• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
What's the thought on Kings? The general feeling is that without Harry Jones they are seriously diminished in strength. Kings loss is Barkers gain!

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
Just got an email from Country Juniors saying the boys will be trialing against Shore whilst they are in Myuna bay (North End of Lake Macquarie) camp this weekend. There's no rugby ground at Myuna Bay so must be nearby. My guess is it must be Sunday.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Just got an email from Country Juniors saying the boys will be trialing against Shore whilst they are in Myuna bay (North End of Lake Macquarie) camp this weekend. There's no rugby ground at Myuna Bay so must be nearby. My guess is it must be Sunday.

Usually the "all age camp" at Myuna Bay for NSWCountry starts Friday for team building, training, combinations etc. In the past their games have been at Warners Bay on the Sunday!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I
MrRugby37 or CTPE any idea what the Kings firsts team list is to play Joeys on Saturday?
I think that MrRugby37 might be a it closer to the action than me but I've heard that the starting team will likely be:
1. James King
2. Jono Burke
3. Lucas Bateman
4. Ben Stacy
5. George Lehman
6. Sam Connor
7. Jack McCalman
8. David Ballantyne
9. Rory Davis
10. Corey Tulloch
11. Cameron Mullen
12. Will Davies
13. Charlie Friend
14. Tom Bucknell
15. James Kane

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
What's the thought on Kings? The general feeling is that without Harry Jones they are seriously diminished in strength. Kings loss is Barkers gain!
At the end of last year, they also lost Sam Carter and then his replacement John Roberts, also left. I suspect this years back line is very different from what the coaches anticipated from last season, but a good opportunity and challenge for the boys who are there now. I'm sure I read, in a previous post that the coaching staff has also changed?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Gents, this should've been posted on the scholarship thread or well should've just posted it there but interesting to know that this weekend, I will leave them nameless but there are only 2 boys in this week's 1st XV that have started in year 7 for Newington and only 1 not on scholarship (JM). Is it a shame? or is it just a coincidence?

It's good to see that these two players of which my nephew knows personally, have come through the ranks and has played consistent rugby 13A's, 14A's 15A's rugby and so on, to now progress to one of the most controversial 1st XV's Newington and the GPS competition has seen since in the infamous 1993 Scots 1st XV.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Probably better to follow protocols and discuss the Scholarship, Bursary, Fee Relief etc issues on the relevant thread.

The mods usually take a rather dim view of this in the "normal" Schoolboy footy threads.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
At the end of last year, they also lost Sam Carter and then his replacement John Roberts, also left. I suspect this years back line is very different from what the coaches anticipated from last season, but a good opportunity and challenge for the boys who are there now. I'm sure I read, in a previous post that the coaching staff has also changed?
I knew that Harry Jones had left Kings but now there is two more of their 1sts backs gone from last year?

They are coming here to play Scots in round 1 of the GPS. Do you have a view on their team or players to look out for?

Paddogreen

Herbert Moran (7)
Gents, this should've been posted on the scholarship thread or well should've just posted it there but interesting to know that this weekend, I will leave them nameless but there are only 2 boys in this week's 1st XV that have started in year 7 for Newington and only 1 not on scholarship (JM). Is it a shame? or is it just a coincidence?

It's good to see that these two players of which my nephew knows personally, have come through the ranks and has played consistent rugby 13A's, 14A's 15A's rugby and so on, to now progress to one of the most controversial 1st XV's Newington and the GPS competition has seen since in the infamous 1998 Scots 1st XV.
What happened in '98?

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably better to follow protocols and discuss the Scholarship, Bursary, Fee Relief etc issues on the relevant thread.

The mods usually take a rather dim view of this in the "normal" Schoolboy footy threads.
Support what you say but how about letting the mods adjudicate by say excising it from this forum and posting it where it should be?

Paddogreen

Herbert Moran (7)
Think Srow is referring to the '93 premiership team - five boys from a U16 rep team entered the school in '92 (although one left after a year).
Oh '93, High's last great chance at winning the comp. Finishing a gallant second, losing only one game to Scots. Who can forget the Joeys first XV being brought into a post-game huddle at Mackay, to be told how to break the news to their fathers, uncles and brothers that High had just smashed them. Those were not tears of joy. So sad we will not see that day again.
Sorry for the history lesson, but some great memories.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
With riverview having their first real hit out on the weekend against auggies, they looked sharp and fit, with fast running rugby being played. the front 3 looking sharp and look big the second rowers looking strong but it was the number 6 who was the stand out forward lincoln whitley, with conor menzies suffering an anckle injury they had to do some re shuffling, jack hayson moving to the forward pack this year seems to have paid of as he was looking good in defence.

The backline who are all very fit and fast with mcgregor hutchinson mete all doing aths, they looked good. jack mcgregor showing why he has been givin the number 10 with a phenominal boot, with the backline all knowing eachothers game and growing up playing together it will be a backline that does not have much size but will be able to run anyone around.

Injuries: with jack hayson and henry huctinson having a collision at training it has led to henry being out for the week and having a knee structure on, while jack hayson being a forward will need to go on, connor menzies has been on crutches all week and says he will be back for newington but wont be 100% thats all that reamains on that front for this team that is only know being said they could do well, people are doubting them but they have the bond to win.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
it is a sunday game, played on the central coast, i believe the 1sts are playing at 1:15

Thanks FK! I'm tipping it will be at Warners Bay under the slag heap from the nearby ( closed ) smelter! Lead and zinc fumes and water table - perfect for growing young men! Seriously - it's a good venue and Country have had many seasons there! I hope it's a great day's rugby and I'm glad that Shore are " taking it to the people"! I'd like to see more of this sort of cross pollenation! Cheers, Wreckless :)

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
I think that MrRugby37 might be a it closer to the action than me but I've heard that the starting team will likely be:
1. James King
2. Jono Burke
3. Lucas Bateman
4. Ben Stacy
5. George Lehman
6. Sam Connor
7. Jack McCalman
8. David Ballantyne
9. Rory Davis
10. Corey Tulloch
11. Cameron Mullen
12. Will Davies
13. Charlie Friend
14. Tom Bucknell
15. James Kane
Thanks for that. A few names here that I'm not familiar with, how many of these were in 16s last year?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
With riverview having their first real hit out on the weekend against auggies, they looked sharp and fit, with fast running rugby being played. the front 3 looking sharp and look big the second rowers looking strong but it was the number 6 who was the stand out forward lincoln whitley, with conor menzies suffering an anckle injury they had to do some re shuffling, jack hayson moving to the forward pack this year seems to have paid of as he was looking good in defence.

The backline who are all very fit and fast with mcgregor hutchinson mete all doing aths, they looked good. jack mcgregor showing why he has been givin the number 10 with a phenominal boot, with the backline all knowing eachothers game and growing up playing together it will be a backline that does not have much size but will be able to run anyone around.

Injuries: with jack hayson and henry huctinson having a collision at training it has led to henry being out for the week and having a knee structure on, while jack hayson being a forward will need to go on, connor menzies has been on crutches all week and says he will be back for newington but wont be 100% thats all that reamains on that front for this team that is only know being said they could do well, people are doubting them but they have the bond to win.

hey i know 'who that guy' is. Is an insider from riverview's senior school. Please post more insider information, it would be good to get some insight from a current view boy on their 1sts team. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.