• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Irrelevant, the school has a policy and they need to be seen to be enforcing it..nothing against the kid though, its his choice..
But what is the point of the policy?
Assuming it is that he might get injured tomorrow it is illogical: he might get injured today! He could get injured at training. He could get injured going for a surf - he is allowed to surf isnt he?
He could fall down stairs and never play again. One of the points of rugby is that you cant avoid risks - just as in life!
If he was getting a free ride they'd have a basis for dictating whatever terms they wanted.
My tip - he wont get injured today.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
But what is the point of the policy?
Assuming it is that he might get injured tomorrow it is illogical: he might get injured today! He could get injured at training. He could get injured going for a surf - he is allowed to surf isnt he?
He could fall down stairs and never play again. One of the points of rugby is that you cant avoid risks - just as in life!
If he was getting a free ride they'd have a basis for dictating whatever terms they wanted.
My tip - he wont get injured today.

I guess it's just a rule and if they have it they need to enforce it, otherwise there's no point having the rule in the first place. If they were to let him play and he did a knee or something tomorrow they would look silly, wouldn't they?

Anyway, about to head out to kings now....will try to bail up phipps and get the full story

Have a great day all!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The headmaster just told me he is injured, so that appears to be the official line..and they have a solo photo of him on the front of the program so they are happy enough to promote him..
That makes it worse!
But I am impressed the headmaster spoke to you.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Closer than everyone would have thought .

Congrat's to Newington on this years premiership . Beat Riverview and they won't have to share it.
Great game of schoolboy rugby and the ref (Nigel Owens) gave us a lesson on how you can be the 31st person on the paddock (even in a orange IRB outfit) stayed away from the action and barley blowing his whistle for much of the game!

Following some great individual brilliance resulting in tries to each team the score was locked at crucial stages of the game. After trading tries and kicks Newington went to the lead with 3 minutes remaining after a PK following a senseless shoulder charge on the 10m line. Shore never gave up applying pressure on New's back three from clever kicks resulting in an attacking scrum on the 10m line with 2 min remaining. When the full time whistle blew Newington were defending their line having repelled Shore and their desperate attacks to score a try for a win rather than a draw. Full time Newington 27 Shore 24 a fitting result of the game and congratulations to both teams wonderful efforts.

If you have to single out MVPs:

Newington
No. 15 Matthew Hood (3 pts) - great footwork and turn of speed to score
No. 10 Joey Lussick (2pts) - directed play well, set up crucial try
No 1. Oscar Pryor Lees (1pt) - provided good base for scrum until went off

Shore
No. 2. Jackson Fitzpatrick (3pts) - best around ruck/mauls, 2 tight heads, great captains role
No. 7 Jum Woodhill (2pts) - won many crucial ball and caused numerous turnovers
No. 10 Jack Clancy (1pt) - good mix of pass and kick, often turned opp around

K

kbw

thanks for the description GS, I could not make the game but was getting texts from the wife

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Grammar's 2's played probably the lost entertaining game of rugby I've seen all year; lots of wide play, trickery and kicking. Great game to watch,both sides should be very happy with themselves. Gave a bit of hope before the unfortunate 1sts result. Interesting in that I do believe that despite the score line, they played better in this game than they did against Kings. Good in patches, but just physically and mentally overwhelmed; they looked scared to pick the ball up a few times. I fear that's the last time we will see a Grammar 1sts side play GPS 1sts opposition for a while. Good to see the fans never stopped cheering, and a touching moment to see the joy on the boys' faces after the try, only trumped by the disgust on the faces of the Scots boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.