• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smithcreek

Regarding the SGS 1sts it should be noted that while Gorry, Krempff etc were playing soccer for Mosman through their junior years and avoiding everything rugby; their counterpartts at other schools Kellaway, Lussick, Davies and many others have been putting a lot of time and effort into rugby from 5 and 6 years old. No wonder these boys show a huge difference in skill levels.

Regarding Kings 1sts, it is about bloody time. The other boys all do the right thing so why should Figjam have special rules for him. Quite frankly sick of his parents whining on about him not having a scholarship and the school not owning them. They knew the rules when he left SGS and they made their choice.

W

Wowsah

Regarding the SGS 1sts it should be noted that while Gorry, Krempff etc were playing soccer for Mosman through their junior years and avoiding everything rugby; their counterpartts at other schools Kellaway, Lussick, Davies and many others have been putting a lot of time and effort into rugby from 5 and 6 years old. No wonder these boys show a huge difference in skill levels.

Regarding Kings 1sts, it is about bloody time. The other boys all do the right thing so why should Figjam have special rules for him. Quite frankly sick of his parents whining on about him not having a scholarship and the school not owning them. They knew the rules when he left SGS and they made their choice.

Perhaps you should make your position to them known rather than publicly attacking them. That way you won't have to listen to them 'whine' anymore.

And, figjam? By all accounts, yes, the kid is good. No need to ask him.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Parents "own" children not schools, even if the schools or the old boys are covering the fees.

With many Jarses playing footy at all sorts of levels, The Jarses will dictate where La Jarse and me will be and what game we will attend and where, and when not some bloody rugby master with a power craze. We pay fees, we determine where and when and if it doesn't suit the family then so be it. The family will always come first, and education/sports second.

When Grandma Jarse passes on, the school Jarses will be removed from school for the funeral, full stop.

Our loyalty's are to ourselves and our community first. Education is a means to the end, not an end in it's own right.

It upsets me greatly when families submit to schools rather than their community.

I find this to be a rather immature comment
I notice that you put "ourselves" before "our community" and the whole comment is about me,me,me.
If you chose to send your children to one of these school it is usually because you can see value in this type of education which goes beyond school hours. You can not then "cherrypick" what you want and do not want. It is like buying a house next to an airport and then wanting the airport closed due to the noise. If you are unhappy with the schools approach then go elsewhere, I am sure there is a good public school nearby that will not interfere with your weekends.
As for community , a lot of these schools have vast numbers of boarders that spent more time at school than at home and are often referred to as the heart and soul of a school. Perhaps that is a community worth considering!
P.S. It is "La Jarse and I"

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Having slept on it I can understand the school's stance to an extent..it sets a bad precedent if they are seen to be encouraging kids to participate in sport that directly conflicts with their school sporting commitments..fair enough out of season and in holidays, we have all done that..it would also be understandable if the school didn't have a PE program that allowed the kids to develop and capitalise on their sports skills, such as in Grammar's case.

That said, they should have made their position clear at the start of the season, not the week before his club's GF.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
McQuade Park, Tebbutt Street, Windsor - this Sunday at 3.10 pm - ...TIS the game in question?...Kings play at 3.10 on Saturday? next game 3.10 the next Saturday?...HJ has played for newport since he was 8?..this his last year with the mates he's had for 8-10 years?...and he's made the GF??? AND HE'S IN THE WRONG???????????????......OH DEAR...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Having slept on it I can understand the school's stance to an extent..it sets a bad precedent if they are seen to be encouraging kids to participate in sport that directly conflicts with their school sporting commitments..fair enough out of season and in holidays, we have all done that..it would also be understandable if the school didn't have a PE program that allowed the kids to develop and capitalise on their sports skills, such as in Grammar's case.

That said, they should have made their position clear at the start of the season, not the week before his club's GF.

It doesn't "directly" conflict.
If there is any basis upon which the school is entitled to call on his services to the exclusion of all else, and assuming that this is really such an important issue to the school, then they should rely on it to make their point, rather than trying to stand over him and humiliate him: i..e not drop him but suspend or expel him for failing to adhere to the school's rules.
Of course Dr Hawkes might have to become involved in that process and he seems like a slightly more liberal thinker than that.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)

My experience has been that a school will usually tell the top level players at the start of the season what the ground rules are for playing outside of school and maybe Kings did actually do this. The thing I find a bit strange about it all is that to qualify to play in the Grand Final he would have had to play a minimum number of games for his club side this year so why is he only being dropped now? Is it a matter of the school only just finding out about his club appearances? I wish him well on both Saturday and Sunday and hope he comes away with two wins.

W

Wowsah

gentlemen, I've heard rumours that Taane Milne from Newington has been dropped to the seconds for this weekend's fixture against shore due to a lack academic performance over the past few weeks, can anyone confirm?

Okay, can someone help put together a list of players who are being dropped this week, their team, and the reason they are being dropped?

So far, we have:

Harry Jones - Daring to play another game in his own time (in combination with some whinging parent/s)
Taane Milne - Not doing his homework

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
anyone have the weekend's Kings line up at hand?

Kings 1st XV Line-Up
1)Jack Bliss
2)Jono Burke
3)Lachlan Strachan
4)Fergus-Lee Warner
5)Matthew Matson
6)Jack McCalman
7)Harry Randell (c)
8)Liam Moylan
9) Andrew Ferris
10) Corey Tolloch/Max Wylie
11)Sam Carter
12)Will Davis
13Corey Tulloch/Max Wylie
14) Sam Ainsworth
15)Jack Tourish

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kings 1st XV Line-Up
1)Jack Bliss
2)Jono Burke
3)Lachlan Strachan
4)Fergus-Lee Warner
5)Matthew Matson
6)Jack McCalman
7)Harry Randell (c)
8)Liam Moylan
9) Andrew Ferris
10) Corey Tolloch/Max Wylie
11)Sam Carter
12)Will Davis
13Corey Tulloch/Max Wylie
14) Sam Ainsworth
15)Jack Tourish

I'm surprised to see Corey Tulloch's name in the list as I had heard that he was gone for the season. It will certainly provide a lot more potency in their backline if he's playing.

mark7

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm surprised to see Corey Tulloch's name in the list as I had heard that he was gone for the season. It will certainly provide a lot more potency in their backline if he's playing.

Im not too sure if Tulloch is playing still. I am just aware of two of the 2nds players Carter and Ainsworth who have come up to the 1sts and taken Jones and Lalakai's places. I haven't heard any other news suggesting he is out for the Joeys game or the season. So i assume he is playing. Hopefully Tulloch is playing, as you said it will help Kings if he plays.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
what's your tip for kings v joeys?
A clash of the historical stalwarts of GPS rugby, in my opinion. (with Shore)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
what's your tip for kings v joeys?
A clash of the historical stalwarts of GPS rugby, in my opinion. (with Shore)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kings won well at Joeys in the trial game earlier in the season and can do it again at home despite missing a couple of their backline stars. The performance of their forwards was the key then matching Joeys at the breakdown and it will be the key again on Saturday.

Big contest in the seconds as well with two undefeated teams meeting to decide the premiership.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Predictions for this weekend

Shore vs Newington - After last weeks lost to Scots you would think Newington will easily account for Shore and wrap up the title this saturday at Stanmore. I do think Newington will win, but i think it will be their toughest game of the year. Shore don't have the centres to shut down Tepai but can get on top of Newington else where. Newington 22-19

Kings vs Joeys - Both teams have come off massive wins over Grammar. Kings without Jones and Lalaki are seriously under strength and Joeys backs should be able to win the battle. Kings forwards won it for them in the trial but i dont know if they can do it again. Over the last 3 years the team who has won the trial has not won the comp game. Expect Joeys to get a late win in a quality game again this year. Joeys 32-29

Scots vs Grammar - Another 100-0 loss for Grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.