• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I think its pretty important to keep a connection going between SGS, TAS and SBHS - soon to be joined by Shore? - I thought in the 15s there was a good clash of styles. And TAS were competitive.
TAS won the 13s very easily: despite what I gather is some unfamiliarity - I overheard the TAS coach asking "Who are the lineout jumpers?".

It would have been fun to meet you at the game. We must have passed each other! Nice to share with someone with common interests. I wander with my camera. I went to watch the 15s first because a friend's son was playing. I then posted a an album on facebook for that game.

I don't think that there is any danger re connection between the three schools. I watched last year as TAS boys joined the lines to cheer the SGS boys out, And then there is the annual SBH/TAS visit. this is a big thing, it really is. Hundreds of boys in multiple sports all experiencing boarding for the first time and exposure to the country.

I feel so proud of my old school. Sorry at the way this post has become personal.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It would have been fun to meet you at the game. We must have passed each other! Nice to share with someone with common interests. I wander with my camera. I went to watch the 15s first because a friend's son was playing. I then posted a an album on facebook for that game.

I don't think that there is any danger re connection between the three schools. I watched last year as TAS boys joined the lines to cheer the SGS boys out, And then there is the annual SBH/TAS visit. this is a big thing, it really is. Hundreds of boys in multiple sports all experiencing boarding for the first time and exposure to the country.

I feel so proud of my old school. Sorry at the way this post has become personal.
I love the 3rd XV competition this year, all 9 schools involved. It seems very even and all schools have a chance. High either beat or I think had a draw with Riverview and Grammar has a good game with Joeys as well. (A win to SGS?)

High played Kinross this week, anyone know the scores?

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
TRue enough but even when the boys who are now playing up were in the 16s (i.e. Hutch, McGregor, Hurley and Hancock they didn't win against Joeys or Scots.

It points to more a lack of depth in View than anything else that these players are parachuted in.

Calling it a lack of depth is a fair but interesting call, with all players (Hutch, McGregor, Hurley and Hancock) playing either sydney or nsw (correct me if im wrong) and in fact hutchision playing aus schoolboys, are you arguing saying hutchision should be in the 16's, that'd be dreadful an aussie schoolboy in the 16's, im not to sure why you would call it a lack of depth, ill agree it may not be the best move but in the long run it will pay off, for the school as having experience and combinations in a team is vital. The reason for rorke at 9 is they feel both him and the seconds 9 are about the same and putting him in the 1's will give him confidence for the years to come, on that point i thought he had a great game yesterday, i would nearly say he was best for view in the backline behind hutchison.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
With riverview and Scots leading into a much anticipated game with many hoping it would go down to the wire as the seconds game did before, but it wasn't to be. Riverview's two best players were out and will remain out for the rest of the season, (hunt & Kennedy) with hunt maybe making a quick return. And for Scots Crichton out for them. big shuffle around in the back line with Kellaway slipping back into home at the back, and Mitch short feeling out of place at 10.

Scots dominated everything, quick to the break down and little handling errors, but what nearly let view back into the game early in the second half was the amount of penalties they were giving away, view would do the same thing kick for touch and go to a line out, but fail to get the ball back of the line out and letting Scots of the hook again, it wasn't the number 2's best day for view, having a lot of trouble throwing the ball in straight with the wind swirling around. Scots back line looked solid but did look shaky when riverview managed to string some phases together but it seemed a handling error from the blue and white stripes would let them off again. some poor tackling just before half time from riverview is what really killed it for them, as a few vital 1 on 1's were missed this leading to points on a few occasions. View never gave up but were out muscled in every part of the game and getting sent to 14 men didn't help there cause to get back in the game, from there Scots ran away with it and Andrew Kellaway showing why he will be the aus schoolboy number 15 with a great performance especially a brilliant try running outside the view back line as if they were stuck in the mud, he has some serious quick acceleration of the mark and view let him run a little to much, it was obvious what there plan was to kick it away from him and it worked the majority of the time, but when he did get the ball he looked dangerous as usual. Overall disappointment for riverview and that would seem any chance of a premiership gone, as for the Scots boys gives them a big confidence boost and looks like next's weeks game could determine who wins the premiership. Well done Scots on an excellent game, but have things to work on in preparation of next weeks meritorious task of taking on the champions.

The Spectator

Herbert Moran (7)
Calling it a lack of depth is a fair but interesting call, with all players (Hutch, McGregor, Hurley and Hancock) playing either sydney or nsw (correct me if im wrong) and in fact hutchision playing aus schoolboys, are you arguing saying hutchision should be in the 16's, that'd be dreadful an aussie schoolboy in the 16's, im not to sure why you would call it a lack of depth, ill agree it may not be the best move but in the long run it will pay off, for the school as having experience and combinations in a team is vital. The reason for rorke at 9 is they feel both him and the seconds 9 are about the same and putting him in the 1's will give him confidence for the years to come, on that point i thought he had a great game yesterday, i would nearly say he was best for view in the backline behind hutchison.

No lack of talent with the 4 mentioned players, it is the rest of the teams! The point was even with those players the 15As were weak in 2012, as are the Bs, Cs etc. Without them the 16As are weaker still. Shame really.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I don't think people are saying those boys should be playing 16As instead of 1sts. I think what is being said is that the replacement players aren't really 16As standard and thus the team is quite weak.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
No lack of talent with the 4 mentioned players, it is the rest of the teams! The point was even with those players the 15As were weak in 2012, as are the Bs, Cs etc. Without them the 16As are weaker still. Shame really.

The facts do not support your contention that with those 4 playing in the 15As in 2012 the team was weak given that Riverview lost only to Joeys.

I appreciate that Scots were affected by Glengarry participation but the current Scots 16As side is a much improved version from its full strength 15As side in 2012.

Having said that I don't dispute the point made in Quick Hands last post.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think one of the problems with Riverviews 16s is that they have not been graded properly. If Your Cs beat your Bs then there is a problem! Even last year in the 15s they were changing players around at the end of the season.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
With riverview and Scots leading into a much anticipated game with many hoping it would go down to the wire as the seconds game did before, but it wasn't to be.

I've tarted you post up WTG and added it to the blog report for Round 3.

[Does anybody know the scoring details - or at least the half-time score.]

For anybody interested I have added some photos and a slide-show of the New v Joeys game.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/nsw-gps-round-3-match-reports/2/

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
With riverview and Scots leading into a much anticipated game with many hoping it would go down to the wire as the seconds game did before, but it wasn't to be. Riverview's two best players were out and will remain out for the rest of the season, (hunt & Kennedy) with hunt maybe making a quick return. And for Scots Crichton out for them. big shuffle around in the back line with Kellaway slipping back into home at the back, and Mitch short feeling out of place at 10.

Scots dominated everything, quick to the break down and little handling errors, but what nearly let view back into the game early in the second half was the amount of penalties they were giving away, view would do the same thing kick for touch and go to a line out, but fail to get the ball back of the line out and letting Scots of the hook again, it wasn't the number 2's best day for view, having a lot of trouble throwing the ball in straight with the wind swirling around. Scots back line looked solid but did look shaky when riverview managed to string some phases together but it seemed a handling error from the blue and white stripes would let them off again. some poor tackling just before half time from riverview is what really killed it for them, as a few vital 1 on 1's were missed this leading to points on a few occasions. View never gave up but were out muscled in every part of the game and getting sent to 14 men didn't help there cause to get back in the game, from there Scots ran away with it and Andrew Kellaway showing why he will be the aus schoolboy number 15 with a great performance especially a brilliant try running outside the view back line as if they were stuck in the mud, he has some serious quick acceleration of the mark and view let him run a little to much, it was obvious what there plan was to kick it away from him and it worked the majority of the time, but when he did get the ball he looked dangerous as usual. Overall disappointment for riverview and that would seem any chance of a premiership gone, as for the Scots boys gives them a big confidence boost and looks like next's weeks game could determine who wins the premiership. Well done Scots on an excellent game, but have things to work on in preparation of next weeks meritorious task of taking on the champions.

Good summation of the game, but Callum Styles played 10 in a direct swap with Kellaway. Short played 9.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Sorry that FW has been out of action for a while, but as you may have realised when there are no GPS games being played I go into a state of hibernation.

As we go into the third GPS game of the season, it does seem clear that Newington have put their hand up as competition favourites, with Scots hot on their heels. Having said this, complacency will begin to become a factor in the race for the sheild. Teams like Shore who are renowned for their ability to upset a competition favourite will come into their own at this uncertain stage of the season.

Predictions for the weekend-
Shore to get up by 10 against Kings. I like that Kings have shifted Kane into 12, but I still don't think they are a strong enough team across the park to cause any serious damage.
Scots to be too strong for young Riverview team that is still yet to find out what it takes to be a champion team, perhaps waiting until next year.
Newington over Joeys. This will be the game of the round. Newington have put a target on their head with this early season dominance and no doubt every team that goes up against them from now on will treat it as one of their biggest games of the season. Newington will expect this and will prove to be too classy for a handy Joeys side.

Peace, FW out.

Yugo Wolf is back, and better than ever.

Having been to the Newington game on the weekend, i can clearly say that had newington played at 100%, they would have beaten Joeys by a more difinitive margin. Falling off in the last 10 minutes and still winning by 15 points proved that Newington are clearly the boys to beat in this comp. I was suprised to see star 1st XV halfback Patrick Curtin from Joeys relegated to the 2s. But admittedly his star performance there suggested he was enjoying himself. Tevita played solidly in 1s, but Joey Lussick was too strong. Angering Tepai moreoa didnt help the poor Joes, but instead ended in a try streak for New. Big game of this week will be New Vs Scots, both undefeated with large wins under there belt. Quote was almost unrelated bar the sign off, please dont steal my signature move FW, it satisfies my cravings for individualism in this modern day, superficial world, where alt is mainstream, and indy is not so indy.

Wolf Out.

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Yugo Wolf is back, and better than ever.

Quote was almost unrelated bar the sign off, please dont steal my signature move FW, it satisfies my cravings for individualism in this modern day, superficial world, where alt is mainstream, and indy is not so indy.

Wolf Out.

Please stop! Dont belittle this page and the values it stands for. We are all here to get ome inside info on the GPS comp. Childish behaviour like that is a waste of space and not needed in this blog. I shall not report that post, but I do believe it is unacceptable.

GPS ROWER OUT !!!

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Please stop! Dont belittle this page and the values it stands for. We are all here to get ome inside info on the GPS comp. Childish behaviour like that is a waste of space and not needed in this blog. I shall not report that post, but I do believe it is unacceptable.

GPS ROWER OUT !!!

Im just stamping my authority on the likes of FW, help a brother out. Would you steal a purse? Would you steal a TV? Downloading, a catchphrase, IS STEALING! I dont appreciate being degraded like this. Its an attack of personal identity. I know weve had arguments in the past Mr Rower, but lets keep it civil, for the sake of the grand gentlemen on this board. I was simply making an analysis. Also please don't use my catchphrase. except Random2, with whom i have an agreement. (xoxo)

Wolf Out.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Newington 32 defeated St Josephs 22
Not sure about Grammar vs Armidale,
You know you love me,
xoxo
Gossip girl

False. Newington lost 22-0 in 3rd XV, Grammar drew with Armidale 12 - 12. I know this through my own sight(Newington), and grammar due to my intense emailing friendship with our very own GPSrow, who is currently banned due to talking about drugs in sport. May he rest in peace, for the next 2 weeks.

Wolf Out.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is Crichton out?! Not good.

I'd go as far as saying, that without him, Scots will struggle...

Also I realise that I had Taane and Tepai Moeroa mixed up ... Lee's match summary cleared that up for me

Tepai is a freakish talent ... really hope he stays in union ... although between shot put, league ... I reckon that kid could do anything ... we might ... at this rate .... need to air drop him into the Ashes team ... he'd go alright with Agar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.