• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Anybody from lower teams that may be wild cards for 1sts positions? I know Jordan Gillespie from TKS has been prioritising his passing in the hope to run on at 3.15 rather than 12

isn't he the brother of the famous jed at kings that played 1st XV and aus schoolboys in 10'?

but no, he will not play for kings at 3:15. he was a keen footy player playing a's till the 16s i believe. Obviously hasn't caught on in puberty or his brothers footsteps. haha. but it should be apt that his skills will be at good use in the lower grades. maybe even getting to run on for the 2nds!

he's a good lad but doesn't have the genes to carry on by the looks of him. such a shame

K

kbw

Here are some alternatives based on students there

1. George Prassas
2. Campbell Shearer / Tim Lee
3. Vuni Teaupa-Fifita
4.Anthony Vasilis
5. ? maybe Tom Meaney - but not Simon Kennewell especially if he is the age I am being told
6. David Morris
7. Jordan Roods/Stuart Mill
8. Lachie Cannell
9. Lachlan Anderson
10. Joey Lussick
11. Josh Mitchell
12. Ellis Abraham (not really a #10, he is a centre)
13. Tanne Milne (doesn't need to prove himself as a winger, thats just plainly ridiculous)
14. Michael Kambas (depending on injuries)
15. Tepai Meoroa

Sepesa is too young was in U15s last year and while good not good enough to play firsts this year.
There will be very few 16As from last year in the firsts, especially forwards as even though the bigger boys of the year, they were not good rugby players and found it hard to cope with physical aspect of the game.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
isn't he the brother of the famous jed at kings that played 1st XV and aus schoolboys in 10'?

but no, he will not play for kings at 3:15. he was a keen footy player playing a's till the 16s i believe. Obviously hasn't caught on in puberty or his brothers footsteps. haha. but it should be apt that his skills will be at good use in the lower grades. maybe even getting to run on for the 2nds!

he's a good lad but doesn't have the genes to carry on by the looks of him. such a shame

What's the Kings likely firsts lineup? Do you see any of their U16s from last year going straight into the side?

Playmaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
What's the Kings likely firsts lineup? Do you see any of their U16s from last year going straight into the side?
potential Kings line-up unknown however the school is not short in depth and the coaches should not have a problem selecting a premier contending squad, potentially in all 3 grades? CTPE could you confirm?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)

mate wouldn't have a great deal to now about kings u16s, but will be interesting to see how kings go with roberston, black, cheung and a few other 2nds lads hitting up for 1sts, such a good team to watch. dominated new for sure when i saw them play.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Revised Newington Dream team as updated since the last time i did one. sorry kbw to had to share the spotlight

1. George Prassas Year 12 (last year 2nd XV)
2. Campbell Shearer / Tim Lee Year 12s (last year 2nd XV)
3. Vuni Teaupa-Fifita Year 11 (last year 2nd XV)
4.Anthony Vasilis Year 12 (last year 2nd XV)
5. Tom Meaney Year 12 (last year 2nd XV)
6. David Morris Year 12 (2nd year 1st XV)
7. Jordan Roods/Stuart Mill Year 12s (last year 2nd XV)
8. Lachie Cannell Year 12 (2nd Year 1st XV)
9. Lachlan Anderson Year 12 (last year 2nd XV)
10. Joey Lussick Year 12 (2nd year 1st XV)
11. Tanne Milne Year 12 (2nd year 1st XV)
12. Ellis Abraham Year 12 (2nd year 1st XV)
13. Tepai Meoroa (2nd year 1st XV)
14. Zac Roberston (last year 2nd/3rd XV)
15.Josh Mitchell Year 12 (last year 2nd XV)

other probable selections:-

J.S (halfback)
W.M (flanker - both sides)

From this, it simply shows how hard Newington will be to beat. not to be biassed but this is why, Experienced players, small group of year 11s and 5 returning 1st XV players. this shows the merely the ableness of Newington to do it.

Key notes:-

• New forward pack, but all have experience in a 3rd place 2nd XV team.
  • Back line superb, needs to see Josh and Taane both shine this year as Josh was outdone by better players in last years 1st XV but was well worth a spot in the 1st XV if this hadn't happened.
  • Lachlan Anderson has shown his worth in the 2nd XV last year, showing both class and resilience whilst playing against boys twice his body weight. will be interesting to see how much size he gas gained and if it will be beneficial to him on game day.
  • George Prassas will be tested this year as he only started playing rugby in the 15s and now switching to prop. fancy him making the 1sts and 3rds GPS team from there ay!
  • Both wingers could well be from the 16s, which would mean that these boys will need to combine speed with power as there size is not as merely intimidating as seeing tanne or Tepai running through people.
  • Depth and lack of injuries will again be key in sustaining victory for the new boys as from the 2nds, they merely have 5 or 6 players could step up to mark if needed but would cause a huge domino effect on the rest of the teams below as new will most likely go down to the 5ths as usual.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
The randomness astonishes.
They say that if you gave a monkey a typewriter and enough time he (or she) could produce the works of shakespeare.

IS, my work is considered of WS (William Shakespeare) Quality. But c'mon lets not let our beastial tendencies get the better of us. Might have to get ASADA on my work then.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS, my work is considered of WS (William Shakespeare) Quality. But c'mon lets not let our beastial tendencies get the better of us. Might have to get ASADA on my work then.

I can see what you mean: you write in english (I think) but you use a german word order

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I'm living in Melbourne, so I am a little out of the loop these days. Everyone seems adamant that View will be wooden spooners this year. Can someone shed some light on the team? Is this just an extremely weak rugby year for the school?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm living in Melbourne, so I am a little out of the loop these days. Everyone seems adamant that View will be wooden spooners this year. Can someone shed some light on the team? Is this just an extremely weak rugby year for the school?

Talking to a few boys it seems that the team will be very young and developing for 2014 as that year group hasnt lost together since year 5. I can put a few names out there:
1. Jack Bowditch (Year 11)
2. Hosea Fotokuva (Year 11)
3. ?
4. Beau Peterson (Year 11)
5. Nick Foster (Year 11)
6. Dan Kilpatrick (Year 11)
7. Conor Menzies (Year 11)
8. Ben Hunt (Year 12)
9. ?
10. Jack McGregor (Year 10)
11. ?
12. ?
13. Henry Hutchinson (Year 11)
14. Will Dutalis (Year 11)
15. Bill Freeman (Year 11)

If Alex Jalloh plays then hell be in the team for sure, maybe at 12 ?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
potential Kings line-up unknown however the school is not short in depth and the coaches should not have a problem selecting a premier contending squad, potentially in all 3 grades? CTPE could you confirm?

Yes there's plenty of talent to choose from plus Greg Mumm taking on the coaching role. Potential lineup based on last year's teams is below.

1. Nick Brown (2nds/3rds) or James King (16As)
2. Jono Burke (1sts)
3. Luc Bateman (1sts/2nds)
4. Ben Stacy (2nds)
5. Jamie Greentree (2nds) or Rob Black (2nds) or George Lehman (16As)
6. Rob Black (2nds) or Sam Connor (2nds) or Hugh Taylor (16As)
7. Jack McCalman (1sts) (c)
8. David Ballantyne (16As)
9. Rory Davis (2nds)
10. Corey Tulloch (1sts)
11. Tom Bucknell (2nds)
12. Charlie Friend (2nds)
13. Will Davies (1sts)
14. John Robertson (2nds)
15. James Kane (16As)

There'll no doubt be a few changes as players reaching physical maturity emerge and the hard pre-season work from others pays dividends for them.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Talking to a few boys it seems that the team will be very young and developing for 2014 as that year group hasnt lost together since year 5. I can put a few names out there:
3. ?
5. Nick Foster (Year 11)
8. Ben Hunt (Year 12)
9. ?
11. ?
12. ?

how come such a lack of year 12s??

Kentucky

Bob McCowan (2)
3. ?
5. Nick Foster (Year 11)
8. Ben Hunt (Year 12)
9. ?
11. ?
12. ?

3. Nathan Kelly
9. Mike Kennedy
10. Not sure about McGregor
11. Sam Mete
12. Not sure

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
3. ?
5. Nick Foster (Year 11)
8. Ben Hunt (Year 12)
9. ?
11. ?
12. ?

Evan Pritchard, Lincoln Whiteley, Mike Kennedy, Tom Molloy & Charlie McKay are others who might get a look in.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes there's plenty of talent to choose from plus Greg Mumm taking on the coaching role. Potential lineup based on last year's teams is below.

1. Nick Brown (2nds/3rds) or James King (16As)
2. Jono Burke (1sts)
3. Luc Bateman (1sts/2nds)
4. Ben Stacy (2nds)
5. Jamie Greentree (2nds) or Rob Black (2nds) or George Lehman (16As)
6. Rob Black (2nds) or Sam Connor (2nds) or Hugh Taylor (16As)
7. Jack McCalman (1sts) (c)
8. David Ballantyne (16As)
9. Rory Davis (2nds)
10. Corey Tulloch (1sts)
11. Tom Bucknell (2nds)
12. Charlie Friend (2nds)
13. Will Davies (1sts)
14. John Robertson (2nds)
15. James Kane (16As)

There'll no doubt be a few changes as players reaching physical maturity emerge and the hard pre-season work from others pays dividends for them.

Looks like a good all round side with plenty of workers in the forwards and some hard heads as well! Davis and Tulloch provide a very classy halves combination and Davies was quite impressive in the centres last year. We look forward to hosting you in the first round!

Status
Not open for further replies.