• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Finland Fella

Having seen footage of that try at Stanmore and then watching him in the slosh against Shore - reckon that big Scots left winger (not sure of his politics) will be hard to keep out of the rep teams.

J

Jackson Smith

After watching the joeys vs new game, as an unbiased supporter with no connections to either schools ( im a scots old boy) the joeys forward pack will have to improve greatly to become a successful team in 2012, the new pack seemed to dominant with outstanding and physical defense throughout the game, should see a few rep players from the new forward pack.

D

Dysfunctional Son

After watching the joeys vs new game, as an unbiased supporter with no connections to either schools ( im a scots old boy) the joeys forward pack will have to improve greatly to become a successful team in 2012, the new pack seemed to dominant with outstanding and physical defense throughout the game, should see a few rep players from the new forward pack.
If they can stay on the paddock, that is.

Goldrush

Frank Row (1)
I disagree, will be very surprised if Deegan doesn't push Horwitz for GPS 1sts selection. Whoever makes the 1's out of them will make Schoolboys in my opinion
I also disagree, although the last 2 games Deegan has looked abit lost without Curtain passing to him. On Sat in the 2nds Curtain in my opinion had the best pass in GPS by a country mile and it was wet and heavy. I think Lee Grant mentioned it in an earlier thread. He seems to give Deegan those few extra metres to work with. His running game was not quite 100% but i was told he has had a niggling Quad strain and he was just testing it out. His defence was solid. The quicker they bring Curtain back the quicker Deegan will get back to form and would Def be GPS rep material, not sure about school boys, and the Joeys backs will start to flow. Not to say the other 1/2 back is not good, he just didnt get the backs flowing.

G

gps guru

I also disagree, although the last 2 games Deegan has looked abit lost without Curtain passing to him. On Sat in the 2nds Curtain in my opinion had the best pass in GPS by a country mile and it was wet and heavy. I think Lee Grant mentioned it in an earlier thread. He seems to give Deegan those few extra metres to work with. His running game was not quite 100% but i was told he has had a niggling Quad strain and he was just testing it out. His defence was solid. The quicker they bring Curtain back the quicker Deegan will get back to form and would Def be GPS rep material, not sure about school boys, and the Joeys backs will start to flow. Not to say the other 1/2 back is not good, he just didnt get the backs flowing.
Yes Curtin does combine well with Deegan, but Ben Rogers is also a player to think about. Has played 15 the last few weeks for the Joeys 2's, but was a standout in the 1st game vs Oakhill. Has the potential to make schoolboys at either 9 or 15, just needs an opportunity

K

KerserOne

Predictions for GPS 1's

1: Piggy Robertson (C) (J)
2: Vea (N)
3: Carolan (J)
4: Rorke (R)
5: O' Donnahue (J)
6: Goldie (J)
7: Murphy (J)
8: Whitely (R)
9: Makasini (J)
10: Kay (J)
11: Wilde (J)
12: Stewart (S)
13: Tepai (N)
14: Pople (N)
15: Kellaway (S)

Prediction For 2's

1. Pryor - Lees (N)
2. Heffernan (J)
3. Sandel (J)
4. Cutler (R)
5. Ollie Bartlett (N)
6. Dempsey (R)
7. Watts (J)
8. Randel (K)
9. Rodgers (J)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Rollins (E)
12. Milne (N)
13. Foketi (K)
14. Cleary (J)
15. Deegan (J)

Prediction For 3's

1. Ahosivi (N)
2. Hosea (R)
3. Barnes (R)
4. Chahood (N)
5. Shaw (S)
6. Kellaway (S)
7. Kemp (S)
8. O' Brien (J)
9. Pulver (E)
10. May (R)
11. Davies (E)
12. Gerry- Burgess (R)
13. Vlahos (N)
14. Barclay (J)
15. Hood (N)

Goldrush

Frank Row (1)
Yes Curtin does combine well with Deegan, but Ben Rogers is also a player to think about. Has played 15 the last few weeks for the Joeys 2's, but was a standout in the 1st game vs Oakhill. Has the potential to make schoolboys at either 9 or 15, just needs an opportunity
Your quite right, Ben Rodgers is a victim of his own versatillity, he is definately the 1/2 back i would replace Curtain with if he was unfit. I cant see why they dont give him a shot. But the pass that curtin has cannot be beaten. I thought Curtain played against Oak Hill.

M

Majestic Unicorn

with this years scots forward pack in complete disarray it does not suprise me that you would come and watch two heavy-weights fight it out, but you seem to be surely mislead in your knowledge of rugby as a forwards job must differ at Bellvue hill. the large and lethargic new pack are riddled with incompentants such as the likes of (1) (4) (5) (7) and many other liabilities, as well as a definate lack of depth. the opposing forward pack consisted of efficient forwards who are able to maintain a presence for a full game; the underrated scrumming and lineout abilities of (2) and (7) who really gives it his all, in an inspiring effort to win the breakdown.

However as previously pointed out by Grammar2012 Pryor-Lees may be able to clean 60 kgs, but if he were to make any form of a rep team, i would lose my faith completely in GPS selectors and humanity.

I

International Badboy

Predictions for GPS 1's

Prediction For 2's

1. Pryor - Lees (N)
2. Heffernan (J)
3. Sandel (J)
4. Cutler (R)
5. Ollie Bartlett (N)
6. Dempsey (R)
7. Watts (J)
8. Randel (K)
9. Rodgers (J)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Rollins (E)
12. Milne (N)
13. Foketi (K)
14. Cleary (J)
15. Deegan (J)

Prediction For 3's

1. Ahosivi (N)
2. Hosea (R)
3. Barnes (R)
4. Chahood (N)
5. Shaw (S)
6. Kellaway (S)
7. Kemp (S)
8. O' Brien (J)
9. Pulver (E)
10. May (R)
11. Davies (E)
12. Gerry- Burgess (R)
13. Vlahos (N)
14. Barclay (J)
15. Hood (N)
i hope thats a joke

M

Majestic Unicorn

Predictions for GPS 1's

Prediction For 2's

1. Pryor - Lees (N)
2. Heffernan (J)
3. Sandel (J)
4. Cutler (R)
5. Ollie Bartlett (N)
6. Dempsey (R)
7. Watts (J)
8. Randel (K)
9. Rodgers (J)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Rollins (E)
12. Milne (N)
13. Foketi (K)
14. Cleary (J)
15. Deegan (J)

Prediction For 3's

1. Ahosivi (N)
2. Hosea (R)
3. Barnes (R)
4. Chahood (N)
5. Shaw (S)
6. Kellaway (S)
7. Kemp (S)
8. O' Brien (J)
9. Pulver (E)
10. May (R)
11. Davies (E)
12. Gerry- Burgess (R)
13. Vlahos (N)
14. Barclay (J)
15. Hood (N)

1's
1) Piggy
2) Vea
3) Pryor-Lees
4) Rorke
5) O'Donahue
6) Dempsey
7) Murphy
8) Whiteley
9) Lussick/Pulver
10) Horwitz
11) Pople
12) Stewart
13) Barclay
14) Wilde
15) Kellaway

This should be the team

I

International Badboy

i just thought he was joking because he had last years 1s centre as 3s wing

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
I disagree, will be very surprised if Deegan doesn't push Horwitz for GPS 1sts selection. Whoever makes the 1's out of them will make Schoolboys in my opinion

This may be the wrong forum for this, but I can't see the selectors leaving an incumbent Australian Schoolboy out of GPS 1's (we don't want Aussie selectors, ARU, JGS etc looking bad do we). In addition, Deegan did nothing special when Joeys played Scots to warrant his inclusion at Horwitz's expense. The same argument will mean, barring injury, that Stewart is the 12 in GPS 1's

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
1's
1) Piggy
2) Vea
3) Pryor-Lees
4) Rorke
5) O'Donahue
6) Dempsey
7) Murphy
8) Whiteley
9) Lussick/Pulver
10) Horwitz
11) Pople
12) Stewart
13) Barclay
14) Wilde
15) Kellaway

This should be the team

I wouldn't be surprised to see 8. Buckling from Shore in the mix for the GPS 1's as, like last year, has been performing extremely well thus far in the trials, and can play 4, 5, 6, or 8. However, I understand the immense amount of depth in both the back row and the centers, should be interesting to see who the selectors pick.

D

Dysfunctional Son

I wouldn't be surprised to see 8. Buckling from Shore in the mix for the GPS 1's as, like last year, has been performing extremely well thus far in the trials, and can play 4, 5, 6, or 8. However, I understand the immense amount of depth in both the back row and the centers, should be interesting to see who the selectors pick.
Every player can play 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8. It just depends on how GOOD they play in those positions. Again it will come down to strengths and weaknesses. Speed around the park, ticker, are they a show pony? Can they tackle? Lots out there that don't want to do the tough stuff. The players know who they are

SealClubber77

Stan Wickham (3)
with this years scots forward pack in complete disarray it does not suprise me that you would come and watch two heavy-weights fight it out, but you seem to be surely mislead in your knowledge of rugby as a forwards job must differ at Bellvue hill. the large and lethargic new pack are riddled with incompentants such as the likes of (1) (4) (5) (7) and many other liabilities, as well as a definate lack of depth. the opposing forward pack consisted of efficient forwards who are able to maintain a presence for a full game; the underrated scrumming and lineout abilities of (2) and (7) who really gives it his all, in an inspiring effort to win the breakdown.

However as previously pointed out by Grammar2012 Pryor-Lees may be able to clean 60 kgs, but if he were to make any form of a rep team, i would lose my faith completely in GPS selectors and humanity.

I seriously believe you have underestimated the Newington coaching's staff ability to nurture their players, Pryor-Lees would have to be one of the most involved and active players i've seen on a pitch lately. The fact that you would make fun of the amount he cleans shows how ignorant and myopic you are, Robertson (J) may have the clean record at 130kgs however i would still say that Pryor-Lees is still his equal if not his superior on the field. I happened to be at the game on Saturday when Newington thumped the Joe boys and I believed Pryor-Lees secured himself a place not only in the GPS 1's but the Australian Schoolboys as well. Mark my words, this 'Man Bear' Pryor-Lees is going right to the top.

Also i believe you have done a great misdeed to the Scots forward pack, whilst i agree that they are in complete disarray at the current time, there may yet be hope for them if they manage to pull together and they could have some real talent in there. Also i believe Kings will pull through and surprise everyone to win the comp.

My predictions for placings are
1. Kings
2. Newington
3. Shore
4. Scots
5. Joeys
6. Riverview
7. Grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.