• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Hugh Jarse and if you cast your mind back to the 1st GPS round this year and consider my posts at that time, use some lateral thinking, and suspend disbelief you'll see why, in this case, I had direct information on the subject

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Following this commentary over the last few days, I have taken a moment today to review the TSC lineup for '13. The results are this:
In '13, 18 boys have taken the field, of which 4 started at TSC in Prep, 9 started in Year 7, 3 started Year 10, 2 started Year 11. The Year 10 boys - 1 in an international student (pretty common for international students to attend from year 10 or 11), 1 is an indig bursary (with the expansion of the indig program at TSC) and 1 of the Year 11 starters has a dad & grandfather who are old boys. The remaining 2 I am unsure.

At the TSC rugby lunch last week it was commented that against Kings, TSC won 90% of the 30-odd fixtures that day. Is that a school that is focusing solely on a 1st XV title?

Well may we question the intentions of Tight head Lion, a seemingly disgruntled ex-employee of 2 GPS schools (& seems to be angling for a job at Grammar now). Your Rugby 7s tournament comment is a sad reflection of the delusional world that only you live in - I could find no student who has popped up at TSC after attending that tournament.
Agree wholeheartedly but chose not to answer because the THL diatribe was wrong on so many levels I would have only been feeding the Ego involved. I also thought that those style of attacks were not allowed BTW.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
does anyone have info on what holiday training the men are doing from all schools. any scheduled games, camps, or tours?

Cheers,
The Big Man

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Despite not being selected in a GPS team, Kings halfback Rory Davis has just been named in the Combined States team for next weeks national championships. Other GPS boys named are Scots Ollie Kamp and Nick Kellaway, Newingtons Simon Kennewell and Riverviews Tom Molloy. Will be very keen to see the Kellaway brothers go up against each other when NSW 1 v CS !

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
does anyone have info on what holiday training the men are doing from all schools. any scheduled games, camps, or tours?

Cheers,
The Big Man
Scots playing Cranbrook in the Battle of the Hill at Cranbrook on 13 July. 1st & 2nd XVs plus all age A teams

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
That is also my understanding. Nothing to do with scholarships - everything to do with loyalty and integrity!
I suggest that nobody talks on this matter until they talk to the family, as I have.

I won't because my information is privileged.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Couldnt agree more with you "random 2" next weeks encounter on wednesday at 10.15 riverview first field will be interesting, with the two kellaways played over 500 games together but non against each other, it will be quite interesting and quite weird, im sure they will give each other a mouthful. im looking forward to next week and seeing how the dominant gps boys go and to see if they stand out, lets let the rugby do the talking and good luck to the GPS boys next week lets get some aussie school boy jerseys.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Any darkhorse GPS boys looking at schools selection?

I'd think Matt Sandell, Andrew Kellaway, Tepai Morea and Taane Milne will be there barring injury. You'd think that at least one of Jack Clancy or Andrew Deegan will get a spot, more of a Deegan fan myself but both deserving. Dark horses include the second rowers Lachie Cannell and Ned Hanigan and the halfbacks Joey Lussick and Mitch Short (who'd be a real dark horse). If Rory Davies can step up for CS then he could be pushing for a spot as well. Ollie Kamp is playing some great footy at the moment as well.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
I suggest that nobody talks on this matter until they talk to the family, as I have.

I won't because my information is privileged.
Having done just that recently, but under no privilege restrictions, HJ was offered a scholarship by another GPS school (desperately keen to finally win title again) but declined and pays full fees at Barker.

DYEL

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking forward to seeing the potential player growth throughout the rest of the GPS season as a result of Aus Championships. Also will be interested to see how Moeroa and Milne hold up and flourish in the Newington centres after what will surely be a long and arduos rep season of steam-roll work together. Nevertheless, both are fantastic players and I feel great sorrow for any centres pairing with any hesitation to tackle.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
They are star individual players but as I have written before: for all the times they have played together they don't combine that well with the catch and pass - or maybe it is just Tepai's handling that is the problem because Taane is a fine footie player.

Having said that, Tepai is so hard to stop even when you know he is going to run and "unders" line right over you, that he is worth his place in any schoolboy team.

And having said that, Tepai had the best game I have seen him play for Oz Schools against NZ Schools last year when he was called in after Jack Tuttle dropped out with tonsilitis.

I wonder what his future will be, whatever code he settles in, as he plays against players who matured physically later than he did.

DYEL

Bob McCowan (2)
Lee,
I believe it was Moeroa last year in the schoolboys game, who stopped a New Zealand runner so hard in his tracks it was comparable to him hitting a brick wall. Any who have been in attendance at GPS athletics for the last several years will have undoubtedly seen this Goliath throwing what he makes to look like a tennis ball for upwards of 17 metres. Truly exceptional power and strength, would be interested to see his lifting stats in deadlift, squat and bench? (any new boys here help me out!).
Milne often appears to be the more elusive of the pair, with his flick passes and offload ability second to none in the GPS.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There is no doubt that Taane is the more elusive player and he is also more deceptive and a better facilitator of others.

I think he is playing better than he was last year or the year before, even factoring in the age difference for the years.

DYEL

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm led to believe that more often than not Moeroa plays second row in league (as many second rowers in league convert easily to centres), whilst Milne plays solely in the backline?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I'd think Matt Sandell, Andrew Kellaway, Tepai Morea and Taane Milne will be there barring injury. You'd think that at least one of Jack Clancy or Andrew Deegan will get a spot, more of a Deegan fan myself but both deserving. Dark horses include the second rowers Lachie Cannell and Ned Hanigan and the halfbacks Joey Lussick and Mitch Short (who'd be a real dark horse). If Rory Davies can step up for CS then he could be pushing for a spot as well. Ollie Kamp is playing some great footy at the moment as well.
I agree with you on all counts here R2. The genuine dark horse belongs to Short. The type of 9 suited to the tour. Passes both ways better than any other GPS halfback. Cheeky as all get up too. Lachie Cannell made the Westlake First XV last year and has got better from what I have seen. He and Hanigan would compliment each other well, but in saying that, I haven't seen or heard of any genuine air boys from the other states yet either. It will be interesting to say the least next week

Status
Not open for further replies.