• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Joeys 13G 103 Scots 0
Joeys 16F 62 Scots 0
Joeys 16B 24 Scots 0
Joeys 16E 43 Scots 0
Joeys 13B 24 Scots 15
Joeys 13F 49 Scots 20
Joeys 14A 22 Scots 5
Joeys 14B 29 Scots 5

While the results do not show the huge heart these scotts boys showed, I was disappointed in the attitude towards these teams shown by the scotts parents who told me, "as long as the 1st's win we don't worry about these teams". This attitude is not found at Joeys.

In 15 years times it will be the boys in the D's to G's that will be buying all the merch, test tickets, and foxtel subscriptions that keep the game going. These kids deserve as much rugby development as the rock stars in the A's. They are the future of the game.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
when all schools agree to play by the same admission rules you may find a more even competition

The scots first 15 are 100 percent pure, you are on the wrong thread but are clearly a sore loser......... your comment deserves sanction ........

B

Br Henry

The scots first 15 are 100 percent pure, you are on the wrong thread but are clearly a sore loser... your comment deserves sanction ....

Please tell me where I mention scotts? Please read an earlier missive that praises the pedigree of the scotts boys. I do agree my comment maybe dealt a deletion, but it does indeed a place in another pasture.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
(this is the first 1st's team to go through the school from U13's under Marcus Blackburn and it shows) and acknowledge they are a very good rugby team.

They are a very good team but I am unsure what you mean about going through from the U13s. Did you mean the "A"s won their respective comps or all the boys in the first XV have been there since U13s ?
I know the second is not true

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
They are a very good team but I am unsure what you mean about going through from the U13s. Did you mean the "A"s won their respective comps or all the boys in the first XV have been there since U13s ?
I know the second is not true

No, they are the first 1st XV to have been at Scots since Blackburn started (ie they were in Year 7 when he started). FYI since year 7 IIRC they have finished no worse than top 3 (probably missed out in U15's)

T

Tight head Lion

No, they are the first 1st XV to have been at Scots since Blackburn started (ie they were in Year 7 when he started). FYI since year 7 IIRC they have finished no worse than top 3 (probably missed out in U15's)

Blackburn started in 2009.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Newington 64 def. Kings 19 in 1sts

Kings 17 def. New 5 in 2nds

Nice competitive game in the 2nds, but another big loss by Kings in 1sts.

I seem to recall that pre-season Kings supporters thought that this would a good season, but it's been disappointing to say the least.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Please tell me where I mention scotts? Please read an earlier missive that praises the pedigree of the scotts boys. I do agree my comment maybe dealt a deletion, but it does indeed a place in another pasture.
Again its Scots not Scotts ...........

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)

Thanks

Pat Baker

Bob McCowan (2)
After seeing that display....I hope that one day Kellaway will do a better job than Jesse Mogg at Fullback when he takes on the All-Blacks in the future.

not sure if he could leapfrog any current wallabies, or others such as Placid who are developing nicely

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting stat, Scots have not won at home against Newington since 2006, whilst New have not won at home against Scots since before 2006. Seems Bellvue Hill has been a happy hunting ground for the New boys coming into the blockbuster round 9 clash

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
I acknowledge that Joeys are the benchmark in GPS rugby and probably in Australian schoolboy rugby, but unless you have a boy currently at Scots, don't bother commenting on the rugby programme at Scots.

I have checked the rules of the forum and I can't find anywhere where it says that you have to have a boy at any particular school before you can make comments about that schools rugby program or anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.