• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcsy

Sydney Middleton (9)
Having spoken to people in the know, there is definitely no West Harbour connection and they are both paying fees, themselves. Everybody knows that a number of schools bring in rugby talent one way or another but when the accusations start getting silly then nobody is done any favours. Sorry to get off topic, but just need to kill the direction of the thread.

T

The Blindside

Big game on Tuesday up at Knox, Knox are playing Newington in 1sts, 2nds and all A grades. The schedule is:

Gillespie 1:
10am - 13A's
11am - 14A's
Noon - 15A's

Knox 1:
11am - 16A's
Noon - 2nds
1:15pm - 1sts

Obviously Newington will be strong in the 1sts, but what will they be like in the other age groups?

Newington had convincing wins in the 16A's and the 2nds.

The New 1sts were very scrappy and underdone in their first trial of the year and were in front with 10 minutes to go. Knox finished strongly over the top of a tiring Newington team in the last 10 minutes to win by (about) 27-17

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Newington had convincing wins in the 16A's and the 2nds.

The New 1sts were very scrappy and underdone in their first trial of the year and were in front with 10 minutes to go. Knox finished strongly over the top of a tiring Newington team in the last 10 minutes to win by (about) 27-17

final score was 22-19, try in the final minute won knox the game

B

baldingwingforward

Anyone see the Shore vs Cranbrook game yesterday? I heard that Shore won pretty easy 37-7 or similar, just wondering if anyone watched it and can comment on any of the players from either team?

My sources tell me that Shore were pretty impressive...

F

Finland Fella

OK, I've found ... Cranbrook v Grammar,
Kinross v Newington
Newington 2ndXV v High 1stXV,
Riverview v Waverley,
Shore - internal trials
Scots - internal trials
Kings - internal trials
Knox v Joey's (Monday night)

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Anyone see the Shore vs Cranbrook game yesterday? I heard that Shore won pretty easy 37-7 or similar, just wondering if anyone watched it and can comment on any of the players from either team?

My sources tell me that Shore were pretty impressive...

Watching the game i thought it was close early on but shore then started to dominate. My player of the match would have been the shore number 13 followed closely by their number 12. They both ran good lines and were strong on defence.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

regarding CTPE's query earlier about a potential kings 1st XV:

1. Brister (2nd XV)
2. Jones (2nd XV)
3. Cameron (3rd XV)
4. Greentree (2nd XV)
5. Koster (2nd XV)
6. Moylan (16As)
7. Hall (2nd XV)
8. Vilimaa (2nd XV)
9. Prater (16As)
10. Wylie (16As)
11. Foketi (New)
12. ?
13. Stokes (2nd XV)
14. Behne Smith (1st XV)
15. Atallah (2nd XV)

team listed next to their names is the team they were in last year. this list is just complete speculation and i am unaware of the actual trial 1st and 2nd XV teams at Kings.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks QCF. Thought their rep players at last years U16 Nationals Harry Randell and Andrew Ferris might have figured in the team? Also that big unit who plays fullback - (Tourish?). Is Vilmaa the likely captain?

Noticed from Finland Fella's post that King's were having internal trials today.. did they happen with the weather?

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Thanks QCF. Thought their rep players at last years U16 Nationals Harry Randell and Andrew Ferris might have figured in the team? Also that big unit who plays fullback - (Tourish?). Is Vilmaa the likely captain?

Noticed from Finland Fella's post that King's were having internal trials today.. did they happen with the weather?

i just checked the kings website. it says all football and rugby is off, but 1st and 2nd XV meet at their sports center. not sure if they were actually training or just doing fitness.

As for those two players you mentioned, I believe Ferris and Prater both play the same position so I can only see Ferris making the 2nd XV. As for Randall, I suppose he could make it. He is a very good player, with excellent fitness, but I'm not sure if he is big enough to compete at the top level given his position. There was criticism here last year that Tom Connor was too small, and Hall is smaller than him and Randall is even smaller than Hall. I would place him in the 2nd XV for now, but we'll see when the trials with other schools actually start who will be in the team.

EDIT: Forgot about the other two players you mentioned. I would say yes that Vilimaa is the likely captain. Tourish is big, strong, fast and good at rugby but I don't see him getting ahead of Atallah at fullback. Though he has played various other positions before so he could figure in the team. Maybe he could fill out the number 12 position I left blank?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks QCF. I'm assuming from what's been posted that Kings haven't had any external trials to date? Just internal trials?

Q

QuadeCooperFan

that is correct.

i am very much looking forward to Kings vs Newington next Saturday. After what happened last year, it would be nice to see how these two teams match up to each other.

F

Finland Fella

"Sydney Grammar have been quietly building up to something for 45 years now and 2011 could just see all this hard work come to a glorious fruition – if that is to be the case however, the history books will record a particularly tardy start – for Cranbrook ran out handy 37-22 victors."
- 3.15 GPS Rugby blog

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
Newington played High in yesterdays trial match. Newington dominated, but it was good to see an enthusiastic and well spirited High team. Newington made many subs during the match, particularly in the forwards, trying to give as many guys a run as possible. This made it hard to judge how cohesive the team was, but some promising signs this early on. Some Newington players who stood out include no.8, no.14 and no.12 (no names for you unfortunately).

F

Finland Fella

Newington played High in yesterdays trial match. Newington dominated, but it was good to see an enthusiastic and well spirited High team. Newington made many subs during the match, particularly in the forwards, trying to give as many guys a run as possible. This made it hard to judge how cohesive the team was, but some promising signs this early on. Some Newington players who stood out include no.8, no.14 and no.12 (no names for you unfortunately).

Wasn't it the New 2nd XV - I was led to believe the Ones were playing Kinross.

chaz

Stan Wickham (3)
New 1st xv - High 1st xv
New 2nd xv - Kinross 1st xv
New 4th xv - High 2nd xv

This is the information on the NC website.

F

Finland Fella

New 1st xv - High 1st xv
New 2nd xv - Kinross 1st xv
New 4th xv - High 2nd xv

This is the information on the NC website.

Thanks Chaz - if I'd have cottoned on to that earlier I'D have gone along to watch... I'm sure it read differently last week.
Or just maybe my facalties are heading a little toward the surreal side of scatty ?????????????????????????????????????

must concentrate harder ! must concentrate harder !
must concentrate harder ! must concentrate harder !
must concentrate harder ! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.