• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
REVISED RIVERVIEW 1ST XV
1. Jack Bowditch (Year 11)/ Evan Prichard (Year 11)
2. Hosea Fotokuva (Year 11)
3. Nathan Kelly (Year 12)
4. Beau Peterson (Year 11)
5. Nick Foster (Year 11)
6. Dan Kilpatrick (Year 11)/Lincon Whitely (Year 12)
7. Conor Menzies (Year 11)
8. Ben Hunt (Year 12)
9. Mike Kennedy (Year 12)/ Charlie McKay (Year 12)
10. Jack McGregor (Year 10)/Henry Hutchinson (Year 11)
11. Sam Mete (Year 12)
12. Tom Molloy (Year 12)
13. Henry Hutchinson (Year 11)/ Alex Jalloh (Year 12)
14. Will Dutalis (Year 11)/ Charlie McKay (Year 12)
15. Bill Freeman (Year 11)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Last years NSW U16 Schoolboys and Sydney Juniors teams, not to mention the NSWJRU State Championship teams, were full of View (and Shore) boys.

As many of these were playing open grade Footy last year, their U16A teams under performed.

This year, and next year, that talent will concentrate in the 1st XV's and the results from View and Shore will improve.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
POSSIBLE SHORE 1ST XV 2013:

Player (Last year's team - any rep honours)

1. Doug Streeter (1sts - GPS 3rds)
2. Sam Cater (16 A's - NSW 16s)
3. -
4. Paddy Olver (16 A's - NSW 16s)
5. Angus Cooke (1sts)
6. Jum Woodhill (1sts - NSW 16s)
7. Harry Hodge? (3rds)
8. Nathan Lucas (2nds)
9. Harry Emery (2nds - NSW 16s)
10. Jack Clancy (1sts - NSW 16s)
11. Charlie Oldham (1sts)
12. Toby Cooke? (16A's) / Nate Lucas? (2nds)
13. Charlie King (16A's)
14. Harvey Duncan? (3rds) / Will Connelley? (16 A's)
15. Nick Clancy (1sts - NSW 16s)

Not including James Winton (2nds) who could play anywhere in the 2nd or backrow.

I'm unsure about the 2nd prop, how the forward pack will be arranged and who will fill the centres / other wing position. I guess it will come down to whos bloomed since last season and whos been working hard. Nonetheless, a solid side with some great key players (Clancys twins, Woodhill, Lucas, Cooke) which should go well.

Playmaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes there's plenty of talent to choose from plus Greg Mumm taking on the coaching role. Potential lineup based on last year's teams is below.

1. Nick Brown (2nds/3rds) or James King (16As)
2. Jono Burke (1sts)
3. Luc Bateman (1sts/2nds)
4. Ben Stacy (2nds)
5. Jamie Greentree (2nds) or Rob Black (2nds) or George Lehman (16As)
6. Rob Black (2nds) or Sam Connor (2nds) or Hugh Taylor (16As)
7. Jack McCalman (1sts) (c)
8. David Ballantyne (16As)
9. Rory Davis (2nds)
10. Corey Tulloch (1sts)
11. Tom Bucknell (2nds)
12. Charlie Friend (2nds)
13. Will Davies (1sts)
14. John Robertson (2nds)
15. James Kane (16As)

There'll no doubt be a few changes as players reaching physical maturity emerge and the hard pre-season work from others pays dividends for them.
a strong team CTPE, your thoughts on how they should aim to play this season? they seem a very balanced team, where are the strengths from your point of view?

G

GPSinsider

Looks like a good all round side with plenty of workers in the forwards and some hard heads as well! Davis and Tulloch provide a very classy halves combination and Davies was quite impressive in the centres last year. We look forward to hosting you in the first round!

In comparison to your thoughts l believe your opinion on the forward pack, is quite bias, with a number of boys that should also gain recognition as possibles to be a member of the forward pack, especially front row, you statement highlights your approval? others that could be included are, Jim Lee (16A's) & Lucas Bittman (2-3rds) what are your thoughts?

GPS Stroke

Bob McCowan (2)
Newington 2nd XV anyone? With most of the Yr12 powerhouses moving up into 1sts who will be coming through???
W.M has been doing a lot of explosive work including the revolutionary exercise of 'keg-throwing'

FootyForever

Stan Wickham (3)
Talking to a few boys it seems that the team will be very young and developing for 2014 as that year group hasnt lost together since year 5. I can put a few names out there:
1. Jack Bowditch (Year 11)
2. Hosea Fotokuva (Year 11)
3. ?
4. Beau Peterson (Year 11)
5. Nick Foster (Year 11)
6. Dan Kilpatrick (Year 11)
7. Conor Menzies (Year 11)
8. Ben Hunt (Year 12)
9. ?
10. Jack McGregor (Year 10)
11. ?
12. ?
13. Henry Hutchinson (Year 11)
14. Will Dutalis (Year 11)
15. Bill Freeman (Year 11)

If Alex Jalloh plays then hell be in the team for sure, maybe at 12 ?

1. Jack Bowditch (1st/2nds)
2. Hosea Fotokuva/Evan Pritchard (1st/2nds)
3. Nathan Kelly (1sts)
4. Beau Petersen (16as)
5. Nick Meagher (3rds)/Dan Kilpatrick (16as)
6. Lincoln Whiteley (2nds)/Tom Spill (3rds)
7. Conor Menzies (2nds)
8. Ben Hunt (1sts)
9. Mike Kennedy (1sts)
10. ?
11. Sam Mete (1st/2nds)
12. Tom Molloy (1st/2nds)
13. Henry Hutchinson (15as)
14. ?
15. Bill Freeman (1sts)

hits and trys

Bob McCowan (2)
Go back to #424 for some discussion on this. Here was GPSrow's take on things back then - any major revisions/revues G-row?

MY Pick for 2013

1. George Prassas 2nd XV
2. Campbell Shearer/Matt Serhorn 2nd XV, 16A
3. Vuni..(not too sure of his full name, correction will be made if i am wrong) 2nd XV and 16A
4.Anthony Vasilis (1st/2nd XV, got injured early on with a thumb injury)
5.Simon Kennewell (centre to backrow, interesting to see how he goes or if he changes to this position)
6. David Morris 1st XV
7. Jordan Roods/Tom Meaney/Stuart Mill (all strong ruckmen) all 2nd XV members
8. Lachie Cannell (easy rep player if he keeps up his form) 1st XV
9. Joey Lussick 1st XV
10. Ellis Abraham (english lad, strong with the ball and good defender) 1st XV /Lachlan Anderson (small but a key play maker and controller of team mates) 2nd XV
11. Tanne Milne (needs to prove himself in this position, imposing and a good ball runner) 1st XV
12. Josh Mitchell (needs more exposure to the 1sts, great with the ball and a key defender when it counts) 2nd XV
13. Tepai Meoroa (big unit, Aus. school boy rep and hits like steam train) (1st XV)
14. needs to be filled in (any ideas)
15. needs to be filled in (any ideas)

1.Vuni Fifita(2XV)
2.Campbell Shearer(2XV)
3.George Prassas(2XV)
4.Anthony Vasilis(2XV)
5.Lachlan Cannell(1XV)
6.Tim lee(2XV)
7.David Morris(1XV)
8.Tom Meaney(2XV)
9.Joey Lussick(1XV)
10.Ellis Abrahams(1XV)
11.Simon Kennwell(NEW BOY)
12.Tepai Meoroa(1XV)
13.Taane Milne(1XV)
14.Latu Latuinpulu(NEW BOY)/Sepesa(15'a's)
15.Josh Mitchell(2XV)

Backs for new will be stronger than the forwards this year but will be well coached enough to be around the top from Brad Gill

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
1.Vuni Fifita(2XV)
2.Campbell Shearer(2XV)
3.George Prassas(2XV)
4.Anthony Vasilis(2XV)
5.Lachlan Cannell(1XV)
6.Tim lee(2XV)
7.David Morris(1XV)
8.Tom Meaney(2XV)
9.Joey Lussick(1XV)
10.Ellis Abrahams(1XV)
11.Simon Kennwell(NEW BOY)
12.Tepai Meoroa(1XV)
13.Taane Milne(1XV)
14.Latu Latuinpulu(NEW BOY)/Sepesa(15'a's)
15.Josh Mitchell(2XV)

Backs for new will be stronger than the forwards this year but will be well coached enough to be around the top from Brad Gill

No place for Serhon, Anderson, Mill, Strong? What about a 2nd XV?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
a strong team CTPE, your thoughts on how they should aim to play this season? they seem a very balanced team, where are the strengths from your point of view?

I think that they'll aim to play exactly as their coaches Greg Mumm and Stephen James instruct. Both have superb coaching credentials and high level rugby experience. A major asset will be that 10+ of those named have played a lot of rugby together, firstly in the 2011 U16As that went through a 14 or 15 game season undefeated and last year when many of them were in the 2nds side that were runners up to Joeys by a mere point. In Tulloch and Friend they have two of the best kickers in general play and Davies and Kane will be very potent out wide. Their pack will be very mobile and McCalman is a very inspirational leader.

GPS Stroke

Bob McCowan (2)
No place for Serhon, Anderson, Mill, Strong? What about a 2nd XV?
I've been asking the same question as I'm assuming some boys from 4ths and 3rds last year will have a shot as Newingtons 16s were the weakest age group at Newington. I may be wrong but i am led to believe they have only won 1 game in the past 3 years

biggameplayer

Stan Wickham (3)
SJC
1. ???
2. ???
3. Matt Sandell (C)
4. Paddy O'Brien
5. Jono Hardy
6. ???
7. Max Knight
8. Ned Hanigan
9. Tevita Macksini
10. Conor O'Shea
11. Tim McCutcheon
12. Andrew Deegan/William McDonnell
13. Angus McGrath
14. Latrel Robinson
15. ???

Quite a diiferent team to the firsts of last year. Most notably the loss of a number of key forwards. Expect to see a large front row, as the SJC team seek to fight fire with fire. A number of changes in the backline; in the past few years Joeys have lacked a number 10 with a strong kicking game, whilst O'Shea does not possess the kicking game of Dan Carter, it is a certain improvement from Deegan's. I expect quite an inexperienced team, similar to that of 2011. Matt Sandell to lead from the front.

K

kbw

I've been asking the same question as I'm assuming some boys from 4ths and 3rds last year will have a shot as Newingtons 16s were the weakest age group at Newington. I may be wrong but i am led to believe they have only won 1 game in the past 3 years

Last years 16s were not strong. The 16As got a little closer than the year before. The Bs has some players that were probably better just not as big. If some of those bulk up they will do well in the 2nds and 3rds.
Vuni would be the only U16s player that in reality deserves to be in the 1sts or 2nds

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
SJC
1. Teirney Glasson (16as)
2. Chris Goldie (3rds)
3. Matt Sandell (C) (1sts)
4. Paddy O'Brien (1sts)
5. Jono Hardy (2nds)
6. Max Knight (16as)/Josh Canturi (16as)
7. Nic Penisi (2nds)
8. Ned Hanigan (2nds)
9. Tevita Macksini (2nds)/ Pat Curtain (1sts)
10. Andrew Deegan (1sts)/Connor O'Shea (2nds)
11. Tim McCutcheon (16as)
12. Andrew Deegan/Willo Mcdonell/Cam Duffy/Curtis Bennent/Pat Curtain/Jakub Gluzenko (1sts/16as/16as/4ths/1sts/injured)
13. Angus McGrath (2nds)
14. Latrel Robinson (16as)
15. Paddy Vaughan (2nds)

Quite a diiferent team to the firsts of last year. Most notably the loss of a number of key forwards. Expect to see a large front row, as the SJC team seek to fight fire with fire. A number of changes in the backline; in the past few years Joeys have lacked a number 10 with a strong kicking game, whilst O'Shea does not possess the kicking game of Dan Carter, it is a certain improvement from Deegan's. I expect quite an inexperienced team, similar to that of 2011. Matt Sandell to lead from the front.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
POSSIBLE SHORE 1ST XV 2013:

Player (Last year's team - any rep honours)

1. Doug Streeter (1sts - GPS 3rds)
2. Sam Cater (16 A's - NSW 16s)
3. -
4. Paddy Olver (16 A's - NSW 16s)
5. Angus Cooke (1sts)
6. Jum Woodhill (1sts - NSW 16s)
7. Harry Hodge? (3rds)
8. Nathan Lucas (2nds)
9. Harry Emery (2nds - NSW 16s)
10. Jack Clancy (1sts - NSW 16s)
11. Charlie Oldham (1sts)
12. Toby Cooke? (16A's) / Nate Lucas? (2nds)
13. Charlie King (16A's)
14. Harvey Duncan? (3rds) / Will Connelley? (16 A's)
15. Nick Clancy (1sts - NSW 16s)

Not including James Winton (2nds) who could play anywhere in the 2nd or backrow.

I'm unsure about the 2nd prop, how the forward pack will be arranged and who will fill the centres / other wing position. I guess it will come down to whos bloomed since last season and whos been working hard. Nonetheless, a solid side with some great key players (Clancys twins, Woodhill, Lucas, Cooke) which should go well.

I expect that this team will be very competitive this year and even more so in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.