• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
who is it - not Harry Jones - he's the one with the schwarzenegger quads?????
he is the NGS or whatever it is.

If you want to see an effortless runner (who thankfully is not too keen on rugby) have a look at L Stenmark

How about the 1957 Open long jump record - 54 years later.....and it couldnt have been set at altitude

H

HarveyColon

it is josh clarke and no he doesn't play rugby.

open shot put on the weekend was quite enthralling to watch out at homebush in the afternoon. Dempsey and cutler from view were impressive not to mention Bowditch who threw well for a 16 year old. scots threw well too with a couple of big fellas in the mix such as hunt and leslie. robertson from joeys was good too. runs like a piggy....but really fast and finally, alexander and bishop fro grammar threw ok but unfortunately bishop was upstaged by a lanky schoolmate.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just getting in a week early:

12 May - Trial 1
Internal trials for Shore, St Ignatius and Scots
St Josephs v Oakhill
Newington v Kinross
Grammar v St Patricks
High v St Pius X
Kings v St Stanislaus

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
it is josh clarke and no he doesn't play rugby.

open shot put on the weekend was quite enthralling to watch out at homebush in the afternoon. Dempsey and cutler from view were impressive not to mention Bowditch who threw well for a 16 year old. scots threw well too with a couple of big fellas in the mix such as hunt and leslie. robertson from joeys was good too. runs like a piggy....but really fast and finally, alexander and bishop fro grammar threw ok but unfortunately bishop was upstaged by a lanky schoolmate.
It was a lot closer competition than the 17s shot which Tepai won by over 5 metres, breaking the old record by just shy of 3 metres.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
With athletics over the rugby season has offically began. The pick of the first trial games looks like Joeys vs Oakhill, Oakhill are coming off a win over Knox and are very confident about beating Joeys who will have only had a weeks training with there full strength and may be without some key players. Don't think a GPS side has won a trial game yet ?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was thinking lately the GPS schools should have a 'sevens' season to run concurrently with athletics...giving non-athletes some fitness and skills upgrade etc ... plus keep them busy on the weekends before the rugby season starts proper...

stonecutter

Chris McKivat (8)
With athletics over the rugby season has offically began. The pick of the first trial games looks like Joeys vs Oakhill, Oakhill are coming off a win over Knox and are very confident about beating Joeys who will have only had a weeks training with there full strength and may be without some key players. Don't think a GPS side has won a trial game yet ?

R2
I think you are slightly off the mark here. Oakhill are aware of the traditions of St Josephs rugby and respect them without neccessarily fearing them having had some success in age group games . The confidence you allude to is not about defeating Joeys but in their ability to give a good account of themselves against all opponents and are eager to test themselves this saturday in what should be a very attractive game of rugby.

I

International Badboy

I know this is GPS but does anyone know the name of the Oakhill 8, saw him play against knox two weeks ago, very impressed with his play, physical and also smart

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know this is GPS but does anyone know the name of the Oakhill 8, saw him play against knox two weeks ago, very impressed with his play, physical and also smart
Oakhill #8 is Ash Goddard. Played 1sts last year in the 2nd row, looks like he is enjoying playing as a "loosey" this year. Agree with Stonecutter that Oakhill are not "very confident" of beating Joeys. They are appreciative of the opportunity to test themselves against this GPS powerhouse and know that despite Joeys lacking match practice they will be fit, talented across the park and well coached/structured.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
R2
I think you are slightly off the mark here. Oakhill are aware of the traditions of St Josephs rugby and respect them without neccessarily fearing them having had some success in age group games . The confidence you allude to is not about defeating Joeys but in their ability to give a good account of themselves against all opponents and are eager to test themselves this saturday in what should be a very attractive game of rugby.

Merely stating what i've heard and wasn't implying they were arrogant or cocky about the game. Sorry for the confusion.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Have Auggies not played Joeys over the past few years in trials? Are they playing this year or have Scots take on that slot?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
This time last year Augs were set to play in Japan for the Sanix tournament, thus Joeys played Oakhill. So it's probably fairer to say that Oakhill have taken up that slot.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Merely stating what i've heard and wasn't implying they were arrogant or cocky about the game. Sorry for the confusion.
The vibes from Oakhill appeared to be they are more interested to see how their junior teams stack up against Joeys. In previous years, Oakhill shared the fixture with Stannies, so Oakhill A's would play Joey's B's , Oakhill B's vs Joeys D's etc. This year it will be A's vs A's, B's vs B's etc. It will be a real benchmark to see how they go across all ages, not just their 1st XV.

I

International Badboy

Oakhill #8 is Ash Goddard. Played 1sts last year in the 2nd row, looks like he is enjoying playing as a "loosey" this year. Agree with Stonecutter that Oakhill are not "very confident" of beating Joeys. They are appreciative of the opportunity to test themselves against this GPS powerhouse and know that despite Joeys lacking match practice they will be fit, talented across the park and well coached/structured
Rate him quite highly, will be interesting to see how he matches up against Goldie. also interesting to see how the more match experienced side will go against Joeys in their first hit out. for me the difference will be if Oakhill show their experience in the latter stages of each half when joeys usually use their superior fitness to run teams into the ground.

Is it also true oak hill are 6 from 6?

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
More like 2 from 2 than 6 from 6 for Oakhill this year. Started the year with a trial against Aloys in a game that was part 2ndXV and part 1stXV - scoreline flattered Oakhill due to weakness of Aloys twos. Had 3 pretty easy wins on their Sth American tour - 1 in Chile & 2 in Argentina where they weren't tested to any great degree. The victories over Barker & Knox were good efforts though with the team showing great spirit to get the wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.