• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
This week we will see the return of Riverview vice captain and halfback Michael Kennedy. After being out for almost a month due to ligament damage it will be interesting if he can face up against newington.

Also this weekend we will see Riverview Captain Ben Hunt on the bench as he has once again pulled a muscle in his back.

You are an absolute **** spreading rumours like this, surely as a riverview boarder which im sure you are you have trials to study for! Kennedy Not playing! and Ben Hunt ready and raring to go!

the offside

Frank Row (1)
You are an absolute **** spreading rumours like this, surely as a riverview boarder which im sure you are you have trials to study for! Kennedy Not playing! and Ben Hunt ready and raring to go!

It will be very interesting to see you proved wrong tomorrow when Ben Hunt and the rest of the Boys tunnel out michael and the rest of the first 15.

Ontop of that Prop Nathen Kelly will be playing half a game giving new comer Jack Harrison (import) a run.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
As random2 indicates: O'Shea has been in red-hot form for the Twos and deserves a shot playing flyhalf in the Ones - where he will shine next year, I'm sure.

Hanigan plays no.8 for Joeys and was missed last week but the backrow subs have played well this year and the shifts in position haven't affected them too much either.

But their opponent, Shore, is reeling with injuries and all of these players could be out tomorrow - and several longer than that:

1. Streeter
3. Pedrana (maybe)
4. Oliver
5. Cater
8. Lucas
10. J. Clancy
12. Duncan
14. Connolly
15. N. Clancy

LG - are you serious? These are the "outs" for Shore? What a shame for the boys, and any prediction on the score? Cheers, Wreckless :(

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There were some interesting results in the age groups last week at Northbridge. On the day, honours looked pretty evenly divided all the way through. Shore comfortably won the 16 as and 16Bs, 15As and 15Bs to New in close ones, Shore convincingly won 14As and 14Bs, the big mismatch seemed to be the 13As which New won 74-0. How have New gone against other 13A teams?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
LG - are you serious? These are the "outs" for Shore? What a shame for the boys, and any prediction on the score? Cheers, Wreckless :(

I said "could be"; it suffices to say they are all under an injury cloud and some are out for the season..

I forgot to include Wrench.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
You told me to ask you on friday so here i am!! Any 1st and 2nds backlines?

1st
9: Lussick
10: Anderson
11: Kennewell
12: Abrahams
13: Moeroa
14: Loga-Tairogi
15: Taane

2nd
9: Shipsey (making debut)
10: Vianellos
11: Dixon
12: Ball
13: Mitchell (returning from injury)
14: Wicken
15: Zinonos

Not totally sure about 2nds. good to see Lachie anderson in 1s and Taane having a go at 15. this backline for the 2s is more size than speed, expect some big hits from mitchell

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
For Riverview 2nds 5/8 Jim Lance makes his return from a hip flexor injury. He has been in fine form this season and will be an interesting face up against opposing 10 Shipsey making his debut, both able to make or break the game.

Seems an intriguing move in the firsts backline to cater for the in-form Anderson, although could be in the favour of Riverview. Tepai will be well covered by Hutchison in the centres, however the change gives more room for Milne at fullback, surely to be avoided by a smart Riverview kicking game.

I think the change will enable forward running off View 5/8 to get across the advantage line, testing the defence of Anderson and the agility of Abrahams at 12. It was a similar combination for the premiership side last year.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
1st
9: Lussick
10: Anderson
11: Kennewell
12: Abrahams
13: Moeroa
14: Loga-Tairogi
15: Taane

2nd
9: Shipsey (making debut)
10: Vianellos
11: Dixon
12: Ball
13: Mitchell (returning from injury)
14: Wicken
15: Zinonos

Not totally sure about 2nds. good to see Lachie anderson in 1s and Taane having a go at 15. this backline for the 2s is more size than speed, expect some big hits from mitchell

Interesting and some good insight NM! As I have said before - Mitchell not "dropped" just coming back from injury.

And sorry to say "I told you all before! " but the biggest hole in Newington's backline that they have had to fill is Matt Hood! People who think the 15 has little or no impact are deluded - look at Kellaway!

Anderson added some spark last week when he came on - good selection I reckon!

New back row all firing - this kid Stuart Mill @#7 is more than holding his own amongst illustrious company in Cannell & Morris! Will Vuni be back in the front three? - Sione had a good game at Shore! Prassas & Vassilis look good at locks.

Cheers, Wreckless :)

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Kings 23 Scots 10 in 16A's. The try count was close with penalties and conversions the difference although Kings were the better side on the day. Really a case of Kings forwards against Scots backline. It was a close game throughout with Kings leading into the break 6 - 5. Best for Kings big number 8 with 15 dominant for Scots.

There were a few boys out on both sides nursing injuries and colds. Well played to all and good luck to both sides chasing down Joey's who are the outstanding team in this division.

Status
Not open for further replies.