• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
I acknowledge that Joeys are the benchmark in GPS rugby and probably in Australian schoolboy rugby, but unless you have a boy currently at Scots, don't bother commenting on the rugby programme at Scots.

Facts usually speak for themselves and are independent of subjective hyperbole. 3/20 games won against Joeys says the program has a few holes (easily filled no doubt).

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Facts usually speak for themselves and are independent of subjective hyperbole. 3/20 games won against Joeys says the program has a few holes (easily filled no doubt).

I did say Joeys were the benchmark and it clearly wasn't a great day for Scots. I'd like to know what percentage other schools achieve(d) against Joeys. Any win against Joeys is to be treasured. I know I never got one in 6 years and didn't even come close. To me a win against Joeys is akin to a win against the All Blacks - very special.

B

Br Henry

yes Joeys won, but the games were close and competitive.

Joeys 13G 103 Scots 0
Joeys 16F 62 Scots 0
Joeys 16B 24 Scots 0
Joeys 16E 43 Scots 0
Joeys 13B 24 Scots 15
Joeys 13F 49 Scots 20
Joeys 14A 22 Scots 5
Joeys 14B 29 Scots 5

While the results do not show the huge heart these scotts boys showed, I was disappointed in the attitude towards these teams shown by the scotts parents who told me, "as long as the 1st's win we don't worry about these teams". This attitude is not found at Joeys.

B

Br Henry

I did say Joeys were the benchmark and it clearly wasn't a great day for Scots. I'd like to know what percentage other schools achieve(d) against Joeys. Any win against Joeys is to be treasured. I know I never got one in 6 years and didn't even come close. To me a win against Joeys is akin to a win against the All Blacks - very special.

I recall a player called Rob Renete played seven years at joeys (repeated sixth form as you did back in the 80's) and never lost a game.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
I point out that while the Scotts 1st Xv are indeed a very special team who are well coached, the results throughout the school do not support your opinion. When scotts plays joeys in 20 games, the joeys boys won 17 to scotts 3. The 1st XV, 13A and 14G's won while many of the remaining teams were inflicted with heavy defeats. When you have over 70% of your school teams winning games each week then the whole school success will be credible. Till then I am afaid the lads at bellevue continue to focus solely on the pointy end of the school.s program while the "also rans" are relegated to obscurity.

Scots its with one t not 2.......... as i said this is a ground roots up building program, fact is Joeys are not the powerhouse they used to be..... and we are building ..........

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Br, not sure i agree with this. While Joeys won a number of games against Scots, plenty of them were extremely close. Go back to my era, and one win in the day was a great result, and most losses were heavy. Scots have come a seriously long way under their current coaching system. Keep in mind the Scots boys lose out in the U15 & U14 age groups through glengarry, when the other schools play full strength right through, which will no doubt affect the 70% win ratios. Scots should be looking at the U13's, U16's and Opens as their benchmark, and they have been extremely competitive in all of those mentioned age groups, yes Joeys won, but the games were close and competitive.

Well done to the Scots boys today, a massive blow out, but some tremendous backline play. The two wingers had a field day as did the centers. Next week could be blinder at lane cover! Can't wait

mber: 7156"]You ruined a good point with a pedantic spell check rant.[/quote]

Mt point in case ........ Joeys will really need to step it up after 4 losses this year if they want to return to the glory days when they would not have suffered this many losses in 4 years or more ........ i have no doubt with the they are capable of doing so.....

B

Br Henry

mber: 7156"]

Mt point in case .... Joeys will really need to step it up after 4 losses this year if they want to return to the glory days when they would not have suffered this many losses in 4 years or more .... i have no doubt with the they are capable of doing so...

when all schools agree to play by the same admission rules you may find a more even competition

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The battle of the Catholics has seen Riverview run out winners for the 2nd time this season: 45-20
Well done Riverview, I apologise for doubting them in the battle against Joeys. What this result and Riverview's other results this year seem to say is that they have enough skill and speed, but struggle with the size of Scots and Newington. 2014 was always going to be their year to threaten, another year of physical maturity will make a big difference I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.