• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Finland Fella

Get over it Guys! Tepai does not have a broken ankle , leg, neck or any other issue!:)
Have the good oil straight from the boarding house!

Yeah, he was listed to play in the 2nd row for the Eels SG Ball side last night against the Roosters ... mind you I noticed Joey Lussick was missing ???

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
My research suggests they are.
Kids who have been paid to play either code should not be eligible to play schoolboy rugby union.

H

HarveyColon

Exactly, and I also think it is unfair to have pathways people running around out there aka jim stewart. Can only imagine how him and tepai will pump schools like grammar probably killing their opponent in the process

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Ive found it surprisingly sympathetic to grammar....there are few more outraged about rugby at grammar than rugby lovers with a connection to the school in my experience.

Hence my outrage at the missing post. Someone must have thought it was from an outsider. Most are completely ?,:&@@$$$ed off at where SGS rugby has gone.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
HarveyColon, just curious why you think pathways kids shouldn't be playing schoolboys? They still have to be within the age limit (ie. no older than 18), so why should it count against them?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Exactly, and I also think it is unfair to have pathways people running around out there aka jim stewart. Can only imagine how him and tepai will pump schools like grammar probably killing their opponent in the process

Depends - I guess my unioncentric view is that if youre playing SG Ball you're probably going to play league. Also and i know i cant mention the "s" word it kind of makes you wonder what theyre doing at the or any school - seems they fancy a career in professional rugby of one sort or another.
the pathways thing is a bit different because i think it acknowledges the primacy of school.
this all comes back to my pet subject of it being ridiculous to organise 7 different school system rugby comps that seldom play each other with smattering of oz schoolboys and similar who get 3 hard comp games if their lucky.
the elite need to be playing against each other week in week out - as do the not so elite - and that cant be done by reference to 19th century notions of GPS, CAS, ISA, CCC, CHS etc.
Here endeth the lesson.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The elite do play against each other each week - its called GPS.
I assume thats a troll...as I said they play 3 competitive games - at the moment Scots seem to be putting an effort into rugby but historically they are underperformers as are Riverview and newington.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I assume thats a troll...as I said they play 3 competitive games - at the moment Scots seem to be putting an effort into rugby but historically they are underperformers as are Riverview and newington.

Historically all the schools in GPS were underperformers bar Joey's in the GPS competition... Isn't it 50 odd premierships in the past 100 years?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The gps has passed its use by date.
Vested interest and incompetence will mean that the ARU does nothing to replace it as a source for players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
but the GPS isn't just about rugby, it has been around for over 100 years and wasn't made to feature the 8 elite rugby schools. The GPS will never expand, nor should it. The more realistic option is for more trial games against strong opposition like HSHS, St Augstines and a few CAS schools. Even so 4 or 5 of the top 10 schoolboy sides each year come from the GPS competition and thats a fact.

H

HarveyColon

back on what was said before about pathways, I thought Jim Stewart was 19 already

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
The GPS don't allow players to play if they turn 19 that year, so Jim Stewart must be young for his year. The HSC Pathways program is open to pretty much anybody (lots of kids do it for health reasons or whatever) but Stewart couldn't play for Scots if he was over 18 so would defeat the purpose of him doing the HSC over two years.

It's not that long ago when kids would repeat Year 12 two or three times so they could play firsts (with no age barriers)? Some of them looked like they could have been married with kids.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)

What is the problem with Stewart and Tepai? Stewart is only 18 this year always been one of those year young guys. Tepai will only be 16 throughout the whole GPS comp turns 17 late in the year. So how is it unfair??

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
What is the problem with Stewart and Tepai? Stewart is only 18 this year always been one of those year young guys. Tepai will only be 16 throughout the whole GPS comp turns 17 late in the year. So how is it unfair??
is Tepai playing 16s this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.