• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
O'Donahue was the captain of the victorious Joeys Cricket team for 2011/12, he seems to be the emotional leader of the 1st XV also. Works until he is red raw, apparently some of the Joeys boys have nicknamed him "Hellboy", I'm assuming because he gives the opposition hell. Not sure on this though, can someone confirm?
He was injured last season due to very bad shin condition, but has really come back firing this season. It will be hard for Josh Schwager to force his way back into the second row, with him and Hardy in sublime form
Cheers for that.
There are some great nicknames in schools these days

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Gps 1st XV

1. Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)
4. Rorke (I)
5. Buckling (E)
6. Dempsey (I)
7. Murphy (J)
8. Whitely (I)
9. Pulver (E)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Foketi (K)
12. Tepai (N)
13. Stewart (S)
14. Pople (N)
15. Kellaway (S)
A few players out of position. Reasons for this would be?

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
what about seamus frost from scots why isn't his name being mentioned any where. I thought he would have a good chance this year considering he was in the 1's last year and this year. mind you in pretty impressive scots backlines!!

J

Joshua B Cummings

Goldie for (2) ?

Goldie does have potential at playing hooker, he showed last year in the 2nds that he could play in the 2 jersey and again this season against Riverview without Sandell, Goldie well and truly held his own in the front of the scrum.....
He doesnt throw lineouts which is a considerable factor

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
Gps 1st XV

1. Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)
4. Rorke (I)
5. Buckling (E)
6. Dempsey (I)
7. Murphy (J)
8. Whitely (I)
9. Pulver (E)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Foketi (K)
12. Tepai (N)
13. Stewart (S)
14. Pople (N)
15. Kellaway (S)

Last night over a glass of red I broke down the stats on postings/nominations re likely GPS 1st / 2nd XV lineups from this site and got the following;

Newington 21
Joeys 16
Riverview 12
Kings 12
Scots 11
SHORE 10
Grammar 2

The numbers represent the number of separate individuals mentioned by posters in 1st / 2nd XV GPS lineups since February re either team.

Couple of points to make;

Firstly this probably means nothing! Secondly it is surprising that for all their supporters on this site that Joeys did not come higher. One could take this several different ways. What seems clear is that Newington, who I feel are fairly well supported on this site whilst not being over represented, seem to have considerable depth.

Also considering their fairly good start in the trials and LACK of coverage / support on this site with 10 nominations SHORE could be the surprise?

With this in mind my view for the season has changed (previously believed Riverview would win);

1 Newington
2 Joeys
3 SHORE
4 Riverview
5 Kings
6 Scots
7 Grammar

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Last night over a glass of red I broke down the stats on postings/nominations re likely GPS 1st / 2nd XV lineups from this site and got the following;

Newington 21
Joeys 16
Riverview 12
Kings 12
Scots 11
SHORE 10
Grammar 2

The numbers represent the number of separate individuals mentioned by posters in 1st / 2nd XV GPS lineups since February re either team.

Couple of points to make;

Firstly this probably means nothing! Secondly it is surprising that for all their supporters on this site that Joeys did not come higher. One could take this several different ways. What seems clear is that Newington, who I feel are fairly well supported on this site whilst not being over represented, seem to have considerable depth.

Also considering their fairly good start in the trials and LACK of coverage / support on this site with 10 nominations SHORE could be the surprise?

With this in mind my view for the season has changed (previously believed Riverview would win);

1 Newington
2 Joeys
3 SHORE
4 Riverview
5 Kings
6 Scots
7 Grammar

It's nice to read a post that isn't someone listing their GPS 1st's team!

G

gps guru

My GPS 1sts Prediction

1.Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)
4. Rorke (R)
5. O'Donahue (J)
6. Dempsey (R)
7. Murphy (J)
8. Whiteley (c) (R)
9. Makacni (J)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Holmes (S)
12. Stewart (S)
13. Barclay (J)
14. Kelloway (S)
15. Wilde (J)

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
To be honest, none of the GPS scrum halves have been anything more than impressive. I all of the no. 9's need to step up to wear the GPS 9 jersey.

Where does Kings' Rory Davis rate with the rest of the No.9's? Haven't heard much talk about him on here but his record last year was impeccable and the reviews from the game against New were pretty positive.

G

GPS_Rugby 101

Where does Kings' Rory Davis rate with the rest of the No.9's? Haven't heard much talk about him on here but his record last year was impeccable and the reviews from the game against New were pretty positive.

too be a hundred per cent honest, Rory is the only number 9 i havent seen play this year, so i cannot comment on his performance this year. Kings do have some interesting strike power out wide though, so it should be an interesting pick for the number 9 in the GPS 1's.

T

the real lee grant

My GPS 1sts Prediction

1.Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)
4. Rorke (R)
5. O'Donahue (J)
6. Dempsey (R)
7. Murphy (J)
8. Whiteley (c) (R)
9. Makacni (J)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Holmes (S)
12. Stewart (S)
13. Barclay (J)
14. Kelloway (S)
15. Wilde (J)
i enjoy the look of that team besides wilde to 11 replacing holmes kellaway to 15 and the kings player lalaki

G

GPS_Rugby 101

Gps 1st XV

1. Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)
4. Rorke (I)
5. Buckling (E)
6. Dempsey (I)
7. Murphy (J)
8. Whitely (I)
9. Pulver (E)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Foketi (K)
12. Tepai (N)
13. Stewart (S)
14. Pople (N)
15. Kellaway (S)

thoughts on cannell (n) at second row ? i agree with most of the others except OPL at 1

also pople at 14 ? i believe he will make a GPS team, but based on performance he has been outplayed by both holmes (s) and his newington counterpart Vlahos.

Vlahos has had a strong return this year after a less than impressive 2011, he is a devastating ball runner and most people in the GPS will be scared of running straight at one of his shoulders, he has been left out of the talk for the GPS teams even though he is playing very well

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
My GPS 1sts Prediction

1.Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)
4. Rorke (R)
5. O'Donahue (J)
6. Dempsey (R)
7. Murphy (J)
8. Whiteley (c) (R)
9. Makacni (J)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Holmes (S)
12. Stewart (S)
13. Barclay (J)
14. Kelloway (S)
15. Wilde (J)
what about frost from scots? i feel everyone is forgetting about this fantastic centre from scots

T

the real lee grant

Holmes has been the stand out of the outside backs this year, any reason you have left him out ?
i just think that after watchin him holmes vs vaughan of st joesphs he only ran at him twice on their side of the feild and both times he was cut down by a BOY that weights about 69 kgs. aslo wilde even though he is a twig he would go close if not better when it comes to the matche of the power in the ''dont argue'' department. also wilde has the 20 metres of sheer pace where as holmes needs to do a bit of work on his pace of the mark.

T

the real lee grant

As stated before guru opl plays .1 this position is almost certainly taken by robertson, to be captain he will have to make the side over Tom
i agree elcapitano. removing tom "manswine" robertson from his beloved position of number 1 would be nearly as hard as getting angus le leirve to hand over kicking duties.

J

Joshua B Cummings

GPS 1s

1. Robertson
2. Goldie
3. Pryor Lees
4. Rorke
5. Buckling
6. Dempsey
7. Randell
8. Whitely
9. Pulver
10. Horwitz
11. Foketi
12. Stewart
13. Barclay
14. Wilde
15. Kellaway

GPS 2s

1. Carolan
2. Vea
3. Sandell
4. Cannell
5. Watts
6. Moylan
7. Murphy
8. Morris
9. Makasini
10. Abrahams
11. Pople
12. Moeroa
13. Milne
14. Holmes
15. Hood
GPS 3s
1. Burton (TAS)
2. Strachan
3. Ahosivi
4. Beever
5. Cutler
6. Prassas
7. Macalman
8. Hardy
9. Lussick
10. Kay
11. Jones
12. Pay
13. Gerry- Burgess
14. Vlahos
15. Newsome

J

Joshua B Cummings

i agree elcapitano. removing tom "manswine" robertson from his beloved position of number 1 would be nearly as hard as getting angus le leirve to hand over kicking duties.

elcapitano does have an interesting point.
Robertson being in his prime form of late has an upper hand over Pryor Lees and should hold his number 1. No person in GPS rugby should remove Robertson from his single digit nor i believe any one could let alone in Australian schools at this time.

J

Joshua B Cummings

GPS players left out

Deegan - lack of maturity and performances havent backed up
Kemp - size and not a dynamic 7
Curtin - injury
Schwager - injury and work ethic
Freeman - work ethic and lack of creativity
Redden - not quick enough on the wing, nor skillfull or strong enough in the centres, might scratch into 3rds

Status
Not open for further replies.