• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1st - Joeys 32-21 Shore
2nds - Joeys 31-5 Shore
3rds - Joeys 19-17 TAS
3rds - Shore 21-19 High
16As - Joeys 31-0 Shore

Joeys almost lost it with a lot of changes mid game for both teams but when they had most of there players on Joeys looked promising and should look forward to the big game vs View next week. Shore are a solid side and are getting closer to that win. Joeys dominate in the 2s and in the 3s apparently a try in the corner on the bell and a conversion from the sideline won it for them up at Armidale. Strong win for the Joeys 16As who were missing 8 players.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
1st - Joeys 32-21 Shore
2nds - Joeys 31-5 Shore
3rds - Joeys 19-17 TAS
3rds - Shore 21-19 High
16As - Joeys 31-0 Shore

Joeys almost lost it with a lot of changes mid game for both teams but when they had most of there players on Joeys looked promising and should look forward to the big game vs View next week. Shore are a solid side and are getting closer to that win. Joeys dominate in the 2s and in the 3s apparently a try in the corner on the bell and a conversion from the sideline won it for them up at Armidale. Strong win for the Joeys 16As who were missing 8 players.

That's a devastating loss for TAS. They went into the game in third place, one point in front of Joeys, with a decent chance of the premiership. I don't have all the results and I'm not sure of the bye, but with Grammar winning 31-0 against Newies, this would appear to drop TAS into fifth place behind SJC and SGS.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
2nds : View 28 def. New 14

Spiteful & undisciplined game blown up early after ref totally lost control!

I dont think he "totally lost control": there was a very undisciplined effort - with one very effective punch to the face from a New player - to which some exception was taken by View. That kid was marched. There was some "argy bargy" after that but I saw nothing other than a bit of pushing and shoving.
3 or 4 View coaches then marched onto the pitch - I dont care if they are teachers they should not do this: it looked poor and it added to a sense that the game was out control.
These same View coaches had been egging things on from inside the rope - hurling "advice" at the ref about what should be done about things. Including taunting the New 10 when he threw a pass that missed its mark with calls of "he's lost it now".
Very poor form and if this is the behaviour in the top flight of GPS rugby then frankly you can keep it.
One of them seemed to ask the ref to call it off after the scuffle was what I saw.

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
I dont think he "totally lost control": there was a very undisciplined effort - with one very effective punch to the face from a New player - to which some exception was taken by View. That kid was marched. There was some "argy bargy" after that but I saw nothing other than a bit of pushing and shoving.
3 or 4 View coaches then marched onto the pitch - I dont care if they are teachers they should not do this: it looked poor and it added to a sense that the game was out control.
These same View coaches had been egging things on from inside the rope - hurling "advice" at the ref about what should be done about things. Including taunting the New 10 when he threw a pass that missed its mark with calls of "he's lost it now".
Very poor form and if this is the behaviour in the top flight of GPS rugby then frankly you can keep it.
One of them seemed to ask the ref to call it off after the scuffle was what I saw.

I was watching the game from a top of Newington's beautiful hill today and what i saw in the 2nds game disgusted me. A riverview boy put a hit on the Newington player and as soon as the Newington boy got up (won't say name as just a kid and kids make mistakes) he started laying into the helpless boy on the ground. Then what came next was embarrassing 3 Newington boys came in and started swinging at this defenceless riverview boy on the ground. Then as you said players from both teams came in and there was some argy bargy. Two red cards one each and as i saw it for the game to be canned was a fair call. The coaches from view came to the aid of their players and were pulling players apart in no way aggressive just restraining what was now completely out of control. I thought the ref handled it extremely well with such a ridiculous altercation that had arisen.

Also the Newington boys had been filthy all day with two yellow cards already having been given out for foul play. It was a pity because it was such a great game.

I would have to say congratulations to the boys from both sides who showed cool heads and split up the fight especially i noticed number 5 from View (i think captain) and the two big islander boys number 1 and 2 from Newington.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was watching the game from a top of Newington's beautiful hill today and what i saw in the 2nds game disgusted me. A riverview boy put a hit on the Newington player and as soon as the Newington boy got up (won't say name as just a kid and kids make mistakes) he started laying into the helpless boy on the ground. Then what came next was embarrassing 3 Newington boys came in and started swinging at this defenceless riverview boy on the ground. Then as you said players from both teams came in and there was some argy bargy. Two red cards one each and as i saw it for the game to be canned was a fair call. The coaches from view came to the aid of their players and were pulling players apart in no way aggressive just restraining what was now completely out of control. I thought the ref handled it extremely well with such a ridiculous altercation that had arisen.

Also the Newington boys had been filthy all day with two yellow cards already having been given out for foul play. It was a pity because it was such a great game.

I would have to say congratulations to the boys from both sides who showed cool heads and split up the fight especially i noticed number 5 from View (i think captain) and the two big islander boys number 1 and 2 from Newington.

OK - from where i was sitting I missed some of the aftermath of the punch which I could hear land!
I really feel that the egging on I heard in the first half - on the far side from where you were sitting - by the View coaches played a role in this.
Fully endorse the fact that once "no side" was blown the boys were shaking hands showing that they, at least, had kept level heads.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)

IS. I totally agree. Sitting there watching it all unfold just made what was a very rare and explosive fight turn into an out of control dispute that led to the game being called early, coaches 'barking' at each other and then for some weird reason, the Newington band of boys not even being allowed to walk onto the field to "tunnel-on" their 1st XV.

Newington could've won that match and Riverview should've been happy to play on.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Kings 23 Scots 10 in 16A's. The try count was close with penalties and conversions the difference although Kings were the better side on the day. Really a case of Kings forwards against Scots backline. It was a close game throughout with Kings leading into the break 6 - 5. Best for Kings big number 8 with 15 dominant for Scots.

There were a few boys out on both sides nursing injuries and colds. Well played to all and good luck to both sides chasing down Joey's who are the outstanding team in this division.
Great result for Kings, this Scots team are a very good rugby side.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I know you New boys will be up in arms about this but i got to say that number 1 field is not the best.
The surface seems a bit sus. It's got a bad slope to the south east and east.
Its a perfect ampitheatre that just needs a little tarting up.
How about a little grandstand on the grass slope for old codgers like me?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
IS. I totally agree. Sitting there watching it all unfold just made what was a very rare and explosive fight turn into an out of control dispute that led to the game being called early, coaches 'barking' at each other and then for some weird reason, the Newington band of boys not even being allowed to walk onto the field to "tunnel-on" their 1st XV.

Newington could've won that match and Riverview should've been happy to play on.
The appearance of anyone but the 30 players, referee and touch judges onto the field is not appropriate and generally only leads to an escalation of the problems. It sounds like some adults need to have a look at themselves and some coaches need to take a stand against their own players.

One suspects that the increase in "professionalism" and the subsequent raising of stakes in schoolboy rugby has at least in part led to such outbursts. Apparently similar events at Augustines and Pats 1sts with red cards and match called with 11 mins to go.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
OK - from where i was sitting I missed some of the aftermath of the punch which I could hear land!
I really feel that the egging on I heard in the first half - on the far side from where you were sitting - by the View coaches played a role in this.
Fully endorse the fact that once "no side" was blown the boys were shaking hands showing that they, at least, had kept level heads.

'What happens on the field stays on the field'. My mate's nephew (he played in the 3's) told me that funnily enough 2 or 3 of the players on both sides involved in the fight were in fact good mates and played junior club footy together.

I was sitting on the bank of the Newington Hill and the Newington Coaching Staff could've had the same reaction.......

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I know you New boys will be up in arms about this but i got to say that number 1 field is not the best.
Maybe like the slope at Lords, it's a tradition ;).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The appearance of anyone but the 30 players, referee and touch judges onto the field is not appropriate and generally only leads to an escalation of the problems. It sounds like some adults need to have a look at themselves and some coaches need to take a stand against their own players.

One suspects that the increase in "professionalism" and the subsequent raising of stakes in schoolboy rugby has at least in part led to such outbursts. Apparently similar events at Augustines and Pats 1sts with red cards and match called with 11 mins to go.

Hmmmm.
These teachers/coaches are the people we trust with our kids - hell I hope they converse with them more than I do!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
'What happens on the field stays on the field'. My mate's nephew (he played in the 3's) told me that funnily enough 2 or 3 of the players on both sides involved in the fight were in fact good mates and played junior club footy together.

I was sitting on the bank of the Newington Hill and the Newington Coaching Staff could've had the same reaction...

Did you see the New 3's?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)

haha. finally someone agrees! a Gigantic 'Hawker Stand' type would be perfect for it. Unfortunately its going to have to wait a couple of years!

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Did you see the New 3's?

Why yes I did.

Seemed like a very close affair in the 1st half with both sides making errors and for Grammar they seemed to capitalise on it very well. After oranges it saw a complete turnaround for Grammar with Newington having no possession and Grammar getting more points on the board. Would have been a good game if Newington had just evened up the score a little bit!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
It sounds like some adults need to have a look at themselves and some coaches need to take a stand against their own players.

Monday in Moore Park will be interesting - GPS (& CAS) were warned as an association last year about inappropriate (its never appropriate) pitch invasions by coaching staff.

The threat was withdrawal of service by NSWRRA - watch this space!

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah i thought the view coaches egging the boys on early in the game waS uneeded and quite childish really! But honestly at the end of the game it was getting out of control and the more clearheaded adults out there the better. After all they care about the boys in the team and would hate to see them getting bashed defencless on the ground especially as i have now learnt the boy was in year 10. It was not in malice from what i saw and i feel there was enough reason to can the game afterwards as it had gotten out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.