• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
There has been a lot of discussion about the various players / positions to be filled in the forthcoming team selections - however, there also seem to be some "ommissions" - anyone have ideas on who might otherwise have been available - but is currently out due to injury ??

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't know if this is what you mean but J. Schwager of Joeys hasn't played because of an injury and may not play in 2012. He would have been a strong contender for the GPS 2nd row otherwise.

He's also played no.8 for the school (and I think it will be his position in senior rugby) but Whitley covers 8 quite nicely IMO.

J

joeys2012

hopefully that is the last of the mindless posts.. anyone have any predictions for the games next week? i'd say newington over shore, joeys to bounce back against kings and view to open their account against scots.. should be another interesting round of trials

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
hopefully that is the last of the mindless posts.. anyone have any predictions for the games next week? i'd say newington over shore, joeys to bounce back against kings and view to open their account against scots.. should be another interesting round of trials

newington defiantly over shore, joeys should beat kings, riverview... i don't know about there back line..they might struggle agaist scots back line..

G

gps guru

I don't know if this is what you mean but J. Schwager of Joeys hasn't played because of an injury and may not play in 2012. He would have been a strong contender for the GPS 2nd row otherwise.

He's also played no.8 for the school (and I think it will be his position in senior rugby) but Whitley covers 8 quite nicely IMO.
I think that Schwager will not be able to find his way back in the 1sts due to good form to Jono Hardy and Nick Penisi- Let alone GPS 1's

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
I have noticed in the games against Newington and Riverview Deegan (J) hasn’t been playing well. I doubt he will make one of the top two GPS teams based on the last appearances.

R

random205

I have noticed in the games against Newington and Riverview Deegan (J) hasn’t been playing well. I doubt he will make one of the top two GPS teams based on the last appearances.
Have to agree. Horwitz has practically got the gps 1sts jersey in the bag, but Deegan's opportunity to make GPS 2's isnt too bleak. His game against Newington obviously wasn't the best but everyone has an off game. As previous games have shown however, his defence and willingness to play a part in the Joey's gameplan has been evident and indeed has been impressive.
He is also only in Year 11 and its his 2nd year playing in the 1st XV competition!

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
mate did you see newingtons no3..got himself sin binned cos he was lazy and needed a breather he is the definition of unfit as is opl in my opinion..the rest of new's forewards put in but their front row were definately passengers...joeys needed couldn't really take advantage due to the weather but i agree it will be a good game in the return leg
---------------------------

Did you come to watch a cricket game or rugby? Cricket don't play on the rain but rugby still do. Don't ever blame the wheather for the loss, because coaches trained their team to play any condition (rain or not). Did you ever play rugby in the rain? or only cricket on the sunny day? Move on from that game mate. Both team played their best game to test themselves against each other. And by the way - respect every players that coaches pick to represent their school. Your comment of lazy and passengers show disrespect to these kids, their coaches and their school.

R

random205

just a few honest thoughts on the "manbear" OPL..

He was beaten in the scrums by matthews, who is the 2nd XV prop, nothing taken away from matthews as a player, but one would think a player of OPL's hype and expectations would do better. Secondly he came off the field for 10 minutes with no apparent injury and several times through the game he went down and held up play, that really doesn't indicate fitness.

Also on the Pryor-Lees vs Robertson debate; ask yourself who you'd rather have in the forward pack alongside you? Robertson is quicker, stronger, more technically gifted and a better team-mate. The other wears red headgear to stand out and makes videos of himself running in slow motion and cleaning 60kg. Really an easy choice in my opinion.
Also in direct reference to this hotly debated #1 spot, Robertson's name has been practically already engraved on the GPS 1st XV jersey, and in all honesty, i wouldn't be surprised if i didn't even see opl in any GPS team, or at least the reserves. Also as a note, the present #3 for Joeys, Ben Carolan (who has presently wanted to play hooker in his opt to throw in the lineouts) is also showing much talent and a will for the GPS jersey. In retrospect, he can play in the #3 jersey in the GPS 1sts, that is if he doesn't get selected at hooker over Vea (N) or in the 2nds spot.

T

Tight head Lion

Where is the view/scots game being played?

Scots main is under water again. It was a mud bath against shore. Shocking surface
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338975628.888391.jpg

R

random205

----------------------
Oscar did play well and they win the game..
I'm afraid to say this statement in my opinion is invalid. shove all of the negative opinions of Oscar aside, but we are just arguing the case whether he deserves to be in a GPS jersey. Again I stress my point that he didn't impress (the Joeys game was the first i had seen of him) but he didnt impress last year either when he did play and before he got injured. he was lethargic and unenergetic in direct contrast to Robertson, who played with intent and energy. as well as this, Opl part in the set peice and in general play was rather speculative, where his presence on the field was unnoticed. his scrummaging may i also stress again was pretty disapointing.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm getting very sick of this shit.

One more fucking peep out of Joeys and I'm banning the IP, which means none of you can post. Then I will inform the school of the email addresses and IDs of the posters I have banned (which is already in double figures).

No more personal shit. No more taking the piss about people in the 5ths and 6ths.

Just talk about the rugby. How hard can it be?

T

thereturnofsarge

I simply cannot understand why every gps 1st xv predictions has opl at #3 when he plays #1. If Robertson isn't picked at in the gps 1sts at #1 then I think the selectors may have to rethink their decision as he is a class player, therefore how will opl play #3 if he doesn't know how to play it as they are completely different positions. Just a thought to ponder on???

Tom Burke

Bob McCowan (2)
... Ben Carolan (who has presently wanted to play hooker in his opt to throw in the lineouts) is also showing much talent and a will for the GPS jersey. In retrospect, he can play in the #3 jersey in the GPS 1sts, that is if he doesn't get selected at hooker over Vea (N) or in the 2nds spot.

I am of the opinion that Carolan's inexperience in the hooking role has more or less cost him a shot at the GPS 1's #2 jumper. To be honest, I was quite surprised to see Ben picked in the Joeys 1's against Oakhill, over the 2's hooker from last season, Kian Heffernan, who is playing 2's again this season. However, I was even more surprised to see Ben play against Scots in the 1's, following Heffernan's absolute blinder against Oakhill, in which he produced a superstar effort which included a try (in my humble opinion) motm, all with what i hear is a potentially serious injury. Nevertheless, Joeys could be going with a more sizable front row this season with Carolan both taller and outweighing Heffernan. No matter the reason, I'm sure Joeys 2's aren't complaining with retaining Heffernan, who could be their superstar player this season.

J

joeys2012

[quote
I simply cannot understand why every gps 1st xv predictions has opl at #3 when he plays #1. If Robertson isn't picked at in the gps 1sts at #1 then I think the selectors may have to rethink their decision as he is a class player, therefore how will opl play #3 if he doesn't know how to play it as they are completely different positions. Just a thought to ponder on???

well like i said before (i'll have to tone it down this time) - i really felt matthews outplayed him and therefore there would surely be a better option, but i guess it is in the selectors hands now and we'll have to wait and see what they come up with.. but i agree entirely with your comments regarding the difference between LHP and THP and it should be something they consider

therugbyman

Stan Wickham (3)
Scots main is under water again. It was a mud bath against shore. Shocking surface
View attachment 2402
If the oval is still in that state come game day i would have to pick view to with the game. Simply because it would be a forwards game and IMO Scots forwards would be out muscled by a View forwards pack with the likes of Dempsy, Rorke and Whitely. The Scots' slick and speedy backs will count for nothing if the field is like that and it is raining.

E

elcapitano

it does entice the question why the change in posistion for opl, as this change could well cost him a spot in the gps team!

Status
Not open for further replies.