter. As Agent said, "more likely someone pumping up Shore's tyres and hoping Shore will fail!!". Lets keep the 'keyboard warrior' activities absent from this thread tomorrow so students (who I assume are typing the array of troll messages), can brew up enough loathe (I mean that as a joke) for their opponents come Saturday (instead of 'discretely' disclosing it on this thread) that it will provide extra aggression and subsequently intensity which can hopefully counteract the oncoming rain this weekend of preventing games from being very exciting as the rain is likely to hinder expansive play due to muddy conditions (especially at the Swamp - seems like the Riverview grounds men can't catch a break).
1715855729052.png

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Dear Mr Joker,

I agree, huge congratulations to Charlie Ghattas. Speaking of his father Nick, who do you reckon has the wider neck. I'm backing charlie on this one.

Regards,
Dylan
Never speak Ill of another Joeboy especially those who can snap you. Nick is a good man.

saladsdon'twinscrums

Bob McCowan (2)
I have heard watson is a lethal weapon in the centres, with quite a strong right hand. Hopefully watto gets some time in the ones. In the CAS, Fletcher Gill has been playing 10 for Cranbrook to Smythe's dismay, with a strong performance against an in form st Patricks side. He is the real deal, and contrary to popular belief he 'is the man'.

Regards,

Mugabe
I would be very intrigued to see a Cranbrook 1st XV vs View if anyone can second this I don't believe its ever happened. However I do wish if it was to ever happen it would be this year. I hear that View vs Cranbrook touch was quite fiesty so I believe the same would happen in a real rugby code. Also I have heard the Butler/Watson duo would have a great crack against Gill.

I would be very intrigued to see a Cranbrook 1st XV vs View if anyone can second this I don't believe its ever happened. However I do wish if it was to ever happen it would be this year. I hear that View vs Cranbrook touch was quite fiesty so I believe the same would happen in a real rugby code. Also I have heard the Butler/Watson duo would have a great crack against Gill.
First issue with this, is that Watto has to make the 1st XV, this matchup would be a monumental feat for both teams. However, I think Cranbrook would get over the line, because Fletcher Gill 'is the man'. Charlie Watson normally has to get helped by his stronger teammates such as Connor Dempsey to win games. Seeing Watto do something without any help would be a great sight. But I honestly don't think it will happen.

Regards,

Mugabe

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
There’s couple under rated players in the Shore side I haven’t heard much talk about. Lewis Kingdom in my opinion has been one of Shore unsung heroes.

His ability to chop tackle attackers much larger than him is quite impressive. Yet, he is mostly overlooked when looking at the Shore team’s dominance in the trail matches.

He also has a quite unique skill set in attack as he easily can do a couple dummy’s and step and bang he is away (as seen in the Knox game).

I’ve been quite surprised there hasn’t been much talk about this young blokes potential this season. Definitely keep your eyes open for him against View this weekend.

TheMaulester
With Respect @themaulster after i corrected you that two tries you attributed to Lewis Kingdom were actually scored by Charlie Francis, id remind you to drill down on the results from the Shore V Knox game if there is one kid that has flown under the radar. He's the kid that actually got across the Chalk line twice against Knox. I believe Charlie Francis is in year 10 or 11 he played Presidents Second XV and from there he was elevated to NSW Under 16 Schoolboys as a direct result of his performance in the Presidents 2nd XV.

A forth generation Shore boy from Forbes. The current 5/8 from Shore has been mentioned ad nauseam on this thread for getting across the chalk twice v Knox, Francis remains almost unnamed for the same feat - @TheMaulester if you want to talk about extreme talent going under the radar at Shore, watch this kid that actually got over the chalk twice ......... he is next level.

The Fun Buss

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey there,

Forgot your lived in my body!! Looks like we've got a bit of a mix-up! I'm all for supporting Ignatius, but it seems you've got the wrong idea about my personal history. While I may have voiced some opinions in favor of Ignatius, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm not a Shore alum myself. Remember, just because I rank Ignatius at the top doesn't discount any personal ties or experiences I might have had with Shore. Cheers.

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
With Respect @themaulster after i corrected you that two tries you attributed to Lewis Kingdom were actually scored by Charlie Francis, id remind you to drill down on the results from the Shore V Knox game if there is one kid that has flown under the radar. He's the kid that actually got across the Chalk line twice against Knox. I believe Charlie Francis is in year 10 or 11 he played Presidents Second XV and from there he was elevated to NSW Under 16 Schoolboys as a direct result of his performance in the Presidents 2nd XV.

A forth generation Shore boy from Forbes. The current 5/8 from Shore has been mentioned ad nauseam on this thread for getting across the chalk twice v Knox, Francis remains almost unnamed for the same feat - @TheMaulester if you want to talk about extreme talent going under the radar at Shore, watch this kid that actually got over the chalk twice ......... he is next level.
Charlie Francis - Forbes, correct. Forth (sic) generation? Stop making it up (again). Dad, Peter, played in the centres in the powerful Knox 1995 side. You used to make sense, RH. Has someone stolen your identity?

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is there a updated full roster (including bench) for the upcoming Scots 7ths vs the Smirnoff 7ths?
Scots 7ths:

1.Pierre Schoeman
2. George Turner
3.Zander Fagerson
4.Richie Gray
5.Scott Cummings
6.Luke Crosbie
7.Jamie Ritchie (VC)
8.Matt Fagerson
9.Ben White
10.Finn Russell (C)
11.Duhan van der Merwe
12. Nicholas Cleary
13. Joe Simpson
14. Rajeev Phyrisirikul
15. Aaron Woods

Very early start but a very anticipated game as I am told.

OneMaulStepForMan

Stan Wickham (3)
Finally found my log in, technology is a lot more advanced these days :mad:

I'm excited to see the match up between St Ignatius and Shore this weekend. Shore looking strong with the two 3 year 1st XV veterans (If I'm not mistaken) Ollie Mackellar on the wing and Marshall Lemaitre.

Good luck to all teams this weekend.

OneMaulStepForMan

Stan Wickham (3)
My personal strongest GPS lineup

15. Leo Jacques
14. Ollie Mackellar
13. Baxter Warner
12. Henry Conick
11. Tom Hartman
10. Max Mason
9. Ed Carter
8. Phoenix Graham