• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
from

In 2007, ASADA arrived at the Head of the River rowing regatta to conduct tests after it received a "credible tip-off" [edit/read: by parents from another school]. Some principals rebuffed the agency at the time, but that attitude has since evolved.[edit: unannounced, no forewarning to any headmasters and during the HOR regatta and targeted one school in particular].
They turned up again at SIRC in 2009 seeking boys from the same school to piss for them and were told to piss off.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
HJ, thanks for wipeing GPSrow's last comment, and banning him. I think some of these younger contributors need to smarten-up.

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
The ABC programme Catalyst, did an investigation into the supplement trade a couple of weeks ago, it's well worth a look for those interested.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
with Round 3 nearly upon us can we look at any changes to teams (over the break) and what we predict the results will be this weekend?

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Round 3 review

Kings v Shore (at Gowen Brae)
This will be the upset of the round. Kings have been hammered in posts for the past 4 weeks but few gave them credit for meeting the top 2 sides first up.

With both teams having sustained losses in Rounds 1 & 2 it will be a test of the 'emotional intelligence' for these teams. Have they prepared well at their respective camps; Shore at Gold Coast and Kings at school?

My pick will be a very close game with Kings ahead due to better kicking (goal and general play).

Key players will be:
Kings: Kane, Davies, Ballantyne and McCalman
Shore: Clancy (2), Emery, Woodhill and Cooke

Scots v Riverview (at Bellevue Hill)
Teamwork will be the secret in the match. Scots have a star team on paper (which they also believe) and Riverview play as though they are all mates. Riverview will need to learn how to play their patterns with the Capt and VC out for next 4 weeks.

Scots may go into this clash with a false security on the result and they will need to be beware of the smaller opposition.

Key players will be:
Scots: Kellaway, Crichton, Kamp and Short
View: Mete, Freeman and McGregor.

Newington v Joeys (at Stanmore)
This match will be a little like the Stanmore game. That is, the fancied team will probably win but will need to earn the result.
The set piece will determine the outcome at Stanmore and if Joeys can win more than their fair share of ball they will go close to toppling the boys in white.

Key players will be:
Newington: Moeroa, Lussick, Cannell and Morris
Joeys: Sandell, Hanigan, Deegan and Cohen

Summary
All the rep players coming back from a grueling 3 week campaign will need to perform. Last year, some of the lads thought they just had to run on to the paddock to win and got rude surprises.

The rep players will also need to remember that many very good players were overlooked and are coming into Round 3 fresh and eager to show their talents.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Round 3 review

Kings v Shore (at Gowen Brae)
This will be the upset of the round. Kings have been hammered in posts for the past 4 weeks but few gave them credit for meeting the top 2 sides first up.

With both teams having sustained losses in Rounds 1 & 2 it will be a test of the 'emotional intelligence' for these teams. Have they prepared well at their respective camps; Shore at Gold Coast and Kings at school?

My pick will be a very close game with Kings ahead due to better kicking (goal and general play).

Key players will be:
Kings: Kane, Davies, Ballantyne and McCalman
Shore: Clancy (2), Emery, Woodhill and Cooke

Scots v Riverview (at Bellevue Hill)
Teamwork will be the secret in the match. Scots have a star team on paper (which they also believe) and Riverview play as though they are all mates. Riverview will need to learn how to play their patterns with the Capt and VC out for next 4 weeks.

Scots may go into this clash with a false security on the result and they will need to be beware of the smaller opposition.

Key players will be:
Scots: Kellaway, Crichton, Kamp and Short
View: Mete, Freeman and McGregor.

Newington v Joeys (at Stanmore)
This match will be a little like the Stanmore game. That is, the fancied team will probably win but will need to earn the result.
The set piece will determine the outcome at Stanmore and if Joeys can win more than their fair share of ball they will go close to toppling the boys in white.

Key players will be:
Newington: Moeroa, Lussick, Cannell and Morris
Joeys: Sandell, Hanigan, Deegan and Cohen

Summary
All the rep players coming back from a grueling 3 week campaign will need to perform. Last year, some of the lads thought they just had to run on to the paddock to win and got rude surprises.

The rep players will also need to remember that many very good players were overlooked and are coming into Round 3 fresh and eager to show their talents.
"Scots v Riverview (at Bellevue Hill)
Teamwork will be the secret in the match. Scots have a star team on paper (which they also believe) and Riverview play as though they are all mates. "...........just don't like the Gold in the jumper? or were you watching SOO and in a bad mood??

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
"Scots v Riverview (at Bellevue Hill)
Teamwork will be the secret in the match. Scots have a star team on paper (which they also believe) and Riverview play as though they are all mates. ".....just don't like the Gold in the jumper? or were you watching SOO and in a bad mood??
Nah, I just don't like dummy spits by the team leadership, as evidenced by tossing the ball at opposition after whistle blown or the captain trying to prove his toughness by rubbing an opposition's face into the dirt whilst knowing any retaliation will garner a PK or kicking the ball away after the whistle. [I haven't evidenced any of these actions within the New 1st XV].

Players should value and treasure their time representing the school's top team and not behave as spoiled brats.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Nah, I just don't like dummy spits by the team leadership, as evidenced by tossing the ball at opposition after whistle blown or the captain trying to prove his toughness by rubbing an opposition's face into the dirt whilst knowing any retaliation will garner a PK or kicking the ball away after the whistle. [I haven't evidenced any of these actions within the New 1st XV].

Players should value and treasure their time representing the school's top team and not behave as spoiled brats.
maybe we could run a league table for most 'dummy spits' whilst representing your school???

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)

Didn't see it...must have had my "1 eye" closed....i put it down to the Red Hair:D...fair call though...I would presume that won't happen again knowing said boys AND their parents:)

lineoutjumper

Stan Wickham (3)
Shore may be in a little trouble this week, due none the less should do the job out at parramatta, they have Pedrana (3), Streeter (1), Wrench (8) and Duncan (13) out for this game with short term injury

Status
Not open for further replies.