• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
As a former rugby selector I can see the ability in some of the forward packs in the GPS. Robertson (J) is one of the best I believe. He will be a star if he has the right attitude. Carolan (J) is also a strong player along with Sandell (J) they will develop more as they get along in the season.

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
After watching the joeys vs new game, as an unbiased supporter with no connections to either schools ( im a scots old boy) the joeys forward pack will have to improve greatly to become a successful team in 2012, the new pack seemed to dominant with outstanding and physical defense throughout the game, should see a few rep players from the new forward pack.

Agree with you hear, Joeys are working hard from all reports and so are Newington on the fitness. I see Joeys front row improving and taking out the GPS Premiership.

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Predictions for GPS 1's

1: Piggy Robertson (C) (J)
2: Vea (N)
3: Carolan (J)
4: Rorke (R)
5: O' Donnahue (J)
6: Goldie (J)
7: Murphy (J)
8: Whitely (R)
9: Makasini (J)
10: Kay (J)
11: Wilde (J)
12: Stewart (S)
13: Tepai (N)
14: Pople (N)
15: Kellaway (S)

Prediction For 2's

1. Pryor - Lees (N)
2. Heffernan (J)
3. Sandel (J)
4. Cutler (R)
5. Ollie Bartlett (N)
6. Dempsey (R)
7. Watts (J)
8. Randel (K)
9. Rodgers (J)
10. Horwitz (S)
11. Rollins (E)
12. Milne (N)
13. Foketi (K)
14. Cleary (J)
15. Deegan (J)

Prediction For 3's

1. Ahosivi (N)
2. Hosea (R)
3. Barnes (R)
4. Chahood (N)
5. Shaw (S)
6. Kellaway (S)
7. Kemp (S)
8. O' Brien (J)
9. Pulver (E)
10. May (R)
11. Davies (E)
12. Gerry- Burgess (R)
13. Vlahos (N)
14. Barclay (J)
15. Hood (N)

Rodgers (J) is in the 3rds at the moment I don't see him making 2nds GPS? He is playing 15 for the 3rds!

A

ash catchem

I believe that Luke Burton of The Armidale School, who played NSW 2nd last year, should be considered for the 3 position in GPS 1st before NSW Country School’s declare him theirs this weekend. He played with Piggy Robetson in 2009 for Central west and it would be good to see their combination reignited. I hear he had a blinder against High this week

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
I believe that Luke Burton of The Armidale School, who played NSW 2nd last year, should be considered for the 3 position in GPS 1st before NSW Country School’s declare him theirs this weekend. He played with Piggy Robetson in 2009 for Central west and it would be good to see their combination reignited. I hear he had a blinder against High this week

He is decently a option for GPS 1st. Theres some good talent coming from the country.

K

KerserOne

Coming straight from the college there is fresh news that Tom " Piggy " Robertson has just been offered a contract with Manly Sea Eagles in 2013 if he were to choose this contract he will have to leave GPS rugby in the 2nd Round of the season. This would be a huge loss for Joeys considering he is in immaculate form.

T

the best thing ever

Coming straight from the college there is fresh news that Tom " Piggy " Robertson has just been offered a contract with Manly Sea Eagles in 2013 if he were to choose this contract he will have to leave GPS rugby in the 2nd Round of the season. This would be a huge loss for Joeys considering he is in immaculate form.
for him to getinto the manly sea egles just like his cousin would be the best thing ever

T

the best thing ever

i have heard that he is not the best thing ever

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Was there some sort of enticement involved? I understand that joeys is normally not associated with this, however leaving a possible GPS winning newington team for joeys is suspicious to say the least

yes that is suspicious...but he wanted probs to come to the school were it is all at!

F

Finland Fella

Was there some sort of enticement involved? I understand that joeys is normally not associated with this, however leaving a possible GPS winning newington team for joeys is suspicious to say the least

I was told by a reliable Newington source (you know, Deepthroat who hangs about down in the Stanmore railway underpass) that Ollie Bartlett left to go to Joey's because he was guaranteed a spot in their 1st X111 rowing crew. Had nothing to do with rugby apparently ...

F

Finland Fella

Now I'm feeling a little concerned for the psychological well being of this young Robertson lad. All these references to the lad as 'Piggy' are both highly distasteful and cruelly detrimental to an impressionable teenagers self esteem. At an age when blossoming prop forwards, of both the tight head and loose head variety are preening themselves for possible interest from the fairer sex I feel it highly irresponsible that in such a public forum as this - all comers are taking such liberties by aligning the 'boy' to that of a mud rolling bacon beast.

C'mon folks this is a schoolboy competition and, well, front rowers have feelings too !

F

Finland Fella

but he didnt even row .....
Mmmm ... the plot thickens.
Sounds like I was fed a diversionary story, no doubt to throw me off the scent of a scandal.
Deepthroat has now been taken off my Christmas Card list and I'll be ringing Four Corners immediately. The Ollie Bartlett Scandal could well be filling living rooms at 8.30 on a Monday evening ... sometime soon

... is he perhaps in the debating team, or does he belt out a good tune ???

S

Steve McGregor

mate that nickname has surfaced at joeys and he has embraced the name and s quite fond of it. Another thing he never got offered a contract to manly he was there last year i believe just training but couldnt really find is feet like he has done for joeys. that being said i believe he will strive this year being in aussie schools for sure and so on........

all these biased blogging about certain teams are disgraceful and statements like view will be coming in 2nd are laughable. i don't think they will take out the premiership at all but they could easily beat most team if they "play well". newington to take it out and joeys/riverview runner ups, enough said about that topic.

now on to the gps teams. they will be picked on for to my understanding of last years team and the year before that. not such thing as "shoe ins" or "ngs" help its a matter of if they are performing for the past few weeks. think back to last year when newingtons outside brogan was in the gps 2nds and barclay was picked over him! are you serious barclay is no where near as good of a player but played the trails and rounds leading up to gps selection well (brogan had just returned from injury) but later got selected in Aussie schools.

problem solved its selected on form not on reputation!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.