• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
I think Fireball was referring to the 16A's. Nonetheless, whilst Joey's 16A's are a champion side, I think it may perhaps be worth giving the victors some credit. Even champion sides must lose along the way.

F

fireball

Agreed. I don't want this to sound churlish. Kings played strongly particularly their pack. But a shame we didn't get a true encounter instead spoiled by a whistleblower who only penalised one side. But it is on the score board and the kings boys aren't responsible for an atrocious ref you can only play what is in front of you

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
great game at the Lions Den today. In the end and i do mean the end Scots simply got out thought. At 21-20 and with some serious firepower running at you, you play it away from the Red zone and that was the difference. Scots put themselves under massive pressure by trying to run from anywhere when sometimes you just have to play field position. Scots out coached and maybe marginally unlucky with some 50:50s but credit to view and the whole of both schools and crowds.Great game,great crowd well done guys.....

B

Br Henry

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash3/1265426_703834129645669_165943920_o.jpg

B

Br Henry

great game at the Lions Den today. In the end and i do mean the end Scots simply got out thought. At 21-20 and with some serious firepower running at you, you play it away from the Red zone and that was the difference. Scots put themselves under massive pressure by trying to run from anywhere when sometimes you just have to play field position. Scots out coached and maybe marginally unlucky with some 50:50s but credit to view and the whole of both schools and crowds.Great game,great crowd well done guys...

It has been discussed on the sidelines at Hunters Hill what would happen when a good side places Scotts under pressure. I am sure the Kelaway lad can kick.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
It has been discussed on the sidelines at Hunters Hill what would happen when a good side places Scotts under pressure. I am sure the Kelaway lad can kick.
Can't fault their running game and has made for some cracking games this year,Jjoeyss :) being one,but surely when you are a man in the bin and you get clear ball to the number 2 in the line out and a quick pass opportunity ,don't you just kick deep to open space behind the view backs?..

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Agreed why did TSC not kick out of 22???? every time they they went wide without kicking they were shut down .. first half wind in their face second half wind at their backs no change in tatics>...great effort by new in their face all game .... they were exceptional.....
Sounds like Newington had done their homework and were expecting it.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Agreed. I don't want this to sound churlish. Kings played strongly particularly their pack. But a shame we didn't get a true encounter instead spoiled by a whistleblower who only penalised one side. But it is on the score board and the kings boys aren't responsible for an atrocious ref you can only play what is in front of you

It sounded churlish. Joeys indiscipline cost them the game.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
great game at the Lions Den today. In the end and i do mean the end Scots simply got out thought. At 21-20 and with some serious firepower running at you, you play it away from the Red zone and that was the difference. Scots put themselves under massive pressure by trying to run from anywhere when sometimes you just have to play field position. Scots out coached and maybe marginally unlucky with some 50:50s but credit to New and the whole of both schools and crowds.Great game,great crowd well done guys...

The best post so far on todays game Scots vs. New! Agree with you Scab - great spirit and a fantastic game!

Cheers to :

TAS boys joining the Newington tunnel after their 3rd XV game!

Scots boys keeping up a constant stream of support for their team!

Newington team venturing over to the parochial crowd on the western sideline to give three cheers to the Scots supporting crowd!

Scots 1st XV turning around and giving three cheers in return!

Huge contingent of Newington boys debunking the critics of New support!

30 plus young men who left NOTHING! on the field - I admire these guys so much! I felt privileged to witness the game, so forget the three cheers to the crowd - we owe you ALL the same!

Jeers to :

the motor bike revving up during a kick for goal ( but very creative! ).

Actually - no jeers! Great day - loved it! Well done to everyone involved!

Cheers, Wreckless :)

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sof if Scots and New both win next weekend, is it a shared Premiership or is it calculated on for and against?

Status
Not open for further replies.