• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Sorry, I must have missed the disclaimer about #373 being tounge in cheek, or did I? and then 5 replies later the above appears. Simple question - says fu&cking who? Back it up with a logical argument. Not some bullshit around the result of a trial game. Good luck trying.

Asked him to simply elaborate and receive a ludicrous explanation in a condescending reply. You may not think it shows any rugby superiority issues but its not the way I see it. He's big enough to put out an opinion, lets see him justify it intelligently on his own.

No need to be so combative mate. If you decide to go into every argument all guns blazing you won't last long here.

The reply was logical and not condescending. He justified it. It may not be to your liking, but as I said that's your problem. Let it go and get on with the discussion of GPS 2012. This is the end of it.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
i didn't ask who the sources were, but how reliable they were?

Well there was no Spanish Inquisition on my part but as I've known them both for a while I have no reason to doubt what they respectively told me.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
check the results of joeys in the 2012 head of the river, clearly competitive to other GPS schools. Joeys are competitive in every sport of the GPS

The stats tell a different story - Joeys last won the Senior Athletics in 1999 (and the Junior in 1991), Basketball in 1991, Shooting - never going back to 1923 (perhaps they don't do it?), Rowing HOTR 1st VIII in 1973, Tennis - never, Cross Country in 1999 and Soccer in 1997.

Indeed other than their rugby successes and winning the swimming in 2007 (their only win) and Cricket in 2010, the last 12 years has been pretty barren for Joeys. Riverview have been by far the most consistently successful GPS school in all sports in that time frame followed by Kings.

Even in terms of rugby, Joeys once almighty dominance has been in decline - in the last 15 years they have won only 6 first XV titles compared to View's 5 and King's 7 (all include joint premierships). In the previous 15 years they had won 12 of the 15 titles (including joint premierships)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Why ????? They're only paid to keep em in that particular game - either league or union/ or at that particular club - it's all just an investment in the future of whichever code.
Why make these elite athletes more elite than they need to be by banning them from playing with their schoolmates.
Disagree wholeheartedly IS.
they're not schoolmates in the traditional sense that the presence of a talented player is serendipitous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Well done Baabaa, back to the footy...

It seems that View has secured the easiest draw, having only Joey's away and the rest of the serious contenders at home. They also seem to have a strong pack like last year. Does anyone have an insight into their backline? last year I thought their backs were hopeless apart from their 10...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That's how it works. Report a post if you think it's a problem. We don't hang around in here waiting for shitfights, but if it is reported, it alerts one of us to have a look. It doesn't mean we will automatically take action, but it will be looked at.

H

HarveyColon

What is the problem with Stewart and Tepai? Stewart is only 18 this year always been one of those year young guys. Tepai will only be 16 throughout the whole GPS comp turns 17 late in the year. So how is it unfair??

How can jim stewart be turning 18- it was said earlier in the thread that he was in his second year of pathways. I can't imagine that he would be 2 years younger than everyone else. Seriously, if I was told he was a twenty year old i would believe it. Secondly, if you type in taane milne on myspace it says he is 19. correct me if im wrong.....but if it were true then how is that fair to any other player who at best is 17 turning 18.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
How can jim stewart be turning 18- it was said earlier in the thread that he was in his second year of pathways. I can't imagine that he would be 2 years younger than everyone else. Seriously, if I was told he was a twenty year old i would believe it. Secondly, if you type in taane milne on myspace it says he is 19. correct me if im wrong.....but if it were true then how is that fair to any other player who at best is 17 turning 18.

HC thats how it works! He is in the second year of pathways. Pathways is year 12 over 2 years. He was a year young all through school (not unheard of) was 12 years old in year 7 when everyone else was 13. So in year 12 2011 everyone else was 18 while Jim was 17. Now in his second year of pathways in 2012 he is 18.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
where are you Barbarian?

In Orange as it happened. As much as it may seem hard to believe, I don't actually hang around here 24 hours a day. Once every six months I take the weekend off. This weekend was that weekend, what are the chances?

As has been said already, if you have an issue with something hit the 'report' button and a mod will have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.