• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any results from Weigall from SGS v TAS?
Grammar pulled off a draw in a game they should have lost by 20+. Oddly, they had a chance to win at the death, but the conversion from a few metres to the right of the upright was diverted by an Armidale hand.

The odds thing is that in spite of a penalty count they lost by 10+, a number of pointless kicks and an inability to win any of their set piece, the mere fact they hung in the game at all is a testament to their talent and capabilities. Unfortunately, their 14's probably getting the cold shoulder from his teammates right now.

Standouts were 2, 10 and 13 for TAS.
Grammar had no standouts, but solid games for 4, 6, 10 and 14.

Final result a 12-all draw, both teams scoring two tries and missing close range conversions.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can somebody please acquaint me with the rules regarding the permitted location of a GPS Coach during the game?

Are you inquiring about the Joeys 4ths coach who proved himself quite the goose today getting a quite upset that the New players were getting various body parts in the way of their opposition's fists and studs. (I must say most of the boys from both teams were fine)

On the New firsts game I think pulling the #10 and #9 off really gave Joeys an opportunity and they took it well. It was also another case of several missed kicks by New.

Not surprised at the Scots v View score, I am not surprised, I think View are getting a little more credit than they warrant

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
TAS 12, SGS 12. Entertaining game, but with errors on both sides. Still, that added to the fun. Both teams can improve.
Grammar way below their level against SJC 3rds probably due to several injuries.
TAS a little more physically willing in the contact, I thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Are you inquiring about the Joeys 4ths coach who proved himself quite the goose today getting a quite upset that the New players were getting various body parts in the way of their opposition's fists and studs. (I must say most of the boys from both teams were fine)

On the New firsts game I think pulling the #10 and #9 off really gave Joeys an opportunity and they took it well. It was also another case of several missed kicks by New.

Not surprised at the Scots v View score, I am not surprised, I think View are getting a little more credit than they warrant
Scots clearly the better side on the day, however the score blew out from about 24-10 when Riverview had their big 8 sinned binned with around 15 mins to go. View had a very poor day in the line out, which stifled any attacking opportunities and just gave way too much possession to a powerful Scots side.in fact when view had some possession the backs looked quite dangerous, but in the end they just ran out of puff.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

as far as I know GPS 1st coaches should be either in the respective bench area or behind the ropes. There is also a code of conduct for all GPS coaches about positive acknowledgement of good play by both teams, no negative comments towards referees or opposition players, coaches and supporters.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That's not very sporting.
AAGPS Code of Practice:
"All coaches (and particularly those who are not on the teaching staff) should ensure that they are fully aware of the expectations and practices of the school in which they are coaching. Coaches should remember that school sport plays an important role in a boy's education and is for the benefit of boys rather than adults.
Coaches should teach sound sportsmanship along with games skills; chivalrous conduct is an important element of school sport.
Coaches are asked to bear in mind that even senior school students need guidance; make clear the school's expectations regarding courtesies, punctuality, behaviour and dress.
Leadership and responsibility on the part of the captain should be encouraged. Coaches should refrain from running every detail or interjecting from the sidelines. (It is acknowledged that traditions and practices differ between, say, basketball on the one hand and, on the other, cricket and rugby.)
Coaches should not engage in excessive and ritual "psyching up" of a team.
If a match is lost, coaches should avoid giving the impression always that it could have been won if the team had played with more determination. (The opposition is sometimes just too skilful!) Similarly, coaches should avoid stating or giving the impression to players that bad refereeing decisions cost them the game.
Coaches should avoid any hint of criticising the umpiring or refereeing of a match - particularly in front of boys or parents.
A coach's aim should be always to coach in such a way that boys are able to learn for themselves.
Coaches are encouraged to establish and regularly to renew cordial relations with the coaches of opposing teams."
http://www.aagps.nsw.edu.au/

Most of the schools have something similar.
Honored more in the breach than the observation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
I still find the TSC v SIC 16As result amazing.
Quick Hands.
I was at the 16A's for Scots today and really it was quite difficult to watch. I think it is quite disheartening for the riverview boys for as hard as they tried the scots boys were just simply bigger and faster from number 1-15. However, the standard from the scots boys was just phenomenal with a rumour going around the ground that apparently they had actually defeated their own 2nd XV at a training session. One thing which really begs the question that possibly a few boys have recently come into the school for scots is the fact that riverview 16B's won 22-12. Really begs the question about the depth of the age group and whether Scots have recently bolstered their stocks in the age group?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Quick Hands.
I was at the 16A's for Scots today and really it was quite difficult to watch. I think it is quite disheartening for the riverview boys for as hard as they tried the scots boys were just simply bigger and faster from number 1-15. However, the standard from the scots boys was just phenomenal with a rumour going around the ground that apparently they had actually defeated their own 2nd XV at a training session. One thing which really begs the question that possibly a few boys have recently come into the school for scots is the fact that riverview 16B's won 22-12. Really begs the question about the depth of the age group and whether Scots have recently bolstered their stocks in the age group?
For a Riverview A side to be beaten by that much really leaves me speechless (and I'm not an SIC supporter, old boy or parent).

The Spectator

Herbert Moran (7)
Quick Hands.

Newington 16As were beaten 5-63 by Joeys (without imports). Be interesting how Newington will bolster its ranks in the next two years as Scots is now "scholarship central".

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Im new to this forum and don't want to step outside boundaries that i am only briefly aware of but .......... are we assuming that the Scots has imported allot of players in the 16's ? do we have proof of this ? Why do we assume that Scots have when New has lost by a similar margin to Joeys? ..... its no secret how very few of the New first 15 started in year 7 ......same for last year i believe .......... I don't want to get into a debate about imports but as a father of two boys in the prep at Scots and an old boy I can tell you that the appointment of Marcus Blackburn as director of rugby at Scots several years ago has brought about a complete grass roots up development program from year 3 in the prep to the first 15......... the rugby program has been planned and implemented from the ground up and the results are starting to show over the past few years, it seems to me that this is the way all of the GPS schools will need to go from now on if they want to secure the holy grail.......... wether thats good or bad i'm not sure.................

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
OK guys no more insinuations of scholarships etc. Take it to the scholarships thread where everybody can jump in boots and all.

Nor quote somebody on the matter - you can always click on 'reply' and copy the quote and post it in the scholarships thread.

Let's just talk about the rugby and the players who played, wherever they came from and wherever they are going after school.

Unfortunately any further posts that mention scholarships, even in part, will be deleted.

Thank you.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
For a Riverview A side to be beaten by that much really leaves me speechless (and I'm not an SIC supporter, old boy or parent).

A factor to be taken into account is that Riverview had 3 of its 16s playing in the 1sts today and 2 in the 2nds.

Riverview has won the As matches in this age group in the last few years when these 5 players were a part of their team.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Can somebody please acquaint me with the rules regarding the permitted location of a GPS Coach during the game?
I think Mssr Rapp will stand wherever he feels he needs (wants)to. He has a lot riding on this year. If you asked him to move, I reckon I would be able to guess the response too

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Rappy was outside the field of play behind the goal posts; sometimes he spoke to the New players defending their goal line — nothing wrong with that.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
A factor to be taken into account is that Riverview had 3 of its 16s playing in the 1sts today and 2 in the 2nds.

Riverview has won the As matches in this age group in the last few years when these 5 players were a part of their team.

The 16A's have 5 missing this year, and upwards of 8 last year where they were only managed to secure a draw against Grammar. Its a shame, really skewing the competition against those that place players up for talent/development like View and Shore have done in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.