• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeartbeatWarfare

Yes I don't believe that Bowdwitch is anyone near the standard required to make it into that very physical and prominent view pack

H

HeartbeatWarfare

Not to Mention mete And Lyons, deadly combo in the outside backs

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
news from joeys is that young front rower Marcus Cutler will be trialling for opens this year. he was a member on the NSW 15s team last year and could be a bolter for 1s.

P

proteinshakes

GPS selections are going to be very interesting this year as there really is a great wealth of talent to choose from. I'll toss up the below suggestions for comment:

1. Robertson (J) or Bateman (K) or Streeter (E)
  2. Barker (I) or Vea (N) or ??
  3. Sandell (J) or Kelly (I) or Ahosivi (N)
  4. Rorke (I) or Matson (K) or Hardy (J)
  5. Schwagger (J) or Cannell (N) or Prassas (N)
  6. Dempsey (I) or Goldie (J) or Moylan (K)
  7. Murphy (J) or McCalman (K) or Morris (N)
  8. Vassilis (N) or Kamp (S) or Whitely (I)
  9. Curtain (J) or Davis (K) or Lussick (N)
  10. Horwitz (S) or Deegan (J) or Tulloch (K)
  11. Redden (I) or Vlahos (N) or Rollins (E)
  12. Stewart (S) or Foketi (K) or Kay (J)
  13. Barclay (J) or Moeroa (N) or Frost (S)
  14. Pople (N) or Tourish (K) or Milne (N)
  15. Kellaway (S) or Jones (K) or Wilde (J)
I've put in three selections per position and would expect to see a fair smattering of these names in the GPS 1s, 2s and 3s - biggest struggle was with hooker as only two really stood out to me. (I haven't seen a suggested Scots forward pack put up yet and there are a couple of other players there in Colby Hawkins and Jamaine Crossley who might be contenders if they are in Scots firsts).

Is Jones (K) a definite for Kings 1sts? Would he be possibly playing any other position than fullback?

Fitzpatrick would be another contender for the hooker position. I would suggest that Pulver from Shore should not be overlooked for the halfback postion. Had a solid game couple of games in the 1s , especially against Newington as well as scoring a few try's throughout the season for both the Shore 1sts and 2nds and definitely fufilled his role as he filled in for Merriman due to injury. Bucklings season in the 1sts with a blinder against Scots in a narrow defeat demonstrated his strong capability in the back row also.

FootyForever

Stan Wickham (3)
My Opinion on View 1sts. Lots of competition around half and back three.

1 Barker
2 Hosea/Hunt
3 Kelly/Barnes
4 Rorke
5 Cutler
6 Whiteley
7 May
8 Dempsey
9 Kennedy/May/C Freeman
10 Redden
11 Tooth/Molloy/B Freeman/Mete/Condon
12 Lyons
13 Gerrey-Burgess
14 Tooth/Molloy/B Freeman/Mete/Condon
15 B Freeman/Mete/Condon

H

HarveyColon

no forwards returning from last year........it will be interesting to see how they cope there. Shore may be a chance at winning this one.

secondly, Why is Tepai breaking his ankle significant. by the time the season starts in half a year i think that will have been enough time for it to heal anyway.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
1. Leslie
2. Crosbey
3. Stantifort
4. Hawkins
7. Simmons
8. Camp
9. Locke/Short
10. Horwitz
11. Rayner
12. Stweart
13. Frost
14. Holmes
15. Kellaway

Thought Matt Craft may have been a good chance of partenering Stewart in the centres or at the least have grabbed a spot on the wing?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
no forwards returning from last year........it will be interesting to see how they cope there. Shore may be a chance at winning this one.

secondly, Why is Tepai breaking his ankle significant. by the time the season starts in half a year i think that will have been enough time for it to heal anyway.

Scot's 16As forward pack from last year was a pretty good so I'd expect most of them will need to step up.

As for Tepai it depends on whether it's a fracture or a break and which of the many bones in the ankle are actualy affected and to what extent. Whilst broken ankles generally take 6-8 weeks to heal it can be quite a few months after that before a return to full sports activitiy particularly contact sport.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Get over it Guys! Tepai does not have a broken ankle , leg, neck or any other issue!:)
Have the good oil straight from the boarding house!

R

rugbyj

Who will take 1st place in 2nds, 3rds and under 16s considering 3rds are a GPS team?

R

rugbyj

who is the best in the 15s? I know that last year scots had a few star players such as Max Girdler, however in the one game i saw them play against a Shore team that only won one game. This is a similar story with newington, however riverview seem to have a few big names such as Jack macgregor, Henry Hutchinson dont know much about Joeys or kings? Just wondering for the future

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
who is the best in the 15s? I know that last year scots had a few star players such as Max Girdler, however in the one game i saw them play against a Shore team that only won one game. This is a similar story with newington, however riverview seem to have a few big names such as Jack macgregor, Henry Hutchinson dont know much about Joeys or kings? Just wondering for the future
Joeys won it last year, Newington second. Henry Hutchinson is a great player, ruthless in defence. May have had a chance to play opens if he was playing with his year group.

Status
Not open for further replies.