• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I didnt think to ask - I will - I assume ASADA because the GPS were up in arms when they tried to test at the head of the river

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IIRC they lacked jurisdiction to test underage amateur athletes without parental permission but happy to be corrected.

So they would have parental permission......that makes sense: as I recall that HOR test was completely out of the blue, in more than a merely random way: they just swooped and no one had ever considered the issue.
Is it open to the view that there has been some use of stuff and the schools now think they need to call in the big boys?

H

HarveyColon

drug testing should be made madatory for any 1st xv. If you think about it, the elite gps schools excluding high and grammar are recruiting and training like a proffesional team so I am of the opinion that they should be tested like professionals. if anyone tested positive then whether the school is to blame or not is another issue ie if they supplied the drugs to the students. drugs are bad mkayyy........

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
drug testing should be made madatory for any 1st xv. If you think about it, the elite gps schools excluding high and grammar are recruiting and training like a proffesional team so I am of the opinion that they should be tested like professionals. if anyone tested positive then whether the school is to blame or not is another issue ie if they supplied the drugs to the students. drugs are bad mkayyy........

Despite my overwhelming cynicism about some shool's recruiting policy I'm prepared to believe that no school would knowingly provide students with drugs.
I say knowingly because some of these supplements must be dodgy: Robbie odavis case!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
People, the only reason why athletes can be drug tested is that they agree to it - typically, when you register to take part in a competition, there will be a provision on the registration form that says that you consent to being tested (or that you consent to the competition rules or by-laws that allow testing). In order for a school competition to permit testing, the players (or their parents when the players are under 18) would need to provide that consent. Whether the schools have taken any steps to procure that consent, I don't know. Without it, nothing can happen.

H

HarveyColon

can anyone confirm or disprove the rumours that high have recruited and are a strong team?

N

Next Marshall

Sounds promising for Shore as the Trinity pack is is quite highly rated with plenty of rep players like Junior Satiu, Cam Orr, Jackson McLean, Malaki Afele and Vince Moresello to name but a few (and assuming that they played)

trinity were missin both there wingers one that was cas 1sts last year and the other runs 100m just shy over 11 seconds as well as their outside who has just finished his sg ball season in league...shore were cmopettivie but wont be a force in gps

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
can anyone confirm or disprove the rumours that high have recruited and are a strong team?

rumours like this come up each year, i doubt it as high have entered there first XV in the thirds competition which will know be contested properly as 1sts and 2nds are

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Who's is this Josh Clark lad? Sounds fast... What is the GPS opens record for 100m and who holds it?

Status
Not open for further replies.