• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sydneybra

Does anyone have any news on the behemoth fullback from kings Jack Tourish?? I was told he would be returning this year but he hasn't featured in any games yet.

T

thunder cat

any news on the kings team this week i hear that they are playing a bit below par

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Joeys were also missing Curtian, Schwager, Sandell, Watts and Guilfoyle but hey i guess that doesn't mean much....

I know that the GPS comp doesn't start until the end of July (which seems strange as it is 4 weeks after the Oz Schools Championships starts and even longer after the NSW trials) ..... but are any of the injuries to these lads long term and they will miss a lot of the GPS?

What are the particulars of Schwager's injury?

Thanks

therugbyman

Stan Wickham (3)
I know that the GPS comp doesn't start until the end of July (which seems strange as it is 4 weeks after the Oz Schools Championships starts and even longer after the NSW trials) ..... but are any of the injuries to these lads long term and they will miss a lot of the GPS?

What are the particulars of Schwager's injury?

Thanks
I can tell you Curtin is in the 2s this week, Sandell is not long term.

F

fernando

Wonder if he is related to joseph may who was their 5/8 in 2008..........a fine young creative ball handler indeed. in fact Joeys v Riverview 2008 on you tube shows this spunk in full flight
joseph is his older brother

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys forwards to again dominate the biggest pack in GPS. Newington without Tepai won't be strong enough. Joeys 24-7
Dempsey back for View, they'll bounce back big time. Kings to get a reality check after last weekends escape. View 33-12
Scots to get there second straight win thanks to there backs. The only way Shore will stay close is if there forwards can match up. Scots 19-10

T

Tight head Lion

Scots to stomp on Shore. They have the best backs in the competition and will run it all day.
Murray is the most under rated forward. Best on ground against the tongans last week. Scots 35 +
View to beat Kings. Dempsey the big factor?? Won't be an impact this year
Newington too big for the joeys boys who are punching so above their weight after their lucky win over the boys from Bellevue and the boys from lane cove.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Scots to stomp on Shore. They have the best backs in the competition and will run it all day.
Murray is the most under rated forward. Best on ground against the tongans last week. Scots 35 +
View to beat Kings. Dempsey the big factor?? Won't be an impact this year
Newington too big for the joeys boys who are punching so above their weight after their lucky win over the boys from Bellevue and the boys from lane cove.
Dear Tight Head Lion, as mentioned before BOG is an Aussie rules thing. MOTM is Rugby. Please refer to the Man of the match in a general terms and see what your peers judge. Whether you see through tainted lenses, or, clearly and concisely. Please Mr Lion, No more differing titles.I'm not that smart to keep up with all the analogies as it is.
Cheers
And never doubt the fight in the dog of the Shoremen, this has been seen time and time again.

T

Tight head Lion

Dear Tight Head Lion, as mentioned before BOG is an Aussie rules thing. MOTM is Rugby. Please refer to the Man of the match in a general terms and see what your peers judge. Whether you see through tainted lenses, or, clearly and concisely. Please Mr Lion, No more differing titles.I'm not that smart to keep up with all the analogies as it is.
Cheers
And never doubt the fight in the dog of the Shoremen, this has been seen time and time again.

apologies. it is my southern up bringing that comes through with BOG. Still learning your ways here

S

Steve McGregor

Still no information on the boys from view 12, 15 and 9.....

dempsey this year is no "big factor" for the boys from view they need to work as a team especially those forwards no individual stuff is needed and the game against kings is where they need to prove it, hopefully the game againts jeys provided them with some info.(veiw 25-10). New might be quite dangerous with each round adding to their advantages with their team developing new "combos" so to say. (new 37-15) scots may have the best back line but its from the "engine room" where they get clean ball. if their forwards aren't up to scratch that what good is the back line? that said they still will be to strong for shoe. (scots 27-15)

any injuries for the teams this week. Any changes going to cost the teams?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Shore lineup for this weekend:

1. Robertson
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Streeter
4. Fishburn
5. Fletcher
6. Woodhill
7. Wubben
8. Buckling

9. Pulver
10. Clancy
11. Oldham
12. Koukoullis
13. Arnold
14. Buchanan-Reeks
15. Davies

Returning: Fletcher and Robertson
Missing: Nick Clancy (fullback), Rollins (winger), Rickard (2nd row) and Cooke (2nd row).

Should be a solid side, with key forwards returning to give them the edge over Scots at the breakdown. However, how the Shore backline goes in handling the immensely strong Scots backs will be interesting. I reckon if they can shut down the combination of Horwitz, Kellaway and Stewart then it'll be a very close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.